Games of the Week with Berman and Boomer (Week Four)

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by franzkafka, Dec 29, 2012.

1. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Games of the Week

with Chris Berman (aka The Swami) and Boomer Esiason

Record so far:
    Swami (2/4 - 50%)
    Boomer (3/4 – 75%)

Cowboys at Bears

Berman
    COWBOYS 35 BEARS 24
    I am going to go out on a limb this time and pick the Cowboys (1-2) over the Bears (1-2). Despite having no offensive touchdowns this season, the Cowboys new head coach Fish7718 knows how to inspire and lead a team to victory. He has a Super Bowl ring from last year to prove it. I look for the Cowboys offense to explode on the struggling Bears this week. The Bears clearly have had more offensive production, but have also given up 400+ more yards than the Young Dallas Defense led by Demarcus Ware. If the Bears have any chance of winning, the defense needs to step up and make some plays, and Jay Cutler needs to find Brandon Marshall for some big plays when the cowboys drop back in zone coverage. I stick with the Cowboys this week!!!!

Boomer
    BEARS 28 COWBOYS 10
    The Cowboys have looked terrible so far this season. While their defence is certainly not the worst in the league, their offence leaves much to be desired. They've yet to put up a TD in the regular season. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they might find the end zone this week. Score a TD? Maybe. Beat the Bears? No way. I think after last week's close loss to the Rams, the Bears are going to be in it to win it. I predict Matt Forte is going to have a big game and cut through the Cowboys defence like a hot knife through butter.

Bills at Pats

Berman
    PATRIOTS 41 BILLS 28
    This early AFC East showdown will be taking place in Gillette Stadium where the Patriots hardly ever lose. In addition to that, Tom Brady is averaging 4 TD passes a game (12 on the season) and has a FULL CAST of playmakers. In addition to the offense clicking on all cylinders, the Patriots defense has allowed only 97 rushing yards in 3 games, and allows an average of 176 yards a game through the air. With the newly appointed head coach iAdc0ck coming in, we will see how the team responds to him. If the Bills are to stand a chance at this, they need to get better on thier 39% 3RD Down conversions compared to the Patriots 68%. I choose the Pats, just because of tom Brady and his supporting cast. The Bills have a few playmakers, but nothing like the (3-0) Patriots.

Boomer
    PATRITOS 35 BILLS 10
    I'm with the Swami on this one. Tom Brady is having a ridiculous start to the season, and I don't think the Bills have the tools to slow him down, let alone stop him. Give the Pats home field advantage, and a hot Tom Brady and I don't know if any team in the league could stop them right now. Watch out Bills fans, this one could be painful to watch.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Love these!

3. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Thanks! Nice to hear that others are enjoying reading them as much as I'm enjoying writing them. :)

All the best!