General Slider Discussions

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shino45, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

General Slider Discussions

I know every league is doing independent research on what sliders they are going to use this year. But I figured we can have a general slider thread about ideas, testing, what have and have not worked for you thus far. You may find a set you like to use in your online or offline leagues.

I've been tweaking this set tonight...

Feel free to try these and critique it, or post your own set.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm a slider person myself but have been disappointed this year:(. I guess because this game plays so damn well outta the box for me on Heisman. I do have a set I'm working on but so far the only thing I have changed is dropping the QB acc to 45. If you play No-huddle teams on Heisman they will eat you alive once they get hot. But here's the set I'm working on:

Difficulty: Heisman
    Quarter Length: 7 minutes
    Game Speed: Slow
    Player Threshold: 0

All penalties bumped up to 60. I'd like to see more so I'm going back to the lab tonight.

My game last night with these minimal changes were incredible. I played as Rutgers vs. #8 TCU. It was a very well played game. I had 5-7 penalties, CPU had 3-4. My starting HB and the CPU's HB both touched 100 yards. My QB had an average day going 14-21 for 168yds 2TD 1INT. TCU's starting QB was knocked out early (4-5 36yds) and their backup came in and played decent (16-23 208yds 2TD 1INT). I lost the game 24-21 on a Hail Mary!! I still think his knee was down but couldn't challenge, I love controversy. The only thing that annoyed was when they lined up for the extra point with no time left. It's been a long time since I've seen a Hail Mary to win it (1994 to be exact, f'n Kordell Stewart) so I can't recall if they would make the team kick the XP.

Nothing really needed to be changed after the first game. I'm going to play a couple more games tonight using different offenses.

3. Tilion

Tilion Walk On

I've noticed that the secondary of almost any team I've played with or against has bricks for hands. I understand that players play secondary when they don't have the best hands, but sometimes its plain embarrassing.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Its either that or its an INT everytime they touch the ball. Pick your poison.

5. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Exactly what he said.....Personally I'll take the dropped picks vs the games with all the interceptions.