Gameplay

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Sep 25, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Alright guys, I think we all need to take an individual look at how we are playing the game. Shaun Mason and the TMFL have brought up some valid points in there recent thread titled "Rules Changes".

I also have noticed that there are a true LACK of penalties being called. I am going to try to tweak this some.

Any other suggestions or thoughts you guys have I would love to hear a discussion on what you've seen (without calling out names) or what you think. This is your open forum to let us know what you are thinking..

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I know I am relatively new to Madden, but this is what I see.

I agree on lack of penalties called, but a lot of the issue I have with gameplay is not who I play, it has to do with the arcade feel of how the game is played. What I mean is that isn't it for user vs user games the sliders go back to default settings. If the sliders, in user vs user games, go back to default settings where everything is 50 for everything, then in reality there is nothing that can really be done about it. Playing practice seems to be harder than user games, that's why I make this observation.

In my opinion, the ball hawk feature feels either broken, or works too well. This is not calling out any user. I don't know how to use it at all. I hardly see a user(in game) or cpu(in practice) use it to go for a deflection. This causes players who have no business intercepting a pass, example a DL with 28 catch rating, to be able to do so. Because of this and also if sliders go back to default, this makes interceptions much easier to occur.

This is probably me, but I think it is also too hard to run consistently in game as well. That could be because I see unintentional nano blitzing, caused by users making 2-3 shifts on defense as players are coming to line and as play is being snapped. I try not to make adjustments because when I do, and I have tried some adjustments in madden 13, I tend to over adjust, and/or unintentionally nano blitz as well. If my understanding on nano blitzing is right, I know I have caught myself doing so a few times unintentionally in 2-3 games.

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I would agree with penalties, but I do feel there are a good amount of holding calls.

In terms of game play, I would have to agree with BC on the shifting. It is very easy to shift the linebackers and d-line and get people free untouched. There really isnt a reason to be doing this imo, especially if you user a LB. I sometimes shift my d-line if someone lines up in a two TE set etc, but I never couple it with a LB shift.

Also, people are still using man press as a crutch too often IMO. You can use man coverage without pressing.

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

BobJr

Bob and I were discussing the fact that it will randomly press On Man plays. So it's not always a call. I personally never call press but I seen it happen on my team before

• Like Like x 1
  5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I still think slants are used to often. I'll run zones and get beat on slants

6. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Did you try adjusting your secondary to realign on those plays?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

No I just call the original play. No adjustment

8. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

it isn't random from what I've seen, certain Man 2 coverages are auto press, other man coverages like Robber, have the corners about 7 yards off

• Like Like x 1
  9. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    If it auto-presses, and you're not trying to press, push them back imo. Its easy to see when they're in press coverage.

10. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

Practice sometimes feels like im playing on ALL GOD lol.. But to fix getting unintentionally nano cause the defense is making adjustments, i never quick snap the ball.. I will wait til i see there done then hike so theres no problems

11. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I actually find practice easy and boring.. :-/

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

like bob and i discussed...you cant baclk them up to a normal length. it backs them up to far

• Like Like x 1
  13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Sliders do not go back to default. Let me repeat ...SLIDERS DO NOT GO BACK TO DEFAULT. The only reason practice is harder is because it's geared to be harder.

As for the nano blitzing, the shifting doesn't create a nano blitz. The shifting eliminates the outside running, nano blitzing is when you physically put a guy in the gap to trick the AI. when you shift you aren't "tricking" the AI, you are setting your defense up for the play.

For example, a guy runs a lot of draws (absurdly successful) so you decide im going to shift everyone on the dline to the middle. This will help (wont stop) draw up the gut.

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The Man press is becoming a bit of a crutch..but unfortunately we are going to have to deal with it.

What you can do to beat man press is throw quick routes, (slants, crosses, passes to the flat)...

Keep in mind it will say you are pressing even in cover 4, so don't use the announcers as a way to figure out if its press or not.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea about the only man play i run is nicker cover 2 or dime cover 1/2 ....I ve seen it press some and not other times. But ive also noticed that a man defense is almost better than blitzing ...atleast for my team..to stop the run

16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea Logic will tell you in Madden that a Man defense plays the run better because of the read and react feature.

IRL it is reversed, zone would be better for stopping the run because the defenders are looking at the ball....so weird..

• Like Like x 2
  17. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

zones are better at stopping the outside runs in Madden and real life, man is better at stopping the inside runs because the LB's are keyed on the backs. If you try to stop an outside run with man, most of the time your guys on the inside will get caught in the wash and your CB will get blocked by the WR easily.

this is why a good balance is key

• Like Like x 1
  18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    wanted to correct that for you.

19. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

haha, thank you for the correction

20. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Edit bob answered my question

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  21. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    ???

22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I was on my phone but never posted my question about sliders working in user games, when I got back i just posted it. Then scrolled up seeing you already answered my question

• Like Like x 1
  23. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I just happened to notice this thread. I'm sure you guys know this but snugs and bunch sets are great for beating press. Didn't see it mentioned so thought I would point it out. :)

24. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Has anyone else noticed in practice and game mode all blocking attributes are set to 0? Is this a bug?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  25. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have a question about gameplay and it involves RB's lining up at WR. This may be something that is kosher, but from a scheme standpoint it seems a bit unfair. Since we only know 2Rb', 2TE and a 1 WR, we may think its a 4-3 set, but if the Two RB's backs are Reggie Bush types that line up in the slot, there is an automatic problem that the defense faces.

Are RB's allowed to line up in the WR spots? I know we didn't allow that in college games, but is that something that is kosher here? I have not played anyone that has abused this, but I have seen it happen a few times and am just wondering if there is a rule on this tactic.

THanks