GBN Open House

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by yragha1, Jun 19, 2010.

1. yragha1

yragha1 Walk On

Apr 18, 2010
    GBN Open House

Corey, hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries as that's the last thing I want to do but with a moment to spare I thought with the influx of ballers most of us are not familiar with it would be a great time to introduce ourselves and get to know a bit about each other.

So, with that said - I'll start.

Name: Gary
    Handle: Yragha (that's gary spelled backwards btw) but most people dating back to NCAA 2004 just call me Rags for short.
    Hometown: Houston
    Occupation: Railroad switchman, meaning I move stupid railcars back and forth into different tracks in order to line them up for various railroads in the US. It pays good, but 99% of the time I hate my job especially dealing with the Texas heat. Railroading is the only thing I've known since '98.
    Favorite food: Mexican with a margarita or three!!!
    Favorite drink: Um, did I mention margaritas?
    Hobbies: I love using exclamation marks and smiley's in forum post as much as possible, yeppers! No seriously, I'm an avid University of Houston football and basketball fan. I've had football season tickets for the past five years and just put my deposit down for basketball ones now that Tom Penders is gone. THANK GOODNESS!
    Video game experience: Not much, just play NCAA dating back to the first year it started online in '04. That's where I met up with some of the greatest online buds you could ask for. Guys like Roady, BDizzle first and foremost and countless others who aren't apart of this league. It's been a wonderful experience to say the least.
    Previous league experience: DaOne; NDL (10 seasons); ROFX ran by myself (illfated it may be, lasted one season); BsW aka Brotherhood of Sport Warriors (once more, myself and a guy named Holc oversaw the day to day operations and this time not into the ground)... it went on for 9 seasons spanning 3 NCAA editions. One of the greatest experiences I've had running a league. I'm currently not committed to any leagues outside of this one but am a free agent and openly looking for a real league to compliment this "dynasty".

Anyhoo, that's enough about me. I hope everyone will chime in here at least a bit so we can get to know you somewhat.

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sep 24, 2009
    You can check out my "get to know ya" on pg 13 of the thread in the Locker Room.

Doing some remodeling at me and the GF's new house. I'll post some pics when I finish the floors. It was awful.

Game wise, I think I'm a pretty good player winning about 65-70% of my user games. I'm a Jack of all trades, master of none type on offense. I use a different system in each dynasty to keep things fresh and interesting. Unfortunately, that's makes it hard to really grasp an offense until a few seasons in.

Defensively, I'm a strategic force. I stick with the 3-4 and use every play in the playbook to cause confusion. I hold myself back I think cause Im not a switch to the nearest defender type. I like to stick with 1 guy, usually the LMLB, and see how many tackles I can roll up. It's just more fun for me looking back at stats and knowing I made all those plays.

If you like close games, I'm your man. I'm the epitome of playing up or down to your competition. I'm very seldomly involved in a blowout.
  3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    Should I bring some white wine or a fern to the Open House? I would hate to arrive empty handed...
  4. houtz

houtz Undefeated in HK

Jun 18, 2010
    You'll need both hands for what your about to do ;)
  5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Apr 12, 2010
    Name: Corey
    Handle: CLW (clw22580 on PSN)
    Hometown: Presently - Providence, RI - born raised Western Kentucky - Law School St. Louis, Missouri
    Favorite food: Steak
    Favorite drink: Cherry Coke (non-alcoholic) - Beer normally but I also enjoy a nice bottle of wine with the wife from time to time.
    Hobbies: Following all things politics, college sports, video games
    Video game experience: Been ballin' since the NES days. I actually got my start on my parents Intellivision before NES even came out.
    Previous league experience: Many leagues and several online dynasties throughout thye years.
  6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    Name: Roadhouse
    Handle: MM_Roadhouse
    Hometown: Presently - Claremont, NH. Born & raised Cranston, RI.
    Occupation: Executive Director of a 4 school children's center organization.
    Favorite food: Roasted animal
    Favorite drink: Ice-T.
    Hobbies: Preparing for food riots, reloading ammo, sports on TV, some video games, fighting the man, helping single mothers get started...
    Video game experience: It all started with Atari.
    Previous league experience: Lots and lots.
  7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Oct 17, 2009
    You can check out BCS CHaos who you be