Gameplay Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Based on some things I've heard from some in the league, I want to remind everyone of the following things to remember about gameplay, especially on the defensive end:

1. Remember that we are playing an NBA game, not NCAA basketball, and NBA teams DO NOT run zone defenses a majority of the time. Zone defense is fine, but it should be used occasionally, as a change up, not as your base defense. Even the team that runs more zone than anyone in the league, the Dallas Mavericks, still only run zone about 20-25% of their defensive plays.

2. Related to zone defense - remember that the zone defense is intended to prevent interior scoring, and if you are in zone you should not be pressing and attempting steals with your defensive players on offensive players outside the 3 point line. That defeats the point of the zone and isn't the way real basketball is played.

3. Jumping passes - I've read on NBA forums that there is an issue with people switching players as the passing animation starts and spamming the steal button which seems to work far better than it should. Nobody in here should be doing this. Also, on defense you should be guarding a man, whether in man or zone (remember that NBA rules require players in zones to be within arms length of an offensive player if you are in the paint), and you should not be freelancing looking to solely steal passes.

Just an FYI to everyone. Remember, if you have any issues with any game, contact myself and Bondzai007 via pm.

Papa Perry
    Mike E
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs My sole purpose here is to beat recchem2000

Jul 18, 2010
  3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Obviously Bond and I haven't played everyone in this group so far, so let me say this - if any of you have been utilizing any of the above defensive tactics, consider this your warning to stop. I for one have very little patience for guys who take advantage of gameplay mechanics for the sake of winning. If we start hearing future complaints about gameplay, the offenders may find themselves out of the league.

That ends my PSA.