Georgia 48 @ Florida 41

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, May 2, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia 48 @ Florida 41

Well it's a neutral site supposedly but they had some home-field advantage going on.

I was interested to see what kind of player HotRod is. I already knew he was good, I wanted to see what he does. I have come to the conclusion that he can be any type of player you want.

2-wide execution master? Yep

5-wide bomb you out? Yep

In the end what he wants to do is pass, but I think he might be a better runner. He takes a LOT of chances with the ball and I was surprised we only made him pay once today. Nevertheless he is an amazingly good passer. I'd say that it was my superior team that allowed me to win this game but my team didn't do a cot damn thing all day on defense. We both have speed where it matters, HB and WR, and on defense none of my speed helped at all. Every single play we made on D today was user. Pick, forced fumble manually, otherwise my team just basically stood watching Florida execute their post routes.

We started out the game by getting an interception and returning it 74 yards. FS Aaron Wallace was gonna watch it go in front of him but I grabbed him and picked it off, then he starts breaking tackles and 74 yards later it's 7-0.

Florida had an answer as a perfect drive later it was tied up on an 11-yard run by the QB. I made a horrible play there to allow it, missing a slow QB in the open field with a fast linebacker :eek:

The very next play we hit WR Lee in the flat with a screen pass. He did the typical NCAA 10 "catch the ball facing the wrong way" shit but the blocking was so perfect it didn't matter. Hotrod plays 85% zone so this was part of our game plan once we got a look at him. 14-7.

Florida answered with another great drive but we finally got some kind of stop and forced a long field goal. 14-10. They forced a stop and once again went unimpeded to the end zone, finishing up with a 2-yard run. 17-14 UF.

Curtis Bower made a few nice runs before his inevitable injury and we passed it well too on a long drive that resulted in a 6-yard Bower TD run, 21-17 UGA. Florida kicked a field goal before halftime to make it 21-20, UGA.

In the third quarter the defenses actually got a couple of stops. The big defensive play of the second half for me came when he spread us out, hit a guy coming open into a seam of the zone and Marques Brown (me of course not my fucking player) went over and popped him, forcing the ball loose. We jumped on it for a fumble return. We got a 2-yard touchdown run out of FB Bryan West which gave us a 28-20 advantage.

In the fourth we opened with another short touchdown run by West, who hasn't been as big a part of the offense this year but is still dangerous. 35-20 and I knew it wasn't even close to being over.

Stupidly I aided and abetted the next score by being overly aggressive with a blitz, we missed one tackle and it was a 65-yard score by Brooks who is very dangerous. They failed on the 2-point conversion attempt, 35-26.

Maybe the forced fumble came here but we got a stop of some kind after our own drive didn't work out, then we hit Shawn Lee for a 51-yard bomb against a crappy zone coverage, UF just mis-executed the play it looked like. 41-26 after we failed the 2-point attempt. I still knew it wasn't over.

We at least made them work for the next one, it took them a whole minute to get a long drive and a 1-yard touchdown pass to Brooks. 41-33.

Just trying to bleed the clock out and Mike Hudson broke a 61-yard touchdown run which meant another score for Florida and a 48-41 final score.

the final damage (florida's offense): 26 first downs, 529 yards of offeense, 474 of them in the air. Winning the turnover battle 2-0 helped and we managed to escape with our season intact.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Sounds like a freaking helluva game. HotRods passing game is super slick. I'm glad someone was able to break those zone blitzes down because UNC sure as hell couldn't do it. Good stuff boys.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Passing is my strength. I did break a few good runs but I got into a zone passing late in the 1st half and stuck with the passing as I thought it would give be the best chance to win.

Giving up those big plays for TD killed us in key moments in the game where we were gaining momentum. The busted coverage on the Shawn Lee TD pissed me off something serious. The safety didn't go over to that side of the field like he was supposed to.

In the end the Dawgs made the plays they needed to when it really mattered. The Gators played their ass off, especially Brooks who has been awesome for me as of late. Sucks I only get one season to use him.

GG Helli, you team is tough to defend. I had to play a lot of zone because we don't have the speed to match up with your WRs.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The bottom line is that if I want to have any shot at getting another championship in NCAA 11 I will need to play at least twice as much probably 3x as I do now. T1 is now a different animal.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Busted coverages? Who? What? Oh yea I have seen that also.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL hey it don't matter unless you make the right read when they happen baby yeah! lol jk

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

Georgia's <FREAKS> continue to make it happen.