GaTech's mental error almost proves costly

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GaTech's mental error almost proves costly

With a 28-7 lead on a high powered FSU offense, GT decided to take the points. Groza winner Shaun smith lined up and hit a chip shot FG....except there was a flag on the play. "Roughing the kicker," said the ref...that's a 1st down if you accept it. For some reasons unknown to man, GT coach moreecemos DECLINED the penalty. Explained in post game presser, "I thought roughing the kicker was assesed on the kickoff...I must have been thinking on XP attempts," said coach moreecemos.

That HUGE blunder led to a huge charge. Down 31-7 with 1:45 to go, FSU would quickly make it 31-14 to go into halftime so things were looking up for them. FSU would start the 3rd quarter with two huge fumbles, one by Orwin Smith and another by QB Jordan Luallen. Those two fumbles resulted in 14 more unanswered points and all of a sudden, Bobby Dowd stadium was in complete silence as their team was now only up by 3. "This is what we do...we can score on anyone!" screamed SR-QB Jordan Luallen.

After those two blunders, the offense tightened their games back up. Orwin Smith would score his 4th TD on the game to give GT a 10 point lead but was quickly answered by a Johnson 4 yard run to put it back to 3. GT would deal FSU some big blows, finally forcing Will Secord into making mistakes as he threw 2 4th quarter INT's which led to 2 GT TD's via Luallen to Shaun Brown and Stephen Hill to put this game out of reach.

"Luckily that blunder didn't cost us the game, but I have to know the rules better...no explaination for that mistake," said Coach Moreecemos.

GT- 52, FSU- 42

QUICK HITS- SR-QB Jordan Luallen is playing amazing QB. He threw for 438 yards and 3TD's without throwing an INT. ORwin Smith was a huge factor in the passing game with 132 yards receiving. Shaun Brown, GT's #2 WR, had a great day, hauling in 7 passes for 124 yards and 2TD's. FSU's heisman candidate Rodney Smith was kept in check by rising star at CB, Jermaine Bell. Bell held Smith to 75 yards on 4 catches and jumped a route for a pick in the 4th quarter. Bell rises to the challenge going up against taller and bigger WR's. GT's run defense gave up for more rushing TD's...that's 10 in 2 user games.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You seemingly never pay for any of your mistakes.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    blah...you forgot I lost two in a row due to huge mistakes lol...