Gators Press Conference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Milbut, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Gators Press Conference

[​IMG]

Jeremy Foley - Since I became athletic director at this great University, we have never been through a more turbulent time then we are in right now. With the sudden retirement of Urban Meyer, the second time, Coach Maize leading the team all through Summer and up to the start of the season, only to lose him to a prostitution scandal, times have been rough.

I take full responsibility for that mistake and I feel badly about the shame I helped bring to this great University. Today we begin the process of righting that wrong. We have made the decision to bring in a Gator alum, one of our own, straight from Gator Nation, to lead this team into the future.

I present to you the new head football coach of the University of Florida, Coach Milbut.

Coach Milbut - I'd like to thank you all for coming today, and I would like to thank Jeremy here for this great opportunity. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reporter #1 - Coach Milbut, how do you expect your team is going to respond to all the controversy that has surrounded the Head Coaching job?

Coach Milbut - They won't. It's really that simple. They have one job and that is to do everything it takes to go out on that field every Saturday with the strength of Gator Nation behind them and help this team win football games.

Reporter #2 - Coach, what are your realistic expectations for this football team this season?

Coach Milbut - I expect our team to leave everything out on the field, every game we play, from now until the end of my time here at Florida. I'm not going to sit here and try to guess at wins and losses, that's your job. My job is to get my 70 guys as best prepared as I can so they can go out and play to their potential. It's a two way street, I have to do my half, the players have to do theirs. I can promise you that I will do my half and I can also promise you any player unwilling to do their half will not be a Gator for very long.

Thank you all.

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Welcome to the crowd coach. Glad to have you here. Great content so far.

Mike

3. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Thanks Mike, I've not been at TF too terribly long, but I've already learned that content is just as important as stick skills.

- Rob

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

You have a new coach (ckamm1) coming into Tennessee to replace the departed Lane Kiffin. Any thoughts on your matchup with them this upcoming week?

Mike

5. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Mike - Coach Milbut, how do you feel about the upcoming rivalry game against Tennessee?

Coach Milbut is standing in front of a wall with the following image behind it:
    [​IMG]

Coach Milbut - Florida vs Tennessee is one of my two favorite rivalry games every year. Ironically we have 4 on our schedule with South Carolina coming in as a close 5th. Lane Kiffin really added the fuel back to the fire and I'm sad to see him go as I would have liked to have shut his teams down a few more times. I will say one thing though, Monty Kiffin's defense really gave us a run for our money last year, and I'm glad we won't be seeing any more of his schemes. I wish the new Tennessee coach luck, but hope he realizes that at the University of Florida we do our talking on the field, just ask Georgia.

6. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Excited to have a school at Tennessee Mike, get me one for LSU and things could really get nasty in the SEC. I'm excited we have an Alabama, I just know that if the scheduling works like it is supposed to they will fall off our schedule next year. I guess that's what the game in Atlanta is for.

Almost forgot, get a third rivalry game at the end of every season via a FSU coach who looks tough. Things are going to be fun in the South this year.

7. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

USF Game is in, I will not have time to do the writeup until tomorrow or late tonight, but the game is at least done at the moment.