General disappointment

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, look, folks, I realize that Madden 11 isn't exactly a rolling, wonderful continuation of Madden 10. Having to play on All-Madden sucks. Having disconnects out the yin-yang sucks. Injuries suck right now. And top that with, on our end, a new cap system that has a few hiccups but is mostly solid.

I am not a "board member", in the direct parlance. I help you guys out wherever I can with whatever I can, but I have no official title. This message is to all of you board members that do:

Either participate in this area, and give feedback/ideas to better the league, or step down. NOW.

It's week THIRTEEN already. We have NO offseason plan in place to let owners know specifically how things will go this offseason. At a 4 day advance (minimum), we are looking at 16 days till the end of the season, and say another week or two for playoffs. Folks, that FOUR WEEKS AWAY.

RIDICULOUS.

I have tried to spur some discussion about cap stuff, and get a whole lot of "meh". If you don't like the cap system, then SAY SO. I have a full box of Kleenex that I can use for myself. If you don't have an opinion on what I say about the cap, then I'll just start posting in the general area instead of in here. It is honestly a waste of my time to come in here and ask for feedback from LEADERSHIP in this league and get very little, if any, feedback. I'll just start doing it myself since, judging by the amount of posts/views, most of you don't care.

To those that ARE responding and trying, thank you. I, for one, appreciate the effort.

For those of you shirking duties that you signed on for (not just feedback), look in the mirror, figure out if you want to do this anymore, and say so. One way or the other.

I'm not a "rah-rah" guy. I'm usually mellow and roll with the punches. But apparently all of you need a kick in the metaphorical ass, and I am gonna give it. Whether or not I am qualified or respected enough to do so.

1. Why does Gaddy not have a recap of his week 12 win? I realize that he partly simmed the game (I apparently quit late 3rd quarter, told him to go ahead and save the data), but winners are supposed to post summaries. Also, the summaries in general seem to be getting less quality of late. I don't expect a full blown news article, but more than "GG dude, was a beast, Player X went off during 3rd quarter, didn't expect to win.". It should be a summary of the game, which means I hear about the scoring (when and who) and final score (in the summary and thread title). 3-4 sentences. That isn't asking much, I don't think.

2. Game scheduling - to me, is being done well. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure the people starting game time threads post their full availability for the week. It has always been a pet peeve of mine to see the start of a game thread with "Dude, I can play Monday night between 3-8 pm EST. When can you?" Should be a full day-by-day setup with times to play. If you don't know your time you will be available, post that so the other person KNOWS. Say "not sure what my time will be on Xday".

3. Free agents - again, we are doing well in this regard. Just need to make sure that we are very on point when offseason FA starts. Whoever is over FA should be ready for a cavalcade, along with cap guys. For those that have worked in retail ever, offseason is like the day after Thanksgiving. Get ready, it will be hell, but worth it IF WE PLAN WELL.

4. Let's get our leadership in order. Get this shit settled, situated, and finalized. Get the leadership in place so we can move forward. If Dunlap isn't AFC president anymore, get the candidate replacing him in place, get the responsibilities in order, and move on. We LEAD, and how we function as a group affects the league. If we are lackluster in getting shit done, the league feeds off that. We need to be proactive at ALL times. That is part of being the leadership of the league.

Nate, I apologize for speaking out of place. But this HAS to be said. WE START NOW. Get shit in gear and get stuff rolling smoothly for this league, or leave and we will replace you with someone who will do what we need done. Make your choices.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I actually am liking this version as I'm a defense first guy. Full disclosure obviously, being 11-0 certainly helps. There have been a swath of personal issues for me lately that have made my time here diminish. Since 'personal issues' is used to much by people as an excuse, I can expand so you don't think I'm dodging anything:

1) I am in the middle of a move west of Spokane about an hour. Move will happen at the end of the month so getting everything prepped is taking a lot of time.
    2) My workload has increased to literally 60-80 hours per week. Being salaried and contracted at the same time has its advantages and disadvantages. I love what I do, but the hours are starting to load up and I am really just physically exhausted right now.
    3) I recently just got out of a two year relationship. I don't want any "Im sorry's"...thats not why Im posting this...but hopefully you can see that something like that certainly shakes up somebody's foundation. Its been a bit of a rough transition. (Break up has nothing to do with the move above BTW).

Anyways, my times available now on here are usually limited to mid day on the weekdays and very late night for you fellas (After 10pm pacific).

