"Generals" tournament

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Jul 14, 2010.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

"Generals" tournament

Guys, I had a brainstorm about our North/South dynasty here, and the thought that we needed some leaders. Drunken had a great idea about having a tournament for "General" status. What this means, I don't know yet, but I'll figure something out. We will set this up to start running in the next few days. With each side having six players, are we going to go round robin (2 groups of 3, best records play for "General") or NFL WildCard style? Let me know your ideas, and what you think would be suitable for prizes.

Mike

2. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

I vote for round robin. That will let us get the most games in!

3. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

i say round robin, too. for prizes, maybe an extra scholarship or two allotted?

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The battle of North and South throughout the season is already for home field advantage for the next season. I was wondering if that was a sweet enough pot, or if I should add a "+1" :5stars: recruit. Since we still are not sure how the CPU is going to recruit, I am looking to limit recruits until we really know how it is going. That being said, I would like to limit it to 15 :4stars: and above, with up to 5 :5stars: allowed. Also, we are going to do our classes as recruit to 70. That means if you start the season with 68 on the roster, and 15 graduate, plus 3 leave early, you have room for 20 overall. If anybody does not understand this concept, shoot me a PM.

As far as the "General" goes, I like the idea of round robin. We would have 2 groups of six, with each player playing 3 games against another opponent. Top 2 out of each pool advance and play each other for the "General" status. Whoever is the winner from each side will receive the award that we decide upon. That should keep us busy for a few days as we await good rosters and find a suitable set of sliders.

Mike

5. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah, I would say the winning general should be able to recruit one more five star.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I just think the more games the better before we get the season rolling...

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I like the extra 5 star idea, also not sure if we could work this out, but each General could do like captains in ryder cup, submit a list of your guys teams 1-12(each team represented twice) match the 2 lists up and bam u got are user games. Also the generals could play to make game #13. Might be to hard to coordinate but it could be fun

8. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

What if as a prize, not only a 5 star recruit, but the winner could call dibs on a player that no one else could recruit. It wouldnt guarantee they would come, but it would be fun.

9. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Nah, I would just go an extra five star.

10. bdub77

bdub77 JV Waterboy

I'm down with the 5 star recruit as well. I also really like the Generals playing game #13.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Mike,

I am interested but given current situation may not be able to do tournament. Text or call me with all relevant details.

Thanks,

Brian

12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I will get team rankings for each side put together tonight and post round robin matchups. Each player will have 3 games. We can start as soon as possible.

Mike

13. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

the extra 5* sounds good to me

14. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

When I get back home today, I will get the brackets setup. Sorry, it has been a long weekend. We should be rolling with our OD here pretty soon.