Georgia 2010 Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Chiang-Shih, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Georgia 2010 Season

Week two brought the first game of the 2010 season for the Georgia Bulldogs. A stiff test going straight into SEC play against South Carolina. The weather was nasty for this game heavy rain and 74. The defense was strong the entire game. The Georgia defense racked up 4 sacks and 4 ints. The passing defense limited South Carolina to 191 yards passing and zero TD's. The defense wasn't perfect missing a few tackles that lead to South Carolina getting 69 yards on the ground. Reshad Jones lead the team with 2 ints. DT Deangelo Tyson picked off a pass after Ricardo Crawford crushed the QB and took it back 40 yards for a TD. Freshman MLB Geoff Rivera got his first INT while playing most of the 4th quarter. Junior DE Justin Houston was a terror for the South Carolina QB the entire 4th quarter getting 2 sacks in limited action.

On offense the pass game and run game were both working for the Georgia. Logan Gray passed for 248 yards and 3 scores but 2 ints on poorly thrown balls. Richard Samuel lead the the team with 114 yards on the ground and 2 scores. Caleb King was not far behind with 86 yards on the ground and 1 score. Marlon Brown caught 4 balls for 100 yards and 1 TD. The TD was a short pass that he took 72 yards for the score. AJ Green caught 4 balls for 61 yards and 1 score. AJ Green was on top of his game making spectacular one handed catches. Bruce Figgins caught 2 balls for 87 yards and a huge 67 yards TD before halftime when he broke two tackles to race down the sideline.

I'll post videos then pictures. I finally figured out how to get these bag boys onto youtube!!

Final Score
    Georgia - 51
    South Carolina - 14

Deangelo Tyson INT/TD
    [youtube]Zk24iqfYgO0[/youtube]

Bruce Figgins Big Rumble
    [youtube]qTouE96CTCU[/youtube]

Richard Samuel Powering to the Endzone
    [youtube]sJCp3FMVAWA[/youtube]

Caleb King Bust a Move
    [youtube]GDw0OEeJqYU[/youtube]

AJ Green 1 Handed Catch
    [​IMG]

Marlon Brown 72 yard TD
    [​IMG]

Richard Samuel Powers Through
    [​IMG]

Caleb King Busting a Move
    [​IMG]

Reshad Jones INT'S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deangelo Tyson with the 40 yard INT/TD
    [​IMG]

Geoff Rivera with is first INT
    [​IMG]

2. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

what was the score?

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Nice Write-Up Man! I love the plethora of pics and vids... Keep up the good work!

4. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

:D

Georgia 51
    South Carolina 14

5. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Georgia 50 @ Miss State 23

This game was a battle the entire first half. We traded scores in the first quarter 7-7. I got good field position but couldn't get going so I punted it and they had to take over at the 1. They got out of there but got a clipping call that sent them all the way back. Then Jeremy Longo beat the LT and picked up the safety. I come out and Logan Gray hooks up with Tony Wilson to give me a 9 point lead so I figure okay I got this under control. I force a 3 and out and Carlton Thomas takes the punt but fumbles and they run it in for a score! Marlon Brown take the ensuing kickoff back 94 yards as the half ends we go into halftime 22-17. I come out in the 3rd and pound in two TD's with Richard Samuel and Caleb King. Starting the 4th quarter they score but fail on the two point conversion. Richard Samuel punches in a 5 yarder and AJ Green scores on a 9 yard pass to finish out the scoring.

This wasn't my best game my secondary had hands of stone. They dropped about 5-8 easy interceptions that went straight to them. Gray didn't have his best game but the run game stepped up and we won easy in the end.

Logan Gray 10-14 223 yards 2 TD 2 INT
    Richard Samuel 23 ATT 150 yards 3 TD
    Caleb King 5 ATT 27 yards 1 TD
    AJ Green 4 REC 98 yards 1 TD
    Marlon Brown 3 REC 42 yards
    Tony Wilson 2 REC 71 yards 1 TD
    Demarcus Dobbs 8 tackles 4 TFL 3 Sacks
    Jeremy Longo 6 tackles 2 TFL 2 Sacks 1 SFTY
    Akeem Dent 6 tackles
    Brandon Smith 5 Tackles 1 Sack
    Deangelo Tyson 3 Tackles 2 TFL 1 Sack 1 FF
    Darryl Gamble 3 Tackles 1 FF

[youtube]bvkwPbqwpz4[/youtube]

Jeremy Longo Safety
    [​IMG]

Tony Wilson Wide Open
    [​IMG]

Tony Wilson Catch in traffic
    [​IMG]

Richard Samuel celebrates 1 of his 3 scores
    [​IMG]

AJ Green with the leaping reception
    [​IMG]

AJ Green celebrates a TD with TE Aron White
    [​IMG]

6. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Arkansas 24 Georgia 38

Week 5 brought the first true test for Georgia in this 2010 season. Arkansas won the toss and decided to kickoff to Georgia. On the very first drive Caleb King gashed the Arkansas defense for a 64 yard score. Not to be outdone Arkansas came back strong with two scores to take a 14-7 lead after the 1st quarter. Georgia came out in the 2nd quarter and Richard Samuel scored on a 12 yard option play. Arkansas was held on the next drive but kicker A Tejada had other ideas and banged in a 52 yard FG. Georgia drove down again and scored on a 2 yard run by Chapas to take 21-17 lead at halftime. The 3rd quarter saw Georgia and Arkansas trade touchdowns. On on a 14 yard pass to AJ Green and a 4 yard run by B Green for Arkansas. Early in the 4th quarter Georgia drove down inside the 20 but failed on 3rd down. So we kicked the FG and took the 7 point lead. Arkansas drove down to about the red zone with a little more than 2 minutes left in the game. Then on pass play Longo got instant pressure on Youngblood who floated a quick pass 10-15 yards down field into tight coverage. B Smith picked it up turns around throws a spin move on Youngblood and taks it 89 yards to the house. Arkansas got the ball back but at this point it was over and they turned it over on downs.

Great game bkhogfan51. My apologies on not knowing I couldn't use aggressive d line I hadn't seen it in the rules. Are we aloud to use any of the custom stuff? The two missed FG's and turnover at the end really did you in.

Game Stats

Logan Gray 10-15 145 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Richard Samuel 21 ATT 122 yards 1 TD
    Caleb King 6 ATT 98 yards 1 TD
    Shaun Chapas 2 ATT 6 yards 1 TD
    AJ Green 4 REC 60 yards 1 TD
    Tony Wilson 1 REC 46 yards
    Richard Samuel 3 REC 17 yards
    Reshad Jones 8 tackles 1 TFL
    Akeem Dent 8 tackles
    Demarcus Dobbs 4 tackles 2 Sacks
    Jeremy Longo 3 tackles 1 Sack
    Brandon Smith 2 tackles 1 INT 89 yard return TD

Jim Youngblood 20-34 400 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    Broderick Green 11 ATT 42 yards 1 TD
    Deanthony Curtis 6 REC 80 yards
    Carlton Salters 6 REC 93 yards 1 TD
    DJ Williams 4 REC 155 yards 1 TD
    Jerry Franklin 9 tackles 1 TFL 1 FF
    Steve Douglas 8 tackles
    Curtis Simmons 7 tackles 1 TFL
    Nate Anderson 1 FR

[youtube]FMvduE5WavA[/youtube]

[youtube]Qrr3HUMwl0[/youtube]

[youtube]tisCnHIpQSY[/youtube]

[youtube]cjkqOGpJ1BI[/youtube]

[youtube]O1ToKlN7txk[/youtube]

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Hey man I dnt think it's illegal but it's been discussed on multiple occassions, it's just not a thing we should use alot, makes runnng game very difficult

I use conservative on catching and that's it's

8. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

#15 Tennessee 10 @ #25 Georgia 28

This was a big game for Georgia with 12 kids in for visits this week. Unfortunately it was horrible rainy weather for this game. Both teams did little in the first quarter. The only score of the 1st quarter was setup by a Sanders Commings INT deep in Tennessee territory which lead to a Richard Samuel rushing touchdown. Richard Samuel scored another rushing touchdown late in he 2nd quarter giving Georgia a 14-0 lead. Tennessee was able to get a FG before the end of the half making it 14-3 Georgia up at halftime. Tavarres King scored the only touchdown of the 3rd quarter on a 18 yard pass from Logan Gray. Tavarres was in because AJ Green had been knocked out for the quarter by Eric Berry. Richard Samuel scored again in the 4th quarter giving Georgia a 28-3 lead. Georgia had the ball with 1 min left so it was time to run out the clock. I pulled King and Samuel so nothing happened to them. Sophomore Carlton Thomas comes in and promptly fumbles the ball away to Tennessee who takes it all the way back to my one yard line. Only to be forced into a 4th and goal to score :mad:. I don't think Carlton Thomas will be seeing the ball again this season.

Logan Gray 6-19 118 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    Richard Samuel 23 ATT 134 yards 3 TD
    Caleb King 8 ATT 42 yards
    Tavarres King 2 REC 29 yards 1 TD
    Tony Wilson 2 REC 29 yards
    AJ Green 1 REC 27 yards
    Deangelo Tyson 9 tackles 3 TFL 1 Sack
    Akeem Dent 8 tackles 1 TFL
    Reshad Jones 6 tackles
    Jeremy Longo 6 tackles 1 TFL
    Sanders Commings 3 tackles 1 INT

Tavarres King TD
    [​IMG]

Tony Wilson makes the grab in front of the S
    [​IMG]

Sanders Commings INT
    [​IMG]

9. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

#9 Houston 3 @ #7 Georgia 48

This game looked like it could have been big time. The only thing that was big time was the way Houston got torched. We can put Houston on the list of pretenders in the race for the national championship. For the second straight game Logan Gray was lighting up the opponents secondary. Gray was 15-31 for 341 yards 4 TD and 0 INT. Richard Samuel was strong on the ground rushing 19 times for 136 yards and 2 scores. AJ Green set the Georgia record for most yards in a game with 225 on 8 REC 3 TD. Marlon Brown caught 2 passes for 49 yards and 1 TD. Tight end Bruce Figgins had 3 REC for 34 yards. The Georgia defense was all over the field frustrating the Houston offense. Akeem Dent had 8 Tackles 1 Sack. Deangelo Tyson was upset when he did not garner POW honors last week and boy did it show. Tyson had 8 tackles 6 TFL and 3 Sacks. Rennie Curran had 6 tackles 1 TFL and 1 INT. Next week is a huge game in the SEC for Georgia as they face off with #1 Florida.

easportswolrd is updating the site so I will load pictures later. :D

10. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

#9 Georgia 35 @ #22 Auburn 17

This game started off very well for Georgia. Georgia won the toss and decided to kickoff to Auburn. On the first drive Auburn threw a INT to Rennie Curran setting up the Georgia offense deep in Auburn territory. The Georgia offense punched it in from the 7 yard line on a Richard Samuel rush. Not a lot happened until the later half of the 2nd quarter. Auburn drove down but failed to score and kicked a FG 7-3 Georgia up. Georgia came back with a drive capped off by a 3 yard rushing score by Richard Samuel 14-3 Georgia. The 3rd quarter saw most of the scoring in this game. Logan Gray threw a horrible pass off his back foot to start the 3rd that got picked off. On the very next play Akeem Dent caught the option pitch(controlled by me ;)). Shaun Chapas punched one in from the 1 yard line to give Georgia a 21-3 lead. Auburn hit on a blown coverage bomb over the top of Jones for a huge gain. Luckily for the Georgia defense the ball hung up long enough that Jones got back to make the tackle. He was a good 20-30 yards behind when the ball went up. Auburn was able to punch it in on 3rd and goal with a 7 yard pass play. On the ensuing kickoff Marlon Brown took it back 95 yards breaking the will of the Auburn faithful. Late in the 4th quarter Georgia was trying to run out the clock. I was worried my guys were going to fumble or get hurt with all the personal foul fasemasks so we dialed up the screen pass on 3rd and short. Richard Samuel caught the ball and broke one tackle instantly. He then broke through another tackle/strip attempt. Then 3 guys converged on him and he carried those players a few yards giving Georgia a huge first down. Figgins later caught a 8 yard pass from Gray to make is 35-10. Auburn was able to score with 43 seconds left failed on the onside kick game over.

Stats

Georgia

Logan Gray 9-14 137 yards 1 TD 2 INT
    Richard Samuel 21 ATT 88 yards 2 TD
    Zach Renner 7 ATT 37 yards
    Shaun Chapas 2 ATT 11 yards 1 TD
    Marlon Brown 3 REC 50 yards
    Bruce Figgins 2 REC 14 yards 1 TD
    Tony Wilson 2 REC 35 yards
    Richard Samuel 2 REC 34 yards
    Zach Renner 1 REC 16 yards

Darryl Gamble 8 tackels
    John Knox 8 tackles 1 tackle for loss
    Akeem Dent 7 tackles 1 tackle for loss 1 FR
    Jeremy Longo 4 tackles 3 tackles for loss 2 sacks
    Rennie Curran 3 tackles 1 tackle for loss 1 INT
    Reshad Jones 3 tackles 1 INT

Marlon Brown 3 KR 149 yards 1 TD

Auburn

Kodi Burns 16-29 267 yards 1 TD 2 INT
    Oonterio McCalebb 11 ATT 24 yards
    Kodi Burns 5 ATT -12 yards 1 TD
    Derek Winter 5 REC 73 yards
    Chris Slaughter 2 REC 89 yards
    Phillip Lutzenkirche 1 REC 7 yards 1 TD
    Zac Eteridge 10 tackles 1 INT
    Eric Horne 9 tackles
    Spencer Pybus 8 tackles 2 tackles for loss
    Craig Stevens 6 tackles 1 FF
    Taikwon Paige 5 tackles 1 tackle for loss 1 FF
    Brandon Flowers 4 tackles 1 INT
    Freddie Smooth 2 tackles 1 sack
    Dante Hood 1 tackle FR
    Mike Blanc 3 tackles 1 tackle for loss 1 FR

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

You can't get a facemask when running a pass play?? Didn't know that...I'll have to remember that one

12. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

What does that have to do with anything? Maybe I didn't want my RB fumbling again like they did the drive before inside the 20 yard line. Maybe the fact that I didn't want my RB to get hurt because Caleb King is already been hurt for 5 weeks. Your not even in this OD so you can save your snide comments Cimmy.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Easy Tiger....

14. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Almost forgot we broke out the black shirts for the very first time this game. Videos from the game.

[youtube]o2x1vzdrV7I[/youtube]

[youtube]cW9oAJj5uCE[/youtube]

[youtube]47yI6rqYDeQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Aws9mSIy3eY[/youtube]