I have agreed to swap DJDunn some responsibilities in part because of this reason. He is more available and he'll just be a better handler of the day to day AFC President duties. I don't mind doing a little late night grunt work in exchange, which is why I have agreed to step up and be the leader of the Cap Book. Please take that as a sign of my dedication to this league....we all know that probably the most thankless job on the board but at the same time the most important.

Further I have expressed my interest to stay on the rules committee. I feel that one of my most valuable assetts to this board now for the full calendar year I've been here has been my thought processes in regards to rule changes, etc. I feel what I can bring to the table as a rules committe member in thinking outside the box and really looking hard at potential rule changes to make sure they are viable and work is frankly my best quality. We all know dealing day to day with owners I dont get along with is not. Thus, it would make me a bit sad to see my best trait not get put to use.

I am here, and I actaully just thought the boards were down for the last two days as my bookmark to the OMFL forums just came up as an HTTP error, no redirect....so I didn't even realize the new forums were up!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I may be out of line in saying this and it may only worsen the situation but our Commish has been unfortunately MIA the last month+. Nate is our leader and without him around we have no direction. Wether he believes it or not this league needs him and it suffers when he isnt around. Winuvas' frustrations show exactly that.

Yes...I AM CALLING YOU OUT NATE in the hopes you answer . OMFL isnt the same without you.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I understand about personal issues and workload changes. I have just gone through the same thing myself (minus the breakup portion). I have changed a good bit over the last month or two. The difference with me is that it has opened up MORE time for me to devote to this thing.

If that means I need to do more, WHATEVER it is, then I'll sign up for that. If it means I need to start being more active and being more of an ass around here, then fine. If I have to just start making more "on my own" decisions, then tell me. I don't want to do something like that, but if I have to, again, I will.

I care about this league. I know I have had connection issues with games that have caused some owner issues, but I am hoping I can maybe fix that. I hope that this will wake up some folks though and get them jarred a bit.

When you are in this room, "just 100%" isn't enough. You HAVE to be able to commit more than that. If you can't (whether it's work, personal, or game issues), then tell us so we can get guys in here who CAN give that extra.

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

To address this, since I'm the newest here, I can't usually tell who does what, it seems that there are 3 different lists of board positions with members in different positions on each of them. I'm sure it will be straightened out though, just wanted to post my concern about it

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Alright guys, got my internet back on last night, seems I have some catching up to do. All of the offseason talk in the past has typically been initiated by Nate. It seems that he is not as interested so we will have to start taking over what he has done. Let's get a checklist going of what needs to be done.

As for Gaddy I have already given him a warning for not writing a summary for his win over me. If he failed to do it again that is 3 strikes and he should be removed from the league. No exceptions, if we want to keep the integrity of this league we have to enforce the rules.

As for everything else we will need to see who is on board and move forward. We cant sit around and gripe about who is not doing what, if we care about the league we have to take initiative and do it. If those who failed to do their jobs has a problem then tough luck.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Then let me be the first to begin the offseason conversation. Dunlap has a reply to my post about it and it looks solid. Board members, give feedback within the next 2-3 days. If we hear nothing from anyone, then no response is consent from them. We move on with the plan as Dunlap has detailed.

If Gaddy has three strikes, then he is up for a boot vote, not necessarily automatic expulsion. However, you are right, Frisk: if this is 3rd strike (I am honestly not sure, thought it was two), then a boot vote needs to be called for.

I agree with your 3rd point, Frisk. Let's get stuff done and whoever isn't on board, won't be in the board much longer. Don't like it.....oh well.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Here are Gaddy's infractions...

#1: Failure to schedule with Weblink
    #2: Failure to write game summary in win over Vikings
    #3: Failure to write game summary for Week 12 win

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Three it is. Any board member can call for a boot vote for Gaddy at this point. That is process I believe once three infractions are done is that ANY board member can call for the boot vote.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i've gotta get my boys in the shower but when i get them in bed i'll hop on and read this. i just didnt want you to think i responded to all but this

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

After reading this I know I am MIA. I have clearly pissed ryno off now in a pm and guys are simply 'tired' of me. I have been in over my head with work, family, and a game I hate. I've been super busy and just barely kept up. I am got tired of trying to carry this thing alone. I think that we may need to seriously look at a leadership change. I gave my honest opinion to Jeremy via txt/chat and promised to be around more and try harder. the next 3-4 weeks are brutal for me and after that will slow tremendously down, but until then its going to be a rough ride. I am not looking for sympathy or saying i am quitting, but if you guys want a new direction that I can not give I will step away.