games scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 9, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

btw, the game scores are climbing higher and higher as you guys get better.

reality:
    -we cant make both cpu and user defenses that much better.... you guys will cry about even more super LBS, dropped passes, and cpu interceptions
    -video game football always suffers from this: big plays and realistic play counts vs scores, etc

so...
    -we might be lessening time to 7min quarters soon. not yet... but probably soon.

2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I just finished my butt kicking that I recieved from LSU. And with the new sliders I noticed a few things different from before.

Field Goal kicking-- The cpu actually missed a FG!! I couldnt believe my eyes. And when I kicked field goals or extra points, just the slightest move left or right of the kicking line....the ball really sailed. +1 I like it.

Broken tackles-- OMG. I have never seen so many broken tackles in one game before. I don't know if it was my defense that is really lacking in tackling technique or LSU running backs are that good. Every run play that LSU ran against me, I'd say that there was a broken tackle or two in it. I need to see more games this year to see how realistic this is. -1 Not liking it so far.

Interceptions-- are the same as last year. Dodge threw I think 5 lol. +1 I like it.

3. vatechhokie01

here is what ALWAYS sucks in video game football:
    -the cpu pass defense (super jumping LBS, shadowing receivers, unbelievable deflections and interceptions)
    -the cpu run offense (terrible blocking, terrible decisions, terrible ability)
    -the game is way too offensive and easy

reality:
    -there is no way, in the current systems, to make the cpu pass defense or cpu run offense better, the game less offensive and challenging without also making the gameplay "less" realistic
    -for the cpu pass defense to stop us from throwing for 500yds and 7TDs every game (which mormon just did vs Texas btw), you have to accept jumping LBS, way too many pass deflections, and more interceptions
    -for the cpu to have any ability to run on us, you have to accept maddening broken tackles

its just what it is. in the end, and sadly, to achieve Sim stats, the most important factor is total game and year stats... not play-by-play mechanics.

plague, your game is the perfect example: reality? LSU can and would easily beat North Texas by this much.
    ***Not only that, but LSUs leading rush ran for 120yds on 20 carries and LSUs whole team only had like 150yds rushing. This is actually horribly UNSIM in that they would destroy your rush defense. 120yds on 20 carries sounds pretty right no to me...maybe not good enough.

thoughts?

4. vatechhokie01

and yes, the North Texas defense, when playing LSU... absolutely sucks at tackling technique.

5. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I agree with everything you just said. I understand that the cpu running is really bad. Just look at our run defense totals last season. Pretty unrealistic if 8 of our schools were like in the top 20 in resh defense.

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I am all for 7 minute quarters.

7. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Although it was fun watching my 160lb CB come up and bounce off LSU's running backs.

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

In testing the sliders saw most of the comments on RB + , tackling....FGs less automatic...game seems sharper with the adjusted threshold speed....given my bad passing hard to tell what changes in sliders will make any difference.....my game scores are usually low as I play conversative, win or lose....

I like 7 min. qtr......

Alabama first game...thanks commish, its not my fault you became an OC!

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Yeah I have to chalk it up to LSU vs NT....lets play some conf games and see where we are

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'm 100 % for 7 minute quarters.

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

7 min quarters is ok with me