Gauging League Interest - please READ and REPLY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We are thinking.....THINKING......about possibly trying out some kind of waiver system during the regular season.

The idea is this:
    • After the trade deadline, the waiver system takes over.
    • Any team cutting a player must pass him through waivers first.
    • Waivers take 48 hours to process.
    • Waivers are sent either to a PM or email address (will finalize if league shows interest).
    • Waivers are processed in order of win-loss record in reverse order (meaning worst team is first, best team is last). Tiebreakers will be determined if league interest is shown.
    • A team putting a waiver claim on a player takes over the base salary/bonus/modifier level that the previous owning team had on the player.
    • If a team claims a player, the team cutting the player pays NO cap hit, as the new team takes over the contract.
    • If no team claims a player within 48 hours, that player is released to the FA pool and cap hits are as normal for the team cutting.
    This gives you a very rough sketch of what I am thinking. The question is very simple: would you want this?

It adds a level of complication to an already complicated ruleset involving the cap book. If you guys would like it, let me know HERE. If enough people post a liking to it, the board will try to get a working setup for season 2.

If few people post (even if they all like it), or if an overwhelming majority of you do not like this idea, it will not be implemented. Simple as that.

So make your voice heard folks.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

so we r doing something like the real NFL league i dont think u should give 48 hours maybe 24 hours but i do like it.

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Love the idea. Problem with 24 hours is, while we want people checking the forum every day, I think it's too short of a time frame. People do have lives outside of here and giving that extra day will allow for more competition in waiver claims. I think 48 hours is a good compromise on that.

Also, we may want to consider players getting released during a week are ineligible to play in that week's games. Something to kick around...

4. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

I love the idea Win, and i think 24 hours would be enough time, it only takes 5 minutes a day to check the forums, which everyone should do anyway.

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

i like it, 24 hrs better too

6. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

YES!! we sould definitly do this.

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Simplicity is best and we are going in the opposite direction. I'd be on board with this change but if I were a new owner here now, I'd probably be overwhelmed by all these rules.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This is the kind of feedback I am looking for. While I appreciate all the excitement about it so far, I do want people playing devil's advocate.

9. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

'm down with whatever but I vote no if it comes to it.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

I would be in favor of this only if we can make it as simple as possible. I mean like a short paragraph for this rule. If it ends up being this long page of rules for waiver wire then I say no.

11. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Who pays attention to who is released week in and week out? I know I don't...

I don't look at the FAs unless I have a injury.

12. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Like it but I would try and make it as simple as possible. (for me to understand and for those who have to monitor these transactions).

Im actually not an idiot. I understand this........ I think...