Georgia/Alabama - Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Nov 21, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

bsbgw1 - what is your availability like this week. If we advance at 9 PM EST tonight, I can play as long as we kickoff by 10:30 PM EST. Tomorrow and Wednesday I am free from 7:00 PM-10:30 PM EST. I can play up till 11:30 PM each night, but the game needs to be finished by that time. I will be gone Thursday without Xbox access, so I need to play before that day.

2. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

I can play today sometime. I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoonish so it would have to be early tomorrow if that was the case

3. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

bravejaf

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I can play in 10 minutes if you want to play

5. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

done

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Not sure if HovaTheGodMC wants to sim the game or if I should go on AP. I put myself on AP from D-Wire, just to be safe.

7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

What happened? Looked like you guys were hooking up last night.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We tried but kept getting disconnected before we could even start the game. Last night was our only shot to play since he will be out of town the next 2 days. I won't be around till after 8 tonight, so no shot at trying again. I personally believe the game should be simmed but that decision falls on Hova, not me.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This is a tough call since its braves router that is causing the D/C because bsb is hard wired. This will also be a problem going forward if we cannot find a solution

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I play/have played people in T3, Huddle and Alumni Nation with no trouble and my connection has been the same since the game was released in July. It is your call, I'm just stating a fact. The only times I have experienced this problem is with KillerNuts, not counting bowl games where everyone has problems.

11. Hova

It's different with every person. Your router has a closed port that is not working with him. I know there is a way to open the common ports in your router settings... maybe Keller or @shaunmason can help

12. Hova

13. MoonBBad

At this point it doesn't matter if they can open the port or not... They cannot play the game since they are both not available at the same time. My vote is to sim it as well. I think it is the most fair. Unless someone wants to sub for Bama if that's possible...

14. MoonBBad

It just really sucks because this game is a #1 going against a #12... Plus they are divisional rivals so there is a lot on the line.

15. MoonBBad

16. Hova

It still has to be fixed going forward, We can sim this if you are going to try and solve the issue in the future. It can't just be a sim every year.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Will be good information to know for future cases, but may be too late for this game. BSBGW said he is leaving in the early afternoon and I won't be home from work till at least 8 tonight. That is why we attempted to play last night.

I will check with my roommate on the router issue. He also works in computer field, but he wasn't around last night when I was trying to play this game.

18. MoonBBad

Can you tell me the brand of router you have (Make and model)?

19. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would try eliminating the routers entirely from the equation first to see if that does in fact fix your problem.

As far as fixing the router - each is different. There are plenty of tutorials online, however, that should make it a breeze.

20. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

I am back home today from tuscaloosa and we aren't leaving until tomorrow now. I brought the game in case and we can try again tonight if you want. I won't have the game from wednesday until sunday sometime for sure though.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I should be available from 8-11 EST to play, if you want to try again. I do have another game to play in T3, probably at 8 PM EST. I will double check with my opponent and give you a better timeline.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Playing my T3 game now, will be free after that is completed.

23. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

i actually can't here because i don't have the online pass. :/

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Thats fine, I'm ok with a sim since we both tried and it just didn't work out. Hopefully we have better luck next season, or the conference championship at the end of this season.