Gators Snag 4th BCS Trophy

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 27, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#2 TCU 14
    #1 UF 34

The Gators win their first Rose Bowl in school history (I think). The defense would put the stamp on this win holding the horned frog offense scoreless for the entire game. If it wasn't for two cheap fumble scoop and scores the horned frogs would of layed an egg. One of the scoop and scores, the LB was literally laying on the ground when he recovered the fumble, got up, then ran for a TD. Guess he was in a ashtanga pose and his knees weren't on the ground, just hovering.

Anyways. the game opened with all american CB Pat Louis snagging an INT to shutdown TCU's only promising drive. Pearson would put the first Gator points up with a 19 yard option keeper. Williams would add a 13 yard TD in the 2nd quarter and Jones hit a 60 yarder to take the lead 17-0 into half.

The second half is when the offense's fingers got a little slippery as HB Gallagher and QB Pearson both coughed up the ball giving TCU two defensive TDs. Pearson would make up for it though with a 42 yard TD on another option keeper. The Gators would add a couple more scores late to seal the deal and end with another crystal ball.

Gameball - CB Pat Louis 7 tkls, tfl, INT

Notables:
    TCU
    QB Brown 116.2, 14/20 134 yds INT
    HB Williams 15 att 66 yds 6 rec 11 yds
    WR Hardy 2 rec 65 yds

UF
    QB Perason 164.0, 21/31, 340 yds TD, INT, 11 car 56 yds 2 TDs
    HB Gallagher 11 car 32 yds
    HB Williams 8 car 15 yds TD, 3 rec 50 yds TD
    WR F. Stewart 5 rec 92 yds

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Congrats Sherm...now move out to the west coast so we can play against each other again :)

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

You didn't win the Rose Bowl (JC did). You won the BCS championship played @ the Rose Bowl.

EDIT:
    On a side note, the stats from JC's game made me a very sad panda. I sure hope that in '12, a QB with as much speed as Oregon's (although his ACC was fairly low) using a playbook like Oregon's can rush for more yards against a user than what happened in that game.

4. GoGators

Agreed. That dude looked pretty sick, 91 spd right?

The only time I've really seen the CPU QB scrambling kick in was in the Deuce against VaTech. They had a freshman scrambling QB with low awareness and he would pull the ball down very often and run. It was fun.....but a pain too. They're suppose to tune this more for `12.

I hope they have upgraded Oregon's playbook to include the BCS plays they were running. Those schemes were amazing and will be a huge part of what they use this year.

As for the rose bowl, yes it wasn't technically the rose bowl but it was in Pasadena and the Rose Bowl logo was still on the field so it is what it is haha.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And gators rides off into the sunset. See ya in the rose bowl.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Can't wait for '12....bet all we hear about is the Quack Attack lol

Interesting note though..my QB finished ahead of yours in the Heisman running @GoGators...not sure how that happened. For that matter I wasn't aware mine was even there.

7. GoGators

I seen that too. You had the best user offense in the country by total yards. Not sure what happened in our game though where they didn't get on the score board :)

My QB Pearson had a solid year but he didn't find the end zone enough. He only had 30 some total TDs. This was the first year I had an extremely strong rushing attack. That's supported by being the #1 user rushing offense and HB's Gallagher and Williams finished 2 and 3 respectively in the best running back award. Both put up 800+ yards and had 10+ TDs.

As for `12, I don't think you'll be hearing at all about the quack attack. Well at least not right away from me. Right now I'm leaning towards taking a different team so I'll have a project to build up.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

If you are not taking them would you mind if I did. It might settle the whole Lsu battle and jello could take Bama as mccaron or how ever you spell his name is a running qb

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That'd never happen as I despise Alabama because Nick Saban is a royal douche bag.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Freaking gators...

11. GoGators

@MaslerBoros16

Hey at lunch today I realized something that should pick your head up matt. You realize you ate the only guy left in this dynasty that beat me this year. You can hang your hat on that :). It's pretty impressive since I have only lost 4 games through 8 seasons. One of those was to the CPU too.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

Gators winning this much? awful!

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Way back in Season 2? I had quite the team back then, so yea that is a good accomplishment

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Oh and the fact that I won my division 4 or 5 times....just couldn't win the whole thing other than the 2011 year.