Gamestop breaks news for EA Sports NCAA 14 - NCAA Ultimate Team

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/ncaa-football-14/107524#bonusFeatures

"More details:
    Pre-order NCAA® Football 14 and receive the exclusive NCAA® Football Ultimate Team SEC Conference Pack including key SEC players and bonus game extension to get your star player off the bench and back on the field!"

2. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    hmmmm, no one has any thoughts?

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Seems like a waste when there are other things that need a lot more attention. Just seems like a last ditch effort to get a couple more copies sold.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Walk On

It will be interesting to me exactly how EA can pull this off. I mean, they can't sell current SEC player cards because that would be a violation of NCAA rules. Maybe SEC Legends? If so, I will by a George Rogers in a heartbeat. South Carolina wasn't a members of the SEC back when George played but I hope he's included if they decide to go that route.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah all good points.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What is Ultimate Team? All I've been able to gather from googling is that it's some sort of card game. Could someone give me more details?

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Think card game but you can play with the cards you collect. So, you build a "deck" and play H2H games with them to earn more points.

9. iPhoenix

iPhoenix Walk On

From PastaPadre, the rest of the pre-order offers:

•Amazon: Pac-12 Conference Pack
    •Best Buy: Big Ten Conference Pack
    •Gamestop: SEC Conference Pack
    •Origin: Big East Conference Pack
    •Target: ACC Conference Pack
    •Walmart: Big 12 Conference Pack

10. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I'm very interested to see how they do this without using player names - without the names I think this game won't be nearly as popular as FIFA UT where its all about the players - i guess kids might get excited about opening a pack and getting RB #34 Alabama and TE #80 USC :cautious:

anyway very interested to see how they pull it off - and would be very excited if some of the revenue generated was pumped back into development (y)

11. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

It has to be legends, so they would just be paying a small royalty or flat fee to the legends they are using. And since we know they already have Ultimate Team all-stars like Barry Sanders, Herschel Walker, Marcus Allen, Tim Tebow, and more from this past Heisman mode, I am sure we will see all those guys again.

12. iPhoenix

iPhoenix Walk On

I'm thinking the Ultimate Team will use the same base rosters as online (or be connected to them). Which means if you have a named roster, your Ultimate Team will have named players.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were "Legends packs", as it would definitely also generate revenue. More than likely we'd see the same Heisman winners again (wish Reggie Bush could be added... :()

The only thing I'm concerned about is the "motive" so-to-speak about adding Ultimate Team. Is it just a last ditch money grab because they're uncertain of NCAA's future or are they trying to add a fun option while generating more money (which could add to development and other areas in the future).

13. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

just another gimmick that will probably fail, or see little return on. It falls along the same thought process as the lame ability last year to take a Heisman winner and put him at a different school...

resources like this should be put into TeamBuilder, a feature that's great but hasn't been updated in 4 years.

14. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Not arguing with you there, Teambuilder kind of fulfills this function, and they haven't updated that (to my knowledge) in the past 3 years. Would love to see that be upgraded.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It will end up huge, just like UT on every other EA SPORTS game. I'm not a fan, but people eat it up.

• Like Like x 1