Gameplay Rules FYI

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by CharlestonUSC, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Hey guys I'm going to link the TSO site gameplay rules just as a refresher for everyone. I personally didn't even realize that you can't audible on offense to a different formation that the one you are in, so i will have to remember this for future games. Just thought it would be a good idea for us all to go over the rules again to make sure we're staying within the spirit of the site.

Hope everyone's seasons are going the way they hoped and you reach your goals for the season. Right now I'm trying to close in on that bowl eligibility and top 3 finish in the division.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tradition-rules-and-general-expectations.1161/

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good idea Charleston. Also, we are at the end on the NCAA '11 life and fast approaching '12's release. So, if anyone would like to discuss a certain rule or anything else about the setup of our league, lets get it started here.

I personally want to address the "clipping" slider. I think they happen too often. Anyone else experience this?

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

As soon as I say this I'll get hit with the clipping call my next game after a big run, but for the present I cannot remember ever having a clipping call.
    I honestly dont think I've played a game and had more than 2 penalties...

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I get a clipping call just about every game. Usually it occurs when my WR makes a catch in open space and the defender trailing him runs into the other WR on his route. I also tend to get them when my RB cuts back against the grain when the LB corps flows in the direction of the run. I can understand this call b/c these types of runs in real life will result in clipping calls.

I will say the most frustrating thing about the CPU is the aggressiveness of the offense, they almost always go for fourth down inside the fifty if it is under four yards.

Also the frequency of playing teams with hurry up offenses is staggering. It would be amazing if 12 has an option to turn off hurry up offenses for the CPU.

Another issue is, and my main concern, the field goal kicking accuracy. I can understand the power being brought down a little so that you have to recruit a powerful leg, but I don't agree with having accuracy issues at all. I think the games against the CPU are hard enough without having to worry about missing a 22 yard field goal.
    I feel like these sliders are unrealistic because in real life kickers for BCS affiliated schools are not this talentless.

5. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

i get maybe 1-2 clipping calls per game. of course it's always on a big play. i seemed to get a lot more penalties overall last year though, maybe the game throws in penalties more often for teams that aren't that great or something.

as far as kicking it has worked fine for me this season. last year my kicker had like 60 KPW so i was punting from the 20 yard line but this year my JUCO kicker has a decent leg and i think he's done alright in terms of FG%.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I think kicking sliders are fine.

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Well I'm in the minority so far concerning fg accuracy...

8. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Well you didn't like your QB accuracy and you've straightened that out. As far as clipping, the first few games every time I ran it, which was almost never, I got it called every time. I think I had it called 8 times one game. Last game when I ran almost 40 times, it wasn't called.

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i think i've been called for clipping only a few times, all on big punt returns.

10. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Just curious how many FG attempts everyone averages per game?

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Prob depends on how good their kicker is, Some people would probably rather go for it on 4th and 6 than kick a 40 yard FG that they know their kicker will miss. It is the biggest recruiting flaw in this years game, the lack of decent kickers

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Well that is one thing we need to discuss then rules wise in our league. At what point is it okay to go for it on fourth down when it is more than a 4th and 1 situation? B/c according to TSO rules you can only go for it on fourth down, if you are leading the game, if it is less than one yard for the first.

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I would say inside the 35 it would be okay only if you know your kicker can't kick that far. It's a hard rule to enforce though, luckily with only a month left until 12 they should have it fixed when we start up again

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

it shouldn't be too hard to enforce. if someone does it highlight it and load it to the site. for me, now that i fully understand the sim rules, it is black and white and no gray area when it comes to the TSO gameplay rules. That is why it is critical we always use mics during user games. that way if you have a question about a play you are about to run or a fourth down attempt you can ask the other user.

15. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

This is something we can discuss. Our rules aren't set in stone, we can change/adjust some a little. B/c I know since my kicker graduated, I havn't been able to make anything longer than a 35 yard FG. I don't have a problem with accuracy really, just strength.

16. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

We can make an amendment page on our push pinned threads and highlights it or something. Good idea Clay.

17. pnc

pnc Walk On

I think we have to have a fourth down rule. i like the fourth and less than 1 yard inside your 40. If you have a kicker that cant kick then recruit a better kicker.;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

We would if kicker recruits didn't completely suck

19. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

yea i like pnc's point of view here. If you can't recruit a better kicker and it is over fourth and one yard, you should just try to punt and pin inside the 10 yard line unless it is the fourth quarter.

20. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

that would make your play calling that much more important and possibly make user games a little more competitive and tighter.

21. pnc

pnc Walk On

Ive got a freshman kicker power 71, accuracy 78 and im 8 of 12 with a long of 41. I had one made from 43 and i hooked it wide. he was just a 3 star. The kickers are out there you just have to find them.

22. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

:3stars:kickers seem to be few and far between and hard to land. I guess the fix for this is to score touchdowns :)

23. pnc

pnc Walk On

ok. I guess ive never paid much attention to kickers. I only look when my kicker is leaving. Hopefully they fix it for next year.

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Well at 4th and 3,4,5,6 on the 33 yard line and your kicker has the range of only 47 yards, going for it would be the sim thing to do.

25. pnc

pnc Walk On

i disagree. 4th and 3-6 yards from the 33 you punt and try to pin teams inside the 5.