General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by KnightNoles, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

We are setup, Basis and I will start to make threads but here we go!

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

3. KnightNoles

we have been talking about it and we will break it soon.

There will be a few threads popping up towards the afternoon, evening

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

*whistles*

• Like Like x 1
  5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Knight, please handle the initial setup - I'm at work then going straight to the Rangers-Devils game afterwards. Not going to be able to be on the forums much. I'll hop on tomorrow and add some input.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'll be picking this game up this year.

7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Who plays in the online tournaments?

I know i was number 3 in the world for about a month and stopped playing...not to be bragging or anything [​IMG]

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I might need to get it in some of this action...

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm going to dominate this game so much I'll be nailing Perkins waitresses by the time it's all said and done.

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

perkins waitresses damn man you are my hero I can usually pick up waffle house waitresses actually that is how I met smlvictories mom!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Here is some more general info for you guys:

The TGA Tour itself will be run on some pretty tough conditions. Knight and myself will iron it out when the game drops, but it will use the most difficult settings of the game (TOUR Pro difficulty means no stupid power boost, no stupid spin, no stupid putt preview, etc.). We can't firm them up because, frankly, the settings change every release. It will also have a RATINGS CAP for your player. You'll need to create a seperate player for use on the TGA Tour - you won't be using maxed out attributes. You'll be able to custom taylor your player's attributes to suit your playing style, but will be bound by an average rating limit - likely 9.0. Meaning, you can have 10 power, 8 putting, and 9 everything else if you so desire.

We are also trying to put things in place that combine the 360 and the PS3 games into one Tour. This should be possible from an admin side, so stay tuned for more information on that.

The Ladder Tournament will be more arcade style. If anyone doesn't know what a ladder tournament is, just ask.

Other than that, we're just waiting on more details from the game. Tiger is my favorite game, even more so than NCAA and Forza. That passion will translate into a Tiger Woods platform on this site that should be pretty fun to be a part of.

Fairways and greens!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

NICE!

TOUR Pro difficulty is like the real deal VERY tough if you are not a die hard TW gamer. I may need to play a little TW 11 to brush up on my skills lol

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Is this something where I have to show up every week. Or will it be "sim" style where golfers choose which tourney's they want to play?

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

no putt preview? noooooo Time for some 5 puttin lmao

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Noles and I haven't really discussed that yet, but in my head I would like to have a tournament every other week rather than weekly. This will let the ladder tournament get some action and keep tournament interest climb. You can pick and choose though, but the hope is that most will show up every two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KnightNoles

I am with you on the every other week, I think you should be encouraged to play each tournament though

• Like Like x 1
  17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

How does this work like... are we going to be shooting in groups of 4 or what? I've hardly ever played the damn game online.

19. KnightNoles

I personally would at least like groups of 2 it might be easier to get another person on and knock out a round or 4 during the tournaments and will keep each other in check. basis and I haven't really nailed that out yet and hopefully tonight we can get everything ironed out

20. Keller

Hmmm - only reason I would even consider buying the game would be to shoot the shit with people while playing 18. Playing in groups of 2 just sounds kinda boring if you asked me - this aint speed golfing!

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I could just see the argument now:

Girlfriend comes homes to Keller sitting on the couch with a cigar and case of suds in a cooler...
    What are you doing?
    Playing golf with the guys.
    What guys?
    The guys on the site, you know, TSO.
    I want to watch TV.
    Later babe, we're only on the 9th hole.
    Your such an a$$hole, I'm done!

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

you SLACKERS

23. Keller

Haha. I have a mancave, that doesn't happen. I only stop playing games when I want to [​IMG]

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Groups of 4 will be the norm. The only way there will be less are for make-up rounds that people need to play, and those will have to be played with an admin.

Expect a whole helluva lot more news by Sunday night guys. Noles, Cimmy, and I will be working over the weekend (I will at least - step up you other two hoes! hahaha just playin) to put together the guidelines and the schedule, at least for the first month - 6 weeks.

STAY TUNED AND GET READY TO TEE IT UP GUYS! The game is out four weeks from Tuesday.

25. KnightNoles

We know you guys are anxious or looking forward to how this is going to be setup so we are going to get it locked down by the end of the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.