General Chatter

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I don't know if you guys have been watching the NFL, but Andy Dalton really tore shit up against Carolina. Newton went 6/19 75yds with a 44.8 qb rating, while Dalton went 11/17 130yds and 1 td for a 107.5 rating. He led Cincy on 4 scoring drives in the 2nd qtr. If he continues to put up great #'s, cincy might grant Palmer's request and actually trade him so that they get some kind of compensation for him instead of losing him after he sits out this year.

2. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

I think they should grant his request anyway. If he isnt going to play a down then why keep him around? IMO

Cam hasnt looked good at all this preseason I think he is 21-54 or something like that, he has only scored 1 time and isnt as accurate as advertised. Cam has a very strong arm but I think its him throwing off his back foot and trying to be a "quarterback" and not the person who got him to where he was. The Defensive front looked awful and the secondary wasnt much better. I think the panthers are in for a LONG season again.

Tyrod Taylor looked good with Baltimore, I think he was 11-17 for 100+yrds and a TD. Washington was sending everyone at him and he made some mistakes but for the most part looked good. Also threw the game winning TD with under a min left and no timeouts.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I don't put too much stock into the preseason. Cam has at least been on the field with the starters so his #'s are probably reliable. With Palmer out I'd assume Dalton's been the #1 too??? If so, that's pretty impressive.

Tyrod Taylor though, come on haha. Playing against the backups simply isn't the same, unless it's Green Bay where apparently they can win super bowls with their backups so long as Rogers is healthy.

Oh, and Cam's a punk. I can't wait for him to get steam rolled by a DE or OLB and they wipe that stupid grin off his face!

4. GoGators

As for Palmer and Cincy, I think it's stupid they won't trade the guy. He's played hard for them all this time and been the best guy on their roster. You can't blame the guy for wanting to win and not wanting to play for a franchise that clearly doesn't know how to do so.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Some of the pictures of cam newton really make me laugh, as he looks like he is "special". He has that blank, dumb staring off into space look that makes me either feel bad for him or want to punch him in throat.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I as a Bengals Fan was estatic with Dalton's performance last night. I was worried but i had to tell myself he has had maybe a month with the offensive coordinator and coaches. But for Palmer i've been dealing with Mike Brown's hypocritical views. You say that you won't trade him because you won't "let him back out on his commitment." yet you'll go and trade people who still have time on their contract. We could get so much for him yet we say no eff that. You'll also trade Chad and not even trade, basically give away. He is worth more than two undisclosed draft picks.

7. GoGators

Yeah, this statement proves pretty simply why Palmer wants out.....Cincy's owner is an idiot!

• Like Like x 1
  8. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

You could say the same about Daltons numbers, Carolinas defense is like a good teams 2nd or 3rd string.

I agree with the Cam statement 100%

sidenote: My fantasy team name is $cam newtons laptop rentals

9. GoGators

LOL...I like it!

I'm still trying to figure my team names out. One potential name is:

Finkle's Raging Hemroids (paying tribute to the great Ace Ventura Pet Detective movie)

I like the bagging on Newton idea though.....maybe Cecil Newton's Bail Bonds???

• Like Like x 1