General Conversation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

So, for those of you who have been in my dynasty since I first launched it on EA's forums in 2009 (Cam, Roy, Derek, Jared, Tom, Steve), I was going through our 105 pages of posts and thought it would be fun to set up a general conversation page so we can talk about anything and everything like we used to on those forums. You can use it for scheduling games or talking smack or talking about your games or whatever you want. Have fun with it.

makinpropel
    moneyliesey
    CamInMyMind1350
    derek
    QBKILLAR
    steven.foster
    tar heel
    areohhwhy
    Abominatrix
    TN_Mike

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Man, in practice games, I was tearing it up with Dayne Crist.....In my dynasty game, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and then got a concussion.....What's that all about? Still blew out Texas State thanks to his back up running the option well after his concussion but what the heck.

3. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I'm a 100% with you bro. I went to practice and lab'ed it up and thought ok I got this. Played my game and things just werent the same. Plays that I had ran against man and zone showed no chances of positive yardage or even a completion... Oh well at least we can advance this year.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Pull a Brian Kelly and play him anyway!

5. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Are any of you guys big fans of one of the teams with pro combat uni's that came from amazon. Think it's Army, Michigan State, Georgia, and a couple more I'm not sure. If your a fan you will know.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I really really struggle to run the ball out of the shotgun with my RB. Against users it isn't as bad, but against the cpu, a linebacker or even a safety gets through every single time. Play action passes are a lot more effective, so I can use that to my advantage if I ever get a running game going.

7. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Got my first recruit to sign!

Anthony Haynes #44 CB :3stars:

8. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Running against the blitz is terrible at times. But then again, my team is not the greatest.

9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I'm not a fan of those teams but I am a fan of those jerseys......but unfortunately I didn't get the stupid code to unlock them......BS...just because I bought the game from somewhere, I don't get them? I bought the damn game still! The thing that is really pissing me off is that one of the worst teams on the game and whom is probably on TV less than nearly every team (Western Kentucky) has several different jerseys to choose from, yet KU has a special jersey every year for the last 3 years against Mizzou and EA has only added the white helmets from two years ago to the game. They didn't add the helmets with the Jayhawk on them from 3 years ago or the powder blue throwback jerseys from last year. I was looking forward to the powder blue jerseys so much but noooooooooo.......Oregon has 925,412 jerseys and KU has 3.
    Is he a gem?

I would if I had the option. EA has to force my players to be vaginas though. Dangit.

I had quite a bit of success out of the option. Other than that, I didn't try too much out of shotgun.........I have noticed that when you line up in wildcat, the computer pretty much sends the house and you get no where almost every time.

10. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

hey umass, i can play tonight around 7 est.

11. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

12. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I'll put up a recruiting thing tonight

13. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

No, but after UTEP QB lit my ass up, I figured I could use all the help I can get.

14. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

My offense is better and easier to run than I expected... defense not so much. Had troubles stopping Syracuse. Bring on #1 Alabama!

• Like Like x 1
  15. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Has anyone looked at the 4-year outlook of Championship Contenders page? That is some really interesting stuff. ranked 77th now, but in 2015 I'm supposed to be in the 40s! haha

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah I saw that.....not sure how they figure it out but its interesting for sure.....On another note, I was just recruiting......Can someone explain to me how Oklahoma and TCU's conference prestige is an A and mine is an A-?

17. derek

derek Walk On

Is it me or does the cpu blitz about 80% of the time? Definitely more than in previous versions of ncaa.

18. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

TN_Mike

The EA gods gave one back to me tonight after my sim loss, got incredibly lucky against tar heel

19. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

yea with some teams they blitz 100% of the time. I kind of like it though.. Makes it more interesting at times..

20. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Yeah, UVA just happens to be on the rise IRL, so they're one of the better 3* teams this year. Projected to be in the 20s each year, IIRC. Of course, I'm recruiting pretty poorly now, so we'll see how those projections hold up :(

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

If you go to recruiting and then look at "my team," it will show some really interesting things about dynamic pitches. Like projected draft picks other things like that.

22. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Not sure if I want to start the better thrower, or over all quarterback in this game vs. Northwestern. I might have to almost alternate series.

23. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Just got hoed in another dynasty. I was Maryland playing against UCF. MY QB overthrew two separate receivers on go routes where they had burned the whole defense for what should have been easy TDs. My team dropped 3 INTs. UCF caught every INT they had a chance at (3). They fumbled twice and recovered both, one for a TD, one for a first down (both fumbled forward). They scored one TD where my guy covering the WR was running infront of him on his route and just stood there as the ball came in and didn't swat it or anything....Should have been an easy pick but he let the guy catch it and keep running for a TD. Then, on the final drive, needing a TD, I got to 3rd and 9....Had a guy wide open crossing the field 10 yards away from my QB....MY QB overthrows him by 8 yards. 4th and 9 for the game. Had a guy open on an out route, I hit him 2 yards past the 1st down line, the corner comes up and pushes him 4 yards backwards, he regains his balance just in time to run out of balance.....No forward progress awarded, now two yards short of the first down line, turnover on downs. Ball game.

24. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I've got ten bucks Abominatrix doesn't lose this entire release unless he plays Alfa.

25. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

In recruiting i noticed my pitches are not saving. for example, if i pitch conference prestige and get 100 points the next week i have to pitch the same ones again. Is this happening to everyone else or am i doing something wrong.

I noticed the deep pass is way to easy to complete so far. anyway to make it tougher. some plays i dont even call it because i know its a long completion or a td every time.

Is virginia that much better than everyone else. sure looks like it so far.