General FIFA Discussion

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Colemanchu, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Jeez, couldn't find these threads. Organization is for pooters, we have no choice but to adapt though. Hope I don't miss too much with everything buried down here by itself.

2. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Yeah I don't like this...TOO ORGANIZED...

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

I wouldn't call this organized. When you have to go in 20 levels deep to find a thread, and then come back out and go in deep another path for similar stuff it's not very convenient. I'll probably ignore some of these threads exist from now on.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Thank Red AL ;)

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Would you guys prefer that some of these threads be moved to the TFL general discussion forum?

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

I don't think there needs to be 20 general discussions forums in different depths. The way it used to be on the TFL forum was nice. We had links to the leagues, and then all the general threads non-league specific stuff. Now I feel like we have keep going in from one parent forum to another to get to a child thread. Too much depth in my opinion. Looks more organized at first for sure but less efficient.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hedache

hedache Walk On

Thanks RedAL925 ;)

8. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

If anyone knows about efficiency, it's this guy.

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

Indeed I have an Industrial Engineering degree. So I should know about efficiency ;)

10. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

When will you guys learn to stop listening to this guy.

11. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Never, he's a genius :p

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

13. hedache

hedache Walk On

These people are asking for too fucking much. It's a video game, enjoy it as it is. If you want realistic football, go outside and play it yourself. Video games will always have their own constraints. I think FIFA is doing a great great job with in game physics and game flow. What they need to improve is stuff that can be improved a lot easier, like fundamentals of career mode, being able to run an online league where they keep stats of what's going on like cards injuries, your line up, formations. Simple but not there. And yet you guys are asking more and more rocket science. Fix the easy shit first, and then I can justify complaints about the harder stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Krebstar425

While I know there will always be constraints, I'd rather see the game play as fixed as it can be before career mode or online is ever touched.

Now, the people who work on such things are in two different departments at EA Canada, so it's not as if some are ignoring one aspect or the other.

As it was said above, the issue is sometimes EA regresses. That is inexcusable. They're great at taking out features or fucking things up when trying to fix them.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I'm on hedache's side here... Fix the easy stuff first... Online leagues, manager mode, scouting, growth.... Then deal with ball physics and shit.

16. Krebstar425

It's different for everyone. I don't want to play a great career mode if the actual game itself still bothers me. I'd rather play a very poor career mode with an amazing match engine.

As long as they improve this year, I'll be happy. Just no classic EA regression.

17. hedache

hedache Walk On

You guys are getting lost here. The match engine is as amazing as it can get compared to all the other engines the game contains. As an engineer my opinion is, if your match engine is 8/10 and online feats are 3/10, cm is 4/10, other stuff around 3-4/10s, you focus on catching those parts up to the 8 standard before you proceed on the match engine.

And the match engine is amazing if you look at the past 10 years. Most of you are just the classic spoiled consumer that wants more and more quicker with the match engine part. It's never going to be enough whatever they do. They could put you in some virtual reality engine to play virtual soccer and you still would find something unsatisfying. You guys will be like but I want the real real thing. There is no end to it. So if you agree on this concept, I would shoot for balanced improvements overall. If you don't agree, you just keep asking, it'll only make you more miserable while I enjoy my FIFA versions.

18. hedache

hedache Walk On

On second thought, EA should fucking build a time machine and sell that, so that we can go to the future and play FIFA 2200. Yes, there still won't be online leagues but I bet the match engine would be more real than real football. Real players will complain to the FA asking for more realistic football like the video game. :D

19. Krebstar425

It's expected that the game is better now than ten years ago, so we don't need to cover that every single time this issue is brought up.

As for "classic spoiled consumer", the key word is consumer. I'm expected to be spoiled and asking for more. I'm the consumer. I still have realistic expectations, though, which is why when FIFA 09 came out and was a HUGE step above 08, I was more excited for 11, not 10. I know things take time, but 12 to me is a big point in the development process and also the at least third year under the control of Rutter.

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

If you think the match engine is an 8 out of 10, then thats you. But I dont see how it could be if PASSING IS BROKEN. What you need most in footy. The essential part of the game, and it doesnt work. After 09, Fifa came out with WC 10, and everyone was very excited about where the series was going. But ever since the 2, that havent done to well.

Again, if I pay 65 dollars, I want shit to work, and work correctly. I dont want to see Shane Long out muscling Nevin Subotic going for a pin point accurate pass from some CB rated 67 while he was under pressure. You can keep that.

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

You guys don't get the point. Passing is broken? Passing is just not better than it is now. My passing is not broken, it works fine. I can pass quite fine. You say you pay $65 and you want shit to work correctly. Correct in regards to what? There is no defined way of correct. The developers are trying to do what they can. It's a stick with both ends covered in shit. If they go one way, you'll see the benefits of the other way. You can't just come out and plainly say it's broken for something like passing in a video game. Passing has improved drastically over the years.

My main annoyance is that people in general (not only for the FIFA game) have forgotten where we came from, what we used to have. I have more to say about that but that's out of soccer so I'll stop there. Which will force me to say, well if you think FIFA is broken and not worth your $65, don't buy FIFA12. Can you do that? Nobody is forcing the game down your throat. Those who think the game is broken, do not buy it. Do you go buy a broken Xbox for $200? Do the same for the game itself. And if you can't do that, stop the bitching and enjoy the game as it is :D

22. Krebstar425

For the first time in years, I'm not committed to buying FIFA. The demo will be a huge factor, as will hearing impressions on here and other sites after the release.

23. hedache

hedache Walk On

Finally my dreams are coming true. I don't have to deal with you and that Klurp guy anymore. :p

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

If I held all games to this type of scrutiny I might as well just sell my xbox and watch keeping up with the kardiasians reruns with my fiance every night.

• Like Like x 1
  25. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

C'mon guys you do know that since hedache is content with the game, everyone else should be too.:rolleyes: