Garrison Draft Database (GDD)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Garrison Draft Database (GDD)

Okay, been working on this all day with the help of about 25 offline franchise resets....Here is the total package database for next year's draft class. It is broken down by position as was last year's draft, with a few added wrinkles: potentials for all players AND the extensive list of all players sorted by overall value. That part was a pain in the neck, but it's done. Here is the link.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtD6gsxHAhBjdHoxUVp4dXZMc3E1SzBEZi1pcHhSU0E&hl=en

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great Job Win.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

welcome to New York, Mr Dion Grimes

4. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

You rock Win

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I know a guy that has Grimes in another league. Says that he may be the best receiver he has ever had in Madden. Dude is sick with that size and speed.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Won't matter who I draft. I'll still be 3rd or 4th in the NFC South when all is said and done. :)

7. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

Yea great job win

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Wow awesome job...

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Keep in mind that I didn't rank the people who are the same overall. So if you see a bunch of guys with 84 overall, they aren't necessarily better than another 84 on that list. It's just how I copied and pasted them there. So no bias between positions.

Hopefully since the Google doc can be updated real time while you guys look on, we'll use it for draft day. Should help a lot with figuring out who is drafted or not.

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I was under the impression that the first online class was always english, but the second was completely random, did i miss something here, how do you know it will be the garrison draft?

11. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

had to dig for it, bump

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Someone with admin access, if we could sticky this until after the draft that would be super. Also, if it turns out the Garrison draft ISN'T the one for season 2, once I find this out I can do another spreadsheet for the correct draft. Would just take me about a day or two to get the draft class up and get their stats.

13. Emmdotfrisk

Garrison is next, no doubt about that. After that its the Tristan Riley draft but idk if we get there.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, at the very least I suppose I could at least prepare that database just in case.

15. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

SO is there a way that when someone gets drafted we cross them off the list

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

With the Googles Doc app I set up, yes. As players come off the board, anyone with administrative access can edit it in real time while people are watching the file. So in reality we should be able to delete players off the overall list (which is why I made it in the first place) so that way at a glance anyone can know who the best available player is. That way if they see a guy with a good overall at a position they need/want, they can quickly tab to that position board and get his entire stat file.

17. Emmdotfrisk

I think rather than deleting the players for the list you can color the cells according to what team drafts them.

18. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

thats almost too much work, at least shade them one color so at least we can see who has been drafted

19. Emmdotfrisk

Its actually not hard to do at all. If guys think its an issue I can do it, I'm a whiz with google docs.

20. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

may be off topic but i want to give kudos to everybody who put together and helped in the first seasons draft , i had a great time in the first draft, no problems and i think it was ran very smoothly, maybe it took a long time but its a very important time in the off season and should not be rushed, very happy with my time spent preparing for the draft and while in the draft, i made my own draft board with old fashioned paper and pen it took longer than i thought but it was well worth it, cant remember who but i kno somebody who is smarter than me printed out the spreadsheet and just highlighted them as they were picked. thats probably the way i do it this year, with all that said........
    in the "English" Draft, Even though my first pick was 1st round #26 i Had the BEST And Most Productive Draft Class, Who thinks they had a better draft class than the Eagles?

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bumping to avoid a loss. Admins, can we sticky this until after the draft?