General gameplay discussion

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Questions/concerns/suggestions regarding gameplay to be discussed exclusively here

2. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I have no problem talking before and after the game as I have done a few times. I'm just not one for talking during the game. I don't talk in the chatbox or IM either while I'm playing, everyone has different preferences (y).

3. I Peench

Just thought I'd bring something up concerning mics. I love chatting with guys before and after games. I can't (and refuse to) blabber away during a game. I'll always have a mic on me unless its broken, and will always be willing to pause and chat regarding anything. But I can't talk during the game.

Is that sufficient for some of you guys?

4. I Peench

THIS. and I need to stop that chatbox bullshit...costing me games haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

From the rule thread:

Doesn't matter what you like or dislike its a rule you agreed to play by. You don't have to talk, but you have to a mic ready in case of a dispute. I've had to pause and message people during a game before where they've unpaused the game while i was typing and run plays.

6. I Peench

Matrix Monkey
    @Pagamer

Agree with the stuff over the middle. I really like to mix it up and play with my DE's sometimes. Impossible against some because you have to consistently watch shit over the middle. A good balance is fine, thats part of the chest match. But I'm growing weary of it.

As far as hot routing Kasper , I really don't do much of it. I'll change the play at the line, or smart route. I hate having a 3rd and 14 and having a play that has 1 or 2 routes allow me to get first down yardage. Seems the only way to do it in my PB is with 2-3 plays, including 4 verts (which I like to avoid at all costs). To paraphrase Madden, why run a play with a route that doesnt get you a 1st down

7. The Natural

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Wasn't calling you out. Was a general statement.

We're all supposed to read and agree to the rules thread before joining. If you don't play by them you should be punished. Regardless of how you feel on the issue. If you find a rule to be unfair or unnecessary you can bring it up and we can discuss it but you can't ignore the rule just because you don't like it.

9. The Natural

Not sure I follow you, I haven't seen anyone who has said they refuse to use a mic at all.

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Again, a general statement.

11. I Peench

Always have a mic on for a potential dispute. Agree that should be mandatory. Saves time and avoids drama

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm not saying you do, but I have played people and I heard their QB calling out 15 different calls before the snap it seems. I know not all of that is hot routing, but come on and run the play you picked.

13. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

You have what like 10-15 seconds to hot route if you pick your play fast enough meaning you only have time to make a few adjustments if that. Half the time mine are dummies to see if the defense moves or tries to anticipate where the play is going.

14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Thats enough time to change the route on every receiver.

• Like Like x 2
  15. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

But what advantage does it give you? Did you play madden when they didnt have the accelerated clock when you had 30 seconds to hot route? Now that was terrible. You got to remember about line audibles also because that also looks like a hot route.

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

The main issue I think is that it limits the route tree.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Natural

Whatever the reason hearing, "vee vee vee vee vee vee vee vee vee!!" when someone comes to the line gets annoying after a while. What is the ultimate goal of a dummy hot route? Who changes their defense because of a hot route? Unless someone actually motions on the offense what is the point? The defense doesn't know what you are hot routing so it's not like you are faking them out in anyway.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  18. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Im in full agreement here. I dont hot route much at all and I consider my self to be a decent player. While there are always times that Hot routing has to be used. The only thing I ever do is OL adjustments which dont usually make a noise. Just my opinion :) LOL

19. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Actually, OL adjustments do make noise, usually it is a check check check, other times, the qb may say something similar to what is said when hot routing.

20. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

My bad. My adjustments are right out of the huddle like if i know i have stretch left im usually pushing down lefft right out of the huddle

21. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I'm with a lot of you guys, I rarely ever hot route. The only time I hot route is if two routes will cross causing a cluster over the middle.

22. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah agreed about hot routes im trying to limit when i use them albeit with poor results but will get there lol

as for mics they are mandatory in the league and if you have any issue then speak on the headset rather than type a message its time consuming and needless. So far this season i have chatted to lsutruth and pagamer during the game and was good fun

23. I Peench

Yeah, I have to work on my temper a bit. I get distracted and cuss up a storm in games like we had. Couldn't believe how inaccurate our QBs were. I really hate that. Brady and Eli, two elite QBs, and a little biit of rain and they can't throw anything.

In the end it came down to who was smarter. You were. I made that dumb pick six which was teh difference.

Did I seem to be hot routing a lot? I more smart route than anything, but occasionally hot route. I'm trying to limit it more, too.

24. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

nah man you were fine cant believe some of brady's passes played a few rain games and end up with 4 picks every game gets beyond a joke lol

just gotta keep trying new things once i get my offence going then its a whole different story lol

25. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I tend to make adjustments at the line in which makes it sound that I am hot routing alot.

1- Keeping RB in to block
    2- Keeping TE #1 or #2 in to block, knowing I am not going to throw to him on the play.
    3- Adjusting Oline to block to a certain direction
    4- Smart Routing a 5-7 yard route to actually go to the first down marker

All these things cause the QB to bark looking like I am making a lot of route changes, when in reality I have extended 1 route, and wanted to better protect my QB with adjustments.

I understand if this is a every down occurance, this would get very annoying, and I tend to try to make some of these adjustments as we are walking to the line, as some of them are pre-decided adjustments coming out of the huddle regardless of what D is shown.

I wish there was a way to silently make blocking adjustments so that those are not something that get mistaken for hot routes.