"Generals" tournament brackets

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Jul 18, 2010.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

"Generals" tournament brackets

We are going to get this started. The North and South teams are going to play separate round robin tournaments. The top 2 seeds will come out of those and play for the "General" title of their side. Tiebreakers will be decided by points given up. Then we will have the "Generals" play each other. The winner will receive an extra 5* scholarship. And perhaps another bonus, depends what my mind comes up with. Anyway, here goes.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    North Michigan Penn State Boston College Virginia Tech Cincinnati Syracuse Standings Points Against
    1. Michigan - BigSmooth33 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX L 24-31 W 24-17 W 31-21 2-1 69
    2. Penn State - DrunkenSoldier88 XXXXXXXX W 27-7 XXXXXXXX W 28-14 2-0 21
    3. Boston College - OregunGunner XXXXXXXX L 7-27 XXXXXXXX W 28-0 L 21-24 1-2 51
    4. Virginia Tech - Dean W 31-24 L 0-28 XXXXXXXX L 23-28 XXXXXXXX 1-2 80
    5. Cincinnati - lukeoverture L 17-24 XXXXXXXX W 24-21 W 28-23 XXXXXXXX W 24-10 3-1 78
    6. Syracuse - H22APWRD94 L 21-31 L 14-28 XXXXXXXX L 10-24 XXXXXXXX 0-3 83

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    South Alabama Florida State Tennessee Georgia Tech South Florida Florida Standings Points Against
    1. Alabama - JDBattleMC XXXXXXXX L 28-31 XXXXXXXX W 2-0 L 23-24 1-2 55
    2. Florida State - tuco418 W 31-28 XXXXXXXX W 28-21 W 2-0 XXXXXXXX L 21-52 3-1 101
    3. Tennessee - bdub77 XXXXXXXX L 21-28 XXXXXXXX W 2-0 L 14-38 1-2 66
    4. Georgia Tech - BCDuggan L 0-2 L 0-2 L 0-2 XXXXXXXX L 0-2 XXXXXXXX 0-4 8
    5. South Florida - BamaGrad4 XXXXXXXX W 2-0 XXXXXXXX L 14-41 1-1 41
    6. Florida - MaizeGrenade W 24-23 W 52-21 W 38-14 XXXXXXXX W 41-14 XXXXXXXX 4-0 IN 72

Matchups

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    North Home Games Away Games
    Michigan PSU and [str]VT[/str] [str]Cincy[/str] and [str]Cuse[/str]
    Penn State [str]BC[/str] and [str]Cuse[/str] Mich and VT
    Boston College [str]Cincy[/str] and Cuse [str]PSU[/str] and [str]VT[/str]
    Virginia Tech PSU and [str]BC[/str] [str]Mich[/str] and [str]Cincy[/str]
    Cincinnati [str]Mich[/str] and [str]VT[/str] [str]BC[/str] and [str]Cuse[/str]
    Syracuse [str]Mich[/str] and [str]Cincy[/str] [str]PSU[/str] and BC

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    South Home Games Away Games
    Alabama [str]FSU[/str] and [str]GT[/str] USF and [str]FLA[/str]
    Florida State [str]Tenn[/str] and [str]FLA[/str] [str]ALA[/str] and [str]GT[/str]
    Tennessee USF and [str]FLA[/str] [str]FSU[/str] and [str]GT[/str]
    Georgia Tech [str]FSU[/str] and [str]Tenn[/str] [str]ALA[/str] and [str]USF[/str]
    South Florida ALA and [str]GT[/str] Tenn and [str]FLA[/str]
    Florida [str]ALA[/str] and [str]USF[/str] [str]FSU[/str] and [str]Tenn[/str]

Any questions, let me know. Please report games back in this thread. I need teams involved and final score listed. If you do not list score, I will not count the game. TF rules, 7 min quarters, AA difficulty.

2. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Florida over Alabama - 24 - 23

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Updated table, post some written highlights from the games also. It will help you get your creative juices flowing once the OD starts and you need to do weekly write-ups on your games.

4. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah, sorry forgot to take them down but what I remember.

I had a user pick I took to the house.

He fumbled on my goal line but I called a bad play and he got a safety afterward.

Finally after I scored a final touchdown I held him on 4th and 2 and that was it.

5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

It's all good. We will be writing game summaries all season, so this is a good time to get some practice in. Thank you though, I appreciate it.

Mike

6. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

Cincy beat VTech by the score of 28-23.

It was a great game. We went into the half with cincy up 21-17, and it stayed that close the entire game. I stopped a 4th down attempt near my 30 yard line with under a minute left that sealed the deal.

From this game, I learned that I really like my team. Our halfback, Isiah Pead, is an absolute monster. He breaks tackles like crazy. Zach Collaros is a great quarterback. USC transfer Vidal Hazelton is a very, very skilled receiver. I like this team a lot and am very excited to be using them.

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Great games so far guys. I am going to be playing BigSmooth and his Michigan team after 9pm CT tonight. Luke, Drunken, or OregonGunner, I can probably get another one in tonight probably starting around 1030 to 11pm CT.

If you guys have any trouble contacting somebody, I will try and get ahold of them. If they can't be reached after 2 days, they will forfeit. The game will go as a 2-0 win. I believe BCDuggan may not be able to participate due to personal reasons, but I will contact him to make sure.

