GaTech takes down rival Georgia

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GaTech takes down rival Georgia

There was revenge to be had in this game and Georgia Tech responded by taking down their rivals in Georgia's house 38-31.

Georgia's QB James Scales in this game was again his effective and usual self, passing for 375 yards and 4 scores on the game. Yet it was two costly fumbles by seldom used guys from Georgia that ended up being the difference.

All week, Coach Moreecemos set the motto, "beat these guys up...they have become a pansy group of speedsters...we have the brute strength...we have the power so I want you to destroy them on the field."

They practice all week, destroying their opponent and it carried over into the game. Two times, GaTech forced fumbles with hard hits. Seldom used SR-RB Carlton Thomas was laid out by big DE Brennan Edwards and Jemea Thomas came in and scooped up ball. GaTech would score a key 7 points, in which Georgia was essentially chasing all night.

Again later in the game, SO-FB got laid out and fumbled the ball only for LB Adam King to come in and pick up the loose ball. "We know Coach Helli likes to protect his QB into not making mistakes but we know those other guys have had ball protection issues this year...we made sure they paid for that," said GT's coach.

Heisman candidate had a quiet game and came out and played a decoy for most of the game. "I'm sure they thought I was going to get a bulk of the carries but the gameplan was great and they found ways to get me into the endzone and have this offense flow throughout the game," said RB Orwin Smith.

GT put the game into their JR-QB Jordan Luallen's hands. Luallen responded with 22 completions on 29 attempts, 330 yards passing, 4TD's and 54 yards rushing. Every WR seemingly had a say in how this game was won by GT whether it was from star WR Thearon Collier or SR-TE Nic DiLillo to backups RB Josh Garrett and JR-TE Thomas Snyder.

Coach mo has been waiting for this game since last year when they last lost to the same Georgia team. "You don't know how much that game did to my psyche...I've essentially lived in the film room since that game," said Coach Mo. "From that game to this year they've been in on all our recruits, I know where it all matters in the end and I had to prove it to my team, to our town and school."

GT's final regular season test takes them to Auburn, where Coach Mo will face his rival Coach Ramirez and his Auburn Tigers. Both teams are in prime positions to not only win their conference but get into the national title game. A loss here and a national title berth may disappear for the loser.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Pretty crappy game, horrible luck for us.

Let's sum up the things that went your way. In addition to the pick you DID throw, you had at least 2, maybe 3 additional horrible reads that our guys just dropped. Your guys made at least four catches when guys were getting pulverized. We made none. They hung on every time, our guys couldn't. 2-3 of these passes were into double coverage and we couldn't make you pay for THAT either.

We nailed your guys plenty of times, too. Luallen all alone in the middle of the field several times, and we couldn't make you pay.

Got a couple of fumbles from guys with (regarldess of the seldom used shit) have solid carry ratings and got nailed in positions they normally wouldn't drop it.

To top it all off, I meant to call a zone blitz and instead called the all-out blitz and I didn't catch the mistake pre play... easy touchdown.

you and i both know, if you play your best game there's simply nothing i can do to stop you. I thought your game plan was whack, I thought you played far below what you're capable of, yet the hit stick carried the day. Congrats, hope you get to the title game to represent the state.

If there was anything I was happy about, it's that we were productive passing the football even when you knew we were going to. That might be a first.... Probably the last too, but whatever.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's how we have been playing. Teams can pass on my young secondary.

I knew your gameplan. I knew I had to get at least one turnover to win and I did. I know I didn't play my best but considering you were playing from 10 to 14 points behind for most of the game, I'll take that. Plus i knew luallen and my guys were unstoppable passing wise essentially. I'll take it :)

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

"pansy group of speedsteers"

"game plan was whack"

You guys crack me up. Says alot that every year you guys schedule this game knowing it will be tough for both teams.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    he's a rival...we've reached that level where the respect will always be there but we gotta take subtle stabs at each other :)...good ole fashioned hate.

Like I said my gameplan got me 38 points :) holla!

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I just plain old hate ga tech. Screw u and your team

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    who u hate more? Oregon or GaTech?