Gameplay Reminders...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, May 19, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Gameplay Reminders...

I wanted to hit on a few things that have been brought to my attention..

-Doing un-sim things with your team to either run more clock or to leave more time on the clock is NOT ALLOWED in close games. If your about to score, score, don't run out of bounds at the 10 yard line to maintain possession to run more clock.

-Vice versa, don't manually move your defensive players to allow someone to score quicker so that you have more time on offensive to try and get another TD or FG... both of these are extreme NO-NO's...

-Play action should not be "over utilized" when you have not established the running game. Plain ole drop backs or shotgun formations should be the main passing formation for throwing the ball. Playaction is used to catch a defense off guard when you've been successful and pounding the rock during the drive or game. Be prudent in it's use.

-Moving players before the snap on defense, then switching to another player is prohibited by rule in TT.

-WR's should be the main target for passing plays. HB's should be checkdown receivers and not primary targets. The game accentuates speed to the degree that it's hard for ANY LB to cover a 90+ speed HB and i don't want to see that get out of hand or be a primary aspect of an offensive gameplan for the season.

-Running your QB around in the backfield then throwing the football should be limited to when you are being pressured out of the pocket. Scrambling outside and running around or up to the line of scrimmage right before your throw is not straight gameplay and should be avoided as a tactic in your offense. I understand that plays breakdown and sometimes you have to do what you have to do, but keep in mind that intentionally doing it will be frowned upon.

-Manually motioning your WR's before the snap should be kept to a realistic minimum. There are plenty of plays with green routes and defined motion in them that you can utilize. But again, don't abuse them.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I hope you dont mind Ry but I want to add something to this.

If you call an inside run please run inside the majority of times. With the way speed is in this game you see a ton of inside runs bounced outside right away and then sprint to the edge.

The defense takes bad angles or gets sucked inside or into the blocking animation and its just a tad unrealistic to over use it.

In moderation sure it happens but as a running game staple no way.

Its an age old tactic in EA football games and one that should be used sparingly.

Ryno also touched on the qb running around, if you call a pass and have no intention of passing the ball and just run around the end with your qb for yards that should also be a no no. If you want to run with the qb call an option play or a designed qb run. Of course qb's run at times but most of the time they at least look for a wr to throw to.

Sorry to butt in now ill go back to minding my own business.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i concur with Bruce's additions WHOLE HEARTEDLY....

if a plays designed to be run inside... 85% of the time that's where it needs to go. Getting to the line than sprinting to the sidelines on a dive play as a general part of your gameplan is not sim.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i will make sure that i never do this.. i think i've done it once or twice with Butler before, but i will take it to heart and make sure my intentions are correct.

5. HoleInTheSky

HoleInTheSky Guest

i see where you're coming from with QB scrambling but sometimes that's your only option

example:if i see nobody open and notice my o-lineman has just pancaked a pass rusher it's hard not to take off

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have done this.........didnt know it was a rule.

If I call 4 wide look for 1 receiver to be open and if he isn't i am running with the QB....not good?

Calling a pass play with the intention of running with the QB is off limits?

lets get these rules ironed out as Fanene will be back next year....and I plan on running just like I did this year. Some feedback on this woudl be nice.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think if your intent is to look at a read or two, then take off, that's a bit different.

If your spreading them out and then running on a called pass play, that's the issue. There is a QB draw plays in the playbook, if you want to do that, call the QB draw... it's more an AI issue of "thinking the user called a pass play" and the cpu defenders not reacting the same way they do to "the user just called a draw play" type scenario.

If you want to run it with the qb, call a qb run play.. if your intent is to make a throw initially if a read or 2 are open, nothing is and you pull it down, your still ok.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you said 'nobody is open' so that implies you made a read.. you also reacted to an in game circumstance when the DL got pancaked..

i think your alright. This is specifically calling a pass play with no intention of passing it... there are QB designed run plays for that scenario... draws and options etc..

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ok....got it. Thanks.

QB Draws.......I have actually never tried them...wonder if they suck!

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I've watched you play a few times, JMS. What is the speed rating on your QB? I don't think we have seen a QB come through TTII that has better than 91 spd.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

He is not that fast....88 speed.

Looks faster on justin.tv i guess

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, maybe he accelerates quick...

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Marcus Mason was a 92 speed his Junior year, and he was fun to play.

I got a QB with 92 speed right now, but his throw ratings will need to improve, but he would be fun to run the option.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Pretty sure Fanene is 86 speed but he runs like a 90+. He runs away from 86 speed DEs

15. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I don't mind the scrambling with the QB that much. What I don't like is when people get outside the pocket and just stand at the hash mark/sideline and wait for a WR to break open. I rarely leave the pocket, but when I do I attack the LOS. The pass rush is horrible and probably will always be like that in the NCAA series. From the fact that rushers end up on their ass, outside blitzers never try to go around the OT which is what they should do and when a QB does get outside the pocket the rushers don't get off their blocks. Like I said, I would much rather have someone who will scramble then someone just gets outside the pocket and waits for the coverage to break down. The only exception for me is if someone only rushes 2 or less people, then I say you can do what you want.