If anybody has any questions regarding how to set the games up, just contact me. You will want to add all users of this dynasty to your friends list. Easiest way to communicate other than text or AIM. Also, make sure home team is sending invites, there is some minor home field advantage on this game, plus with this being a random draw, it makes it a little more fun.

8. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Playing Florida @ FSU right now, will update when finished.

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Thank you Maize, some of you guys are on top of this.

Mike

10. Dean

Dean Walk On

VT beats Michigan, 31-28. Great game smooth

11. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

The One-Two Punch. Gators top Florida State 52 - 21

(Just a small review)

This game between the Gators and Seminoles started off like two heavyweights going to war. The offenses were looking great as each teams first two drives ended with a touchdown. The tide turned very quickly on FSU's third drive as Sophomore fullback Lonnie Pryor fumbled on a run up the middle and Senior Brandon Hicks came up with the recovery for the Gators. This opened the gates as Florida gave the 'Noles a constant one-two punch of Jeff Demps (20 - 143 - 3TD) and Emmanuel Moody (13 - 155 - 1TD) on there way to victory. Other notable players were John Brantley going 11 for 13 for 164 yards and two touchdowns and defensively Sophomore corner Jeremy Brown of the Gators had a huge game with three interceptions.

12. Dean

Dean Walk On

Gunner and Drunken hit me up, I'll be online. Gunner, I sent you friend request

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

The Wolverines go down at home 31-24 to Dean's VaTech Hokies.

It was quite the back and forth game. I could not stop Dean's big plays for the life of me.

Daryl Stonum returned a big kick before halftime to make the game 14-14, and scored another big TD late in the 4th, making him the player of the game for the Maize and Blue.

Good game Dean.

14. OregonGunner

OregonGunner Walk On

BC topples VT 28-0 at Blacksburg, Virginia.

BC's run game opened up the big passing plays especially for the talented BC tight end. BC's defense capitalized on two turnovers (1 INT, 1 Sack/FR) to take an early 28-0 lead in the first half before a freak thunderstorm in Blacksburg caused the referees to end the game with 1:30 left in the second quarter.

15. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

No Rocky Top Tonight. Gators win 38 - 14.

Gators topple SEC rival Tennessee 38 - 14 behind running back tandem Demps and Moody who combined for 285 yards and two touchdowns and corners Janoris Jenkins and Joshua Shaw who had a total of three picks, two of which where returned for touchdowns.

[​IMG]

Tennessee QB Simms dropped for a sack

16. bdub77

bdub77 JV Waterboy

It was an SEC beat down....It was really closer than the score however...a few trips to the red zone were squashed by INTs returned for scores. We'll be back. Great game!

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Michigan escapes the Orangeman in the Carrier Dome
    Michigan 31 Syracuse 21

[​IMG]
    Game started off great for the traveling Wolverines, as JT Floyd jumped a hitch route from Ryan Nassib to set up for the first score of the game.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23988697

Late in the second quarter, here's a nice highlight of Forcier feeling the pressure and finding Martavious Odoms on a corner route.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23989475

Final TD in the 2nd quarter, Forcier connects with Roundtree for his second TD of the day on a seam route.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23989138 This made the score 21-7 before half time.

Unfortunately, the pesky Orangemen didn't go away.

Obi Ezeh stalled what appeared to be another great Orangemen drive before the half.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23988967

Syracuse added two more scores to Michigan's one field goal to make it 24-21 Michigan in the 4th quarter, until Michael Shaw broke it open. Michael Shaw finished the game off by scampering for this 82 yard TD off a draw on 3rd and long late in the 4th quarter.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23989858

Fun game. Syracuse will be tough with that playbook... Glad I'm in the Big Ten (no offense PSU).

18. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Bulls don't belong in The Swamp. Gators win big over USF 41 - 14.​

Brantley shines against South Florida, going 11-15 for 165 yards and three touchdowns in a 41 - 14 win. Moody and Demps once again both break 100 yards each with Demps running for two touchdowns.

[​IMG]

Brantley throws it over the USF defense to Thompson

[​IMG]

Ahmed Black drops the hammer

[YOUTUBE]7-li9WTjBsU[/YOUTUBE]

Nice catch by Thompson for a touchdown but Brantley pays the price

19. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah, Good game to you to as well as Bama, Tuco and JD.

20. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

How are you getting in contact with these people so quick? None of my PMs have been returned nor are they on AIM.

If you are my opponent, get at me, I want to play.

21. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yours might be harder because of your PSN. It isn't the same as your name on here make sure you add them as well and say TF when you send them the request so they know.

22. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Wow ... looks like quite a day for you Maize
    Thanks for the worst beatdown I've received in TF ...lol
    I need to shore up the run defense before we meet again in the season finale
    Demps is ridiculously fast and damn near impossible to stop

23. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah, my Sophomore corner had a huge game against Ponder and if Demps gets any daylight he is gone.

Hope I can go 4 - 0 against all you guys in the regular season once the OD starts since I play all of you again,

24. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

This is why we are going to change the speed threshold also. It will cut down on the huge gains on the outside. Guards outrunning LB's to the edge on a dead sprint is heinous. I think it will balance the running game a little bit better.

Mike

25. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah, I prefer slow game speed and threshold at 35 which is why I hate normal online because of no sliders.