Gameplay reminders

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Punting:
    I realize that most of you guys have figured out how to punt the ball where the return man has little to no opportunity to field the punt. Doing this allows the ball to bounce down the field or out of bounds and typically results in poor field position for the receiving team.

This needs to stop. Please punt the ball in play or out of bounds but do not kick a line drive straight at the pylon.

Kick-off:
    I'm still seeing a lot of zig-zagging. Some of you guys aren't even trying to avoid a blocker. Just zigging back and forth for no reason while the CPU does a shitty job of trying to block you. It's okay to make a move and go around a guy, but let's keep the 10 yard shuttles down to a minimum. Remember, if it doesn't look realistic then a lot of times it's not.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I thought we agreed on kickoff returns to run it out of bounds at mid-field and no KR for TD's? I thought that was a rule, as I ran one out of bounds at mid field against Goose in the title game last season.

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My understanding was that as long as you aren't bouncing it outside at that "sweet spot" then it was ok.

4. OMlawdog

Yeah, i guess its just a fine line between hitting the sweet spot and maybe making one guy miss. I just figured its better to run out of bounds.

By the way, if I had been down 6 and there was 20 seconds left on the clock Id like to think I would run it out of bounds, and I probably would have even in the National Title game.

At the 1 yard line.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't think there is a rule about running it out of bounds, officially at least. I do appreciate that if you think you shouldn't have broken one to run out of bounds.

Users is a different story. There is generally a lot a user can do to prevent even the dumb AI from giving up a TD.

6. OMlawdog

I think I'll follow the mindset against a User that if Im losing, Im taking it to the house. If Im winning, Im going to play mega sim.

Seems about right.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    To clarify, we are not allow to coffin corner? I managed to nail a NICE one against Lawdog last night, but I can't do it consistently.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Good question. Yes you are allowed to coffin corner as long as it isn't the result of the method I mention above. I did mention you are allowed to kick it out of bounds - it just has to be a normal punt. Not the line drives at 60* that people are doing that keeps the PR from fielding the ball.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Cool, I didn't hammer it on a line, it was at the normal 45 degree angle.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I appreciate you running the one out of bounds in the title game, although I don't remember it.. I've tried to put most happenings from that game out of my head lol.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It wasn't in the title game, it was in the CC against me...his memory is just going because he's old.

12. OMlawdog

Totally possible.

13. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

against users if i break one im taking it to the house.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. OMlawdog

I think it depends on the user Im playing? If Im playing Shaun, Im taking it to the house and hopefully doing this the minute I cross the goalline.

[​IMG]

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    U mad bro?

• Like Like x 1
  16. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  17. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

If I was playing Lawdog I wouldn't stop until my guy was in the locker room. Anyone else I run out of bounds.

18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Oh shit, a Flo sighting!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

Admittedly I used to do those. :oops:

Easy counter. Move your punt returner up about 10 yards, then click off him at the snap. If it's done against me, I just do that next time. I don't sweat it but I agree there should be a rule. i've just seen it so rarely I haven't made one. Nobody has done it twice against me this release.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I have a bigger problem with guys doing it against the CPU. Users can always find a way to counter.