Georgia beats old foe Alabama convincingly

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, May 31, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia beats old foe Alabama convincingly

Alabama and Georgia staged a shootout in the first quarter when it looked like nobody was going to get a stop all day. But then the Georgia defense stepped up and started making things happen. Meanwhile, the Crimson Tide never got a handle on the UGA offense as the Bulldogs won by a final of 42-16.

Bama won the toss and elected to kick, and Georgia was immediately moving the ball on the ground then went to play action and a 41-yard touchdown pass to freshman Chris Johnson that just looked too easy. Alabama had a look that I recognized here and read cover zero blitz the whole way. 7-0 Bulldogs.

Alabama's Sterling Duckett had an immediate reponse breaking a 60-yard run down the left side with great blocking. Shortly thereafter QB Early Johnson made a great decision to scramble in from 11 yards out as the UGA defense forgot about him. - 7-7

Georgia responded with another long drive where it seemed that everything we tried worked pretty well. Our offensive line had maybe its best day ever paving the way for 529 yards of total offense, including 290 on the ground (7.07 yard average), and allowing no sacks. We scored on a 2-yard plunge from Mike Hudson, who was later hurt for the next 7 weeks due to a big hit he sustained. 14-7 Bulldogs

Once again it looked like Bama was going to move down the field with no problem and score but once in range he got conservative and had to kick a field goal. 14-10 Bulldogs

The last score of the first half came on a big formation where we came out ready to pass after successive running plays. Freshman TE M. Clark was wide open and went 30 yards for the score. 21-10 UGA

Bama had the ball first in the second half but couldn't do anything with it. We scored 21 consecutive points in the quarter to put the game away early. FB Bryan West took a quick pass in the flat and rumbled 27 yards for a score. He also had a long run in the first quarter where he shook off several tackle attempts, he looked good today.

FS Aaron Wallace who I think is probably Fosh's most hated player on my team then made a great play in the flat picking off a pass and returning it 26 yards for a touchdown.

With Mike Hudson hurt we turned the game over to freshman Greg Larson who was a real find as a 3-star and put his abililties on display with 100 yards. He took it in from 4 yards out late in the third quarter to give us a 42-10 lead.

Alabama scored in the fourth quarter on a 4-yard Sterling Duckett run and couldn't convert the 2-point attempt.

Our team was not just physical today, they executed to perfection. After Hudson went down both our 2nd and 3rd running backs cracked the 100 yard mark, and QB Kevin Booker went 15-17, 239 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 0 sacks.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

Everyone complained about the Bama pass rush. Well this season they have none....or atleast it did not travel to Athens. Georgia went 15-17 and I think 15 were in a row!!!

Coach Hellisan had them prepared and it showed. The first half was just to wear the Tide down, the second half they just knocked us out.

GG Helli, nice play calling on offense and defense.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It did seem like you guys missed Singleton, big time. We were getting rid of the ball very quickly but in looking at the replay of the PA for a TD it was perfect protection, I mean you don't see that very often.

GG, thanks Josh.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wow helli u tried PA pass? U nutz?? Lol. Good stuff Georgia.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I might run 1-2 a game max, which helps with the effectiveness somewhat.

Thx, nice to get a win I can enjoy.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I see that........doh