Gametime Scheduling Problems.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, May 25, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Gametime Scheduling Problems.

Some owners are getting lazy and complacent when it comes to scheduling their games.
    Posts like, "When can you play?" just will not cut it. This is the main reason why advance has been going the full 5 days. Not posting for 4 days in your game time thread when your game is still not scheduled is unacceptable.

I can send out PMs if need be but I wanted to bring this through proper channels first.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

i agree it is unacceptable, but unfortunately it is the nature of the beast. Many owners are having difficulties linking up to come to a common time frame. I am not sure if this is laziness or guys truly being busy. We should encourage people contacting eachother via AIM or PM. Once a time is arranged then it should be posted in the scheduling thread. This will also make it easier for Claven/Mustang to sort through all the posts in a game scheduling.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

The reason they are having trouble linking up Frisk, is due to improper scheduling verbage or just simply lack of making it a priority.

Instead of simply posting, "When can you play?", scheduling posts should be something to this effect:

and so forth...

his opponent comes back and replies:

instead of:

Its a good thing owners are communicating via AIM or PMs but they still need to post in their gametime threads the status of getting their game scheduled and/or the time it is scheduled to be played. This will also help when an owner is a no show to a scheduled game, so his opponent can get a chance to play sub before straight sim.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yah the initial post needs to have times you are available to play over the 5 days like Jeremy said. I agree.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

It also should be more strictly enforced that owners post times/dates before the 'last day' to schedule a game is up. Some of these owners know its a 5 day advance and don't bother until later in the 5 day sched. Laziness or because they dont want to play first and wait a week to play? I dont know but I think we can get this moving quicker, starting with scheduling.

Too many owners are waiting till day 3 or even 4 of the advance some weeks to post a game thread. This goes both ways as one owner must post a thread and it seems like sometimes owners just wait on their opponent to post the thread.

I can start keep count of this. Like Claven used to count against owners who did not post game summaries. Day 3 of the 5 day schedule is the last day to schedule games. Those who say, "what time is good for you" to start a topic off or those who don't post a game time thread until day 3 or 4 or don't atleast make a true attempt to get something organized will be penalized.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Mustang and I talked and Mustang is going to streamline this and make it much easier for us to track and get a handle on guys who are screwing up