Games With a Cool Story

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Blaza, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Games With a Cool Story

TF, what are some games that you guys have enjoyed mostly for the actual story?

My collection consists of 99.5% sports games but I'm looking to have a go at a game with a nice storyline, character development, etc. Any suggestions??

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Drake's Uncharted Fortune and Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves.. Only a PS3 game series, but pretty awesome story lines and cut movie scenes.

Don't know if any of you remember the commercial's about this game, where the guy claims that his girlfriend is so stupid because she thinks she is watching a movie.. But it really isn't to far off

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm not sure if you mean Xbox or PS3, but for the Xbox the stories in the Mass Effect games are really good, as is the story in Batman Arkham Asylum. Dragon Age Origins is also really good, but obviously Mass Effect/Dragon Age are RPG's, so if you're not into that then you won't like them.

4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I second the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games, fantastic stories and character development, RPG and very long if you do most or all of the side stuff.

5. Blaza

Thanks guys. Not opposed to playing RPGs at all. I actually do own ME1 with the intention of playing it as a prerequisite for ME2, but I haven't gotten around to it. GTA4 is actually another game I own but embarassingly never even made it to Manhattan :(. I was thinking about giving that another shot...the downloadable episodes look pretty cool.

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Purely for the story and character interaction, Deadly Premonition is one of the most zany and incredible experiences I've ever had. The graphics look like a PS2 game and the controls are shitty for combat, but, if you can power through that, it's one of the best experiences you'll ever have.

7. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I second Batman Arkham Asylum. Also, I really enjoyed Fallout 3. It provides a nice balance of shooter/RPG. Also, it's fairly wide open as to what and how you accomplish the objectives.

8. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life World's Youngest Geezer

Like previously stated, Mass Effect 1 & 2 are awesome games. Not only do they have great storylines, the controls and game mechanics are solid (especially in number two).

Also, MorsDraconis' recommendation of Deadly Premonition is good. I watched the entire endurance run of that game on GiantBomb and the story was engrossing and hilarious.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Leisure Suit Larry...

10. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Fallout 3 is the shit. Red Dead Redemption is a good one too.

11. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I just finished Alan Wake on xbox 360 and it had a good story all tho a short game so its probably more worth a rental. I have to really agree with the Uncharted series on ps3 and Mass Effect series on xbox 360.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I agree with Batman Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age Orgins and Fallout 3. I'll also throw Bioshock out there. I only played the first one so I can't comment on the sequel.

13. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Alan Wake was amazing!

14. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

bioshock 2 was pretty legit... also singularity is a good one, many twists and turns in the plot line.

15. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

The Godfather 1 and 2 have excellent storyline and plot. I enjoy a game that is that good or as close to the movie.

16. harmon

harmon Walk On

Red Dead Redemption is the game I have to suggest. No other game has had me completely immersed in the storyline, it just does so many things right, that you can just fall into the story and setting and never get out.

17. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

I am in love with Fallout 3 I think I actually became addicted. I loved just walking around everywhere and finding all the locations. It was a blast to me! Man I wont be getting back to that for a while

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Read Dead, Uncharted 1 and 2 are fantastic, Heavy Rain, Dead Space, God of War 3.

That's off the top of my head. I heard Dragon Age is good....game fly is sending it. Not sure I have the patience.

19. Blaza

Thanks boys. I have Alan Wake and Red Dead through Gamefly right now. I'm a few hours into both.

It's gonna be tough with NCAA out now, but Read Dead will definitely get finished. Game is sweet.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Alan Wake I heard is long............good luck. Read Dead is awesome...just make sure you plow through Mexico....the vendejos string you along too long.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Mass Effect 1 is a great story dude.

22. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Alan Wake on 360 and Heavy Rain on PS3 are both great. I would say both are rentals, though. Both are right around 10 hours and have no multiplayer/co-op.

23. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Metro 2033, looks alot better on PC though but still a great game