Geaux Tigers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by King_CEPS_11, Jan 25, 2010.

1. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Geaux Tigers

[​IMG]

It has just been announced that Coach CEPS will take over the LSU Tigers. He hopes to fly down to Baton Rouge later today to analyze the players currently on the roster and the current recruiting class. The LSU Tigers are off to a 1-1 start after losing to Nebraska at home last week, and look to improve to 2-1 this week against the Mississippi State Bulldogs this week.

"I'm excited to be here as the Tigers coach. I know it's going to be an uphill battle in the SEC, but I'm convinced we can get this going in the right direction. We have a lot of work to do and I'm not really sure what I have to work with right now, but I know the cupboard won't be empty," was the statement taken from Coach CEPS immediately after the announcement of his hiring.

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

With the bye week for the Tigers, Coach Ceps and his staff hit the recruiting trail hard. While the current team is filled with talent they are missing a few key ingredients. The staff will be looking to fill the holes of the players that are graduating. The staff hopes that they can keep all juniors around but knows that guys leaving early is a possibility and they are prepared for that.

When the Coach Ceps came in the recruiting board was a bit of a mess. There were a few good players that the old staff was targeting but none of the offensive players fit Coach Ceps fleXbox One scheme. The entire recruiting list has been retooled in the first few weeks of Coach Ceps' tenure. The staff feels that it is very important right now to focus on a small group of players and go hard after them and then look to fill in other spots down the road. Coach Ceps has already seen drastic improvement in recruiting. Several players have shown a significant jump in interest towards the Tigers. The staff is confident that they can still salvage this year's recruiting class despite the poor circumstances they stepped into.

Coach Ceps knows that the his job at LSU will be an uphill battle. Although the Tigers have been a traditional power house they have slipped into mediocrity in the past few seasons. They Tigers are currently rated as a 4 Star program despite being a 6 Star program just a few seasons ago. Also the vaunted "Death Valley" that the Tigers call home has slipped in it's intimidation and has lost it's advantage over the past few seasons as well. Coach Ceps' first goal is to restore these too things to their rightful ranking and then he knows the championships will follow. To accomplish this he knows it starts with players and that is why he is so focused on recruiting right now. Will he succeed as the coach at LSU? It is too early to know right now, but the attitude he has taken is the right one, so that is a good start for the Tiger faithful.