GaTech cruises over UNC

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GaTech cruises over UNC

GaTech- 56, North Carolina- 21

GT set the tone in this game by opening up a 21-0 lead by the end of the 1st quarter. Tyler Melton, #2 WR, has been fired up that he's been given more touches of the football as he's the #1 KR/PR and he responded well, returning a kick on the 1st play of the game 99 yards for a score. Shaw then found him on a 12 yard slant for a score to put GT up 14-0. Collier would end the scoring of the 1st with a 9 yard TD pass.

GT didn't explode with a ton of offense but it was a very efficient offense mixed in with a defense that was out for blood. With Paulus back there, the defense pinned their ears back and played like a new-era Rex Ryan defense. While the GT Rambling Wreck didn't register any sacks, their secondary responded well to the pressure. Taylor, Tarrant and JAckson all had interceptions on the game.

The other story was Jaybo Shaw, who had his best game yet, completing all of but one pass on the game (15/16, 175yds, 3TD's, rush TD). "Hey if we can play this way the rest of the way, I don't see how we can be beaten," said Coach Moreecemos.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

The new North Carolina coach got a nice welcome to the ACC. 15-16 Shaw was on his game in this one.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol, i don't think guys know how good the players are in this league until they get here....

[​IMG]

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    he got good pressure on me in this game too...Shaw got his ass into gear finally.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :) I <3 T1

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I will wait until I'm in my grave lol

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hahaha, Oh just stop with the circle jerk boys!! :p. Yes, Coach Blaza was smoked at home in this one. The first kick of the day was returned for a score and it didn't get much better after that. My welcome to the league was bitter at best!

I think I let the legend of Cooper Taylor spook me too early in the game. I tried to play away from him, stunting my playcalling considerably. My running game was on for the most part, but I moved away from it waaay too early after going in the hole. My passing game was atrocious. Paulus tossed for two scores, but of his 208 yards, 68 came on a single throw and he had 4 interceptions. I actually loved his arm when taking a peek at his ratings, but apparently I didn't play up to his ability. Paulus is a Senior in his first year at the helm, hopefully we can get him calmed down and throwing it a little better.

And Mo's offense is TOUGH to defend. I got burned early with some big runs and got gun shy allowing his QBs to have a field day. His misdirection out of the flex hurt me me. He really kept me on my heels at all times, I couldn't guess what was coming.

Despite the spanking, I think the Heels have some pieces to get better. Hopefully we can hit the recruiting trail hard (no homo) and bring in some more ballplayers. The Heels will be back!

GG Mo!