Archived Gameplay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Gameplay

I am addressing this now since I am starting to see and hear problems with people not mixing it up. I already addressed a few people on this but this is my final warning, please MIX IT UP! I dont want to see money plays (this includes defense) over and over again. Yes, we know there are a few glitches in the game don't abuse them by picking the same play over and over again.

Remember we our primary goal here is to have a fun sim community not to win. Winning is secondary here.

Thanks
    Jack

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah cause obviously some of us cant win anyways :)

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

What about the running game. It seems as though we have a pass happy league. Im concerned about the running game. Why is it that we dont have a rusher in the top 15. A team like VT should be leading rushing but his best rusher is 18. I try my best to carry the rock 20-25 times a game and hopefully I will crack 100 yds. If i have a running bacK with an acc less than 95 he wont crack 100 yads unless i rush 30x.

4. NDCOLTS1979

yeah running is pathetic its almost even pointless to try to run anymore

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol...i agree...i do it becuz we have to switch it up....running is a pain sometimes

6. NDCOLTS1979

I do it because well i can pass anyways. i quit trying in the wisconsin game ran 3 option runs and ran the clock the last 3 quarters. Then i would punt and enjoy them going down the field to run 3 more options and punt. I got lucky and brok off 1 big option run.

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

This message was more geared to the user games. For example- opponent runs a 4wr set and the defense remains in their base defense the whole game. Since the zone is so effective it actually shuts down 4wrs.

If you're going to be pass happy mix up the passing plays you dont have to be balanced. I have a big problem with money plays being used constantly. It is difficult to get over 120 yards a game with 1 running back. I will take a vote this coming offseason on what needs to be tweaked.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

my bad for derailing the convo...I have a question about defensive sets and switching it though. I dont know if this topic is geared toward me but i dont have time to explain just yet. I will later though. Im off to hand out my midterm tests.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

WOW! Isn't that a judgement call! Its usually the person that loses the game that makes a complaint. I haven't heard anyone who wins complain about mixing it up. Our course, if a user is doing something that works, they are going to do it more than the other plays that don't. So your telling me if someone comes out in three and four wides alot, I have to blitz him or play man just because? If my players don't matchup with theirs, is that fair to me to just give it up on purpose just because someone can't figure it out? I'm just saying.....

10. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Read and agree

11. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Actually noone made an official complaint about you.

Working a strategy vs doing the same money play over and over is different.

For example- On a running situation the defense doesnt come in a quarter package because the defensive backs would get smashed. But in last years edition this didn't matter because there was a glitch that allowed the DBs to go unblocked. If someone comes out in 4 WR it doesnt make sense to stay in a base defense because you LBs would be out of position. You can use zone but using the same thing over and over again because there's a glitch is unacceptable.

There's a difference between strategy and "cheese".

12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

If your strategy is to focus on running the ball...because the game is in a blizzard....than whats the problem? I would love for this game to have alot of different running plays but it dosent...I guess instead of counters and toss plays or power I plays I should run the dive play repeatedly for no gain until I punt....There are no run plays on here that are money plays...excpet maybe ace big speed option. And I use it maybe once or twice a game because of that reason. When is the appropriate time to put chew the clock on..hypatheticlly if your up 17 to 3 in the fourth quarter. Should you turn it on with 5 minutes left or just two? or are you supposed to know when the other user has given up and do it than? You guys are going to drive me insane with the stuff...who gives a flying **** its a game..didtn realize I would hurt someones feelings by running the clock down to late and calling to many exotic sweeps....

13. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Chew clock would be appropriate when you don't want to run up the score on someone. I would say when you're up 21 points. If I was up 17 to 3 with under 2 mins left I would turn it on then just to seal the win.

I dont have a problem with the counter and toss plays but if thats all you run when you choose a run play then that's unsim. When I watch Ohio St play I notice they do alot of dive/ in between the tackle plays. If you take off a few times with Pryor then that would be sim, which I prefer. Doing it 70% of your runs would be unsim.

I have to disagree about run play availability, there is alot of different run plays like stretch, off tackle, draw, reverse, dive, etc.

I agree it is just a game but there's a reason that I am on TF and not just joining a dynasty on EA and that's because I want a sim experience with a community of active members. On defense and offense please mix up to realistic playcalling. Win or lose it's not as fun playing someone who does the same "money plays" constantly. There are ways to stop these plays but then you would just be fighting cheese with cheese, just like playing some random guy online.

Am I clear or does this make no sense?

14. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

absolutely clear Jvig

15. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.