Georgia 31, Clemson 20

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, May 16, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia 31, Clemson 20

Georgia survives in a game where the offense bordered on atrocious.

Of course that was not in a vacuum as the Clemson defense is very talented and played well in this particular game... for the most part. Two very important missed opportunities basically lost Clemson this game.

Clemson had the only score of the first quarter, a 20-yard field goal after they were stopped near the goal line. In that first quarter with the UGA offense sputtering there was a wide open interception attempt in the flat that was dropped, would have been a TD. Another first half missed opportunity was a floating duck when Roberson was hit, and nobody could come down with it in a pack of Clemson defenders.

Georgia took the lead on a 2-yard run by Curtis Bower, who was the star of this game. Clemson countered with another field goal and it was 7-6 after a very defensive oriented first half although Clemson was moving the ball quite well.

In the second half I made a couple of manual plays that helped overcome an overall lack of team "fire" if you will. First play of the second half Clemson tries to go off tackle and Marques Brown eludes all the blockers and just destroys Smith, separating the ball. DT Davis picked it up and returned it for a touchdown, 14-6 UGA.

Later in the quarter (not sure when) I picked off a relatively deep pass with my middle linebacker as it looked like that would be the read. Bower put the team on his back, scoring on a 4-yard pass from Roberson (perfect play call, all alone on the screen) and then on a 22-yard run up the middle. Clemson mixed in a 10-yard TD pass in that third quarter and it was 28-13 heading into the final stanza.

The defenses regained some control and we managed a 44-yard FG late in the 4th. Clemson scored a touchdown to make the score look a lil better.

GG Coleman your team played well but missed a couple of chances....

Players of the game:

DE Rich Beck: 6 tackles, 4 TFL, 4 Sacks
    HB Curtis Bower: 21 Car, 114 Yds, 5.4 Avg, 2 TD / 2 Rec, 9 Yds, TD

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Im not going to respond to this thread. ;)

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

When will your putrid luck run out?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

When he stops blaming his wins on luck and starts to take credit for recruiting the best players and utilizing them in the best ways.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

well think of it this way If you guys pick off that one pass and the HB holds on to the ball when i whack him, you win. That's two relatively small differences, if you want me to beat my chest about THIS win you're barking up the wrong tree.