Gameplay tuning error/EA Server Error PS3

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Jun 9, 2013.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I turn on ps3
    Go into NCAA Football 13
    Connect to EA servers
    Go to Online Dynasty

I then get either EA server error or gameplay tuning error

If I click retry/connect when server error comes up, 90% of the time it does not work. If I click try again later I get gameplay tuning error.

So my main question is what am I doing wrong?

If I remove the patch and the tuning update and reinstall them, it works but it is only a temporary fix.

I have been given other suggestions but not sure what good they would do. One was clearing the cache, that didn not make sense to me because right now I only play 3-4 games on my PS3 and only game with issue is NCAA Football 13. Second suggestion was reformat the hard drive, however my ps3 has a considerable amount of games on the hard drive and I do not want have to replace them on the PS3 if I don't have to.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

First time I've see this.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

It shouldn't be a temporary fix. That should have fixed it.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

This happened in 12 as well, but not as frequently as I have seen it over the last 2 months or so in 13. Which is why I was asking if I was doing something wrong.

5. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I assume clearing the cache wont help you, but this might. I have had a number of recurring issues on the PS3 version that get fixed by going into recovery mode and then rebuilding the database. I try to do this every once in a while whether I have issues or not along with check the file system.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

How do I get into recovery mode?

7. chance17

chance17 Walk On

With the ps3 turned off, hold the power button (it will beep and power on). It will beep again (resetting the video source) and then a third time when it shuts down. Then do the same thing again, but when it gave a single beep before telling you it would shut down, now it will beep twice successively. When that happens, let go of the power button.

After that, you will need a USB cable to plug in your controller to navigate the recovery menu. Do not chose the restore option. It will reset it completely to a clean OS with default settings and none of your games or data. I think if you do the database you lose your messages, preferences for things like how video folders display, and playlists. Restore file system is like a chkdsk feature for the PS3 and shouldn't affect any data.

They take some time, but it wont hurt your ps3 any to do some late "spring cleaning"on the OS and hdd.

8. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

No no no no no, no need for all of that, its an ea server side issue, and it seems to be a random thing almost. Ill go weeks without getting this tuner update issue then all of a sudden it pops up and happens for like 2or3 days then it goes back to normal. Now when i get the tuner update issue, i just quit and restart the game, it never pops up twice for me

9. chance17

chance17 Walk On

It would definitely be better for him if it was, but when I have oddball problems that wont go away that fixes them.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I wish quitting the game fixed the issue but the problem was there at least 2-3 weeks before I posted it here. The first post in this thread I shared what I was told on operation sports. I was not given bad advice there. Unfortunately it just was a temporary fix.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Being technologically inept, I did try your suggestion and it didn't take too long maybe 5 minutes. I noticed after it finished the ps3 seemed faster. Even though it has been 24 hours I haven't noticed any issues yet, will hopefully know better before 14 comes out.

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The gameplay tuning error happened again last night. I shouldn't have to fix the problem every 5 days or so. It really makes the game unplayable.

The more this happens the more it feels like an EA problem. The ncaa football series is the only game I have issues with. All other games I own play fine.

13. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I have the same problem. It is the only game that ever freezes up or has issues. Hopefully you can resolve it or it is not an issue with the next release.