GaTech survives scare @ home vs. VTech

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GaTech survives scare @ home vs. VTech

If Georgia Tech knows anything about the current VaTech squad is that JuJu Clayton is one annoying QB. "Man he just runs around back there like a mini Vick and he's tough to get down because he knows when to boogie when the pressure is near him," said DE Emmanuel Dieke. Dieke and the GaTech Rambling Wreck (which GT has adopted for this season) were ready to blitz VaTech heavy in this game. JuJu had other plans though.

JuJu has his best friend named Logan Thomas, a 6'6", 235lb behemoth of a man @ TE and he was his favorite target on the game, hitting him 8 times for 104 yards and a TD. And when they covered Thomas, JuJu went deep to Jarrett Boykin (155 yards and 2TD's). JuJu ended up throwing for 426 yards and 4TD's. The GaTech had to cause some wreck somehow and they did so. To combat those 426 yards and 4TD's, they picked off JuJu 4 times as well.

Cooper Taylor had the most spectacular play of the game, picking off JuJu with his right hand in the air scooping up the pass in typical Taylor fashion. Nicknamed the "white Ed Reed", Taylor certainly lived up to it once again today. His understudy and quickly emerging defensive player is Jemea Thomas. Thomas once again picked off a pass and returned it for a score in the game. Overall the Rambling Wreck had a tough time containing JuJu early on and sacking him as the blitz would come late and he'd just run away from the defenders. They went exclusively to a DE contain defense and saw better results. Dieke had 2 sacks on the game and SR-ROLB Kyle Jackson had a team high 12 tackles with a sack as well.

The offense was shifty and tricky on the game. Shaw continues to be erratic but he held it together going for 11/21, 217 yards, 2TD's and 1INT. He also ran for 50 yards and a score as well. Wright was solid on the ground rushing for 102 yards but was held out of the endzone for the game. Overall the offense had just enough to eek out a win against rival Virginia Tech.

One could overhear Coach JMS saying to his kids, "WE WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE...AND WE LETTEM OFF THE HOOK!!!!."

GATECH- 45
    VATECH- 35

P.O.G.- QB Jaybo Shaw- 11/21, 217yds, 2TD's, INT, 16car, 50yds, TD

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We did let you muther fuckers off the hook...terrible short pass for a int....the defense was behind him then in front when i threw it....he was my check down guy....doh.

Fun stuff mo........we look forward to next year again.....that guy wont drop that easy INT!!! THose fumbles will roll my way one day!!

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

good game that I witnessed

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Outstanding second half to watch live on justin.tv.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I love that you guys can watch the games....adds so much to the league! jfosh's idea back last year!

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have the tape and want to do here at work but work is kicking my ass....dont know if i will be able to do it today....grrr....it only takes like 20 mins to edit.