Georgia Bulldogs 2013-2014 Season Preview

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by macc24usc, Jun 19, 2013.

1. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

qb murray.jpg
    Sr. QB #11 Aaron Murray 96OVR
    - Unquestioned leader of this team. 4 year veteran who is the only QB in SEC history to pass for 3,000 yards 3 straight seasons. A poised drop back passer who has improved his yardage and touchdown totals each year. He limited 386 attempts last season to just 10 interceptions and has proven he is a surgeon fitting the ball into tight windows. Murray lost quite a bit of talent at the receiver position this season, but we expect young players to emerge with his coaches track record. Murray expects to have himself among the top Draft Pick prospects by the years end and would love to finally capture himself an SEC title.

rb gurley.jpg
    So. RB #3 Todd Gurley 92OVR
    - One half of the running back tandem hauled in last years recruiting class, the more productive of the two Gurley ran for nearly 1400 yards last year and 17TDs. A between the tackles runner with a nose for the endzone, he is a load to bring down and he was likely the nations most productive freshman in the year. Gurley's 1400 yard season in the SEC his first year is nightmareish to think about future potential - but we believe his production may be less relied upon with the vast improvements of fellow 5* recruit Keith Marshall making strides learning his teams new playbook this spring. Either way, expect 2000+ yards from these two combined again this season.

rb marshall.jpg
    So. RB #4 Keith Marshall 89 OVR
    - The other half of the thunder and lightning sophmore combo the Dawgs call theirs for the next 2 seasons at bare minimum. Marshall comes in a consensus 5star running back and former North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year during his senior season. Although Gurley got more carries and yardage last year, look out for Marshall to explode. Clearly the speed threat within the combo, he's going to be asked to catch passes out of the backfield and could be a big factor in that area. I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall is used as the "primary back" but Gurley provides a nice change of pace. This will be a dual backfield that likely combines as the top SEC running back duo.

lb vaser.jpg
    Sr. LOLB #33 Chase Vasser 88 OVR
    - Coaching staff has seen vast improvements in Vasser's game heading into his senior season. He's constantly aware and around the ball, or where it is going. He is a quick twitch backer who can disrupt running plays as well as rush the passer. His linebacker coach expects his biggest season thus far and as the top rated defensive player on a unit that lost SEVEN players to the NFL Draft within the first 5 rounds.

t gates.jpg
    Sr. LT #72 Kenarious Gates 87 OVR
    - The senior anchor on the offensive line has piled up over 25 starts in his time at Georgia, just a three-star prospect by just one major recruiting site Gates is the definition of a hard worker and kid who picked a good scheme. He's cut weight from nhis 6-7 320 lbs frame and is playing at a quicker level. He can disable weakside rushers and should be the out spoken leader of his unit.

c andrews.jpg
    Jr. C #61 David Andrews 87 OVR
    In the SEC, if you don't have at least two of your top 10 players on your offensive line, you're likely in for a world of hurt. We saw the recent success of Texas A&M and many would point out look no further than 2nd overall pick Luke Joeckel. David Andrews is another leader on this team who has appeared in 24 games. Andrews started all 14 games last season, which should benefit him heading into his junior year. Regarded as a 3star product in high school Andrews is an athletic center who can get out there and infront of guys.

dl smith.jpg
    Sr. LE #56 Garrison Smith 87OVR
    Smith figures to have a big part of this defensive line this year as the teams most experienced guy on the unit. He's joined by highly ranked junior Ray Drew as well and should combine to be a very productive duo from those edge spots. The SEC is dominated by lethal defensive lineman and Garrison Smith may be primed to be the next big one.

qb mason.jpg
    Jr. QB #14 Hutson Mason 86OVR
    It remains to be seen how incoming freshman Brice Ramsey pans out at the college level. He's just getting his feet wet with the college speed and a complete new system so expect him to be on the shelf this year while Hutson has moved himself firmly into the #2 spot as a backup role to Murray. QB depth is a very high priority for Coach Macc so having a 3 year experienced QB around is a plus. If Hutson sticks around, he likely battles next year with Ramsey for Murray's spot.

de drew.jpg
    Jr. RE #47 Ray Drew 86OVR
    Drew has racked up 20 starts in just two seasons at UGA and the coaches value him high on their board as a playmaker from the right side. He was more visable on the stat sheet behind the line of scrimmage in his freshman year so expect Macc's attacking style to spike his stats a bit. He's a matured ready to play third year player whose transitioned well to the new system.

lynch.jpg
    Sr. TE #88 Arthur Lynch 86OVR
    Lynch is a 5th year senior who figures to be the highest rated pass catcher on the team. Macc has been known to use all of his weapons in the passing game so expect Lynch to receive targets all over the field. Murray has established a good connection with him and he's a consistent route runner.

jandy LongGONE24 CJTHA1 Boraby TheMNorthFace MrWitness36 cyhiphopp Glen Cieske Antonio T. Crumbler81 cmassey13 Rekkapryde

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Great stuff LongGONE24. I'm really interested to see how you balance the two running back system. The person who I think had the most success with it in '13 was Glen, and it was a pain in the ass to stop when he mixed a power guy (white guy whose name slips my memory) and a speed guy (dont remember his name either, but I know he wore #8) -- Glen can fill in the blanks there haha. Any idea what kind of playbook you'll be running with this year? Maybe you could split back sometimes with those two. It's a shame that UGA doesn't have a stud receiver because I know how much you love to throw it around and user catch, but this gives you a chance to recruit the next Marcus Johnson (hopefully this one is actually good and not some schlub bust :doodie:)

jandy cyhiphopp Glen Cieske cmassey13 Boraby TheMNorthFace Jbek ssuwr86 MrWitness36 CJTHA1
    -- looking forward to learning some about your teams as we move closer to release over the next three weeks (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Marcus is without question a top 3 receiver of all time Chompions History, I'm fairly certain of that. He was a clutch preformer in every user game he played in and was almost never shut out. I still don't forget the 3TD 4th quarter he had vs you when I drew close but you'd destroyed me before hand to make it even relevant. Marcus may have been a bust but he made plays in 13 consistently I had not seen that animation for. I would be thrilled to have another 77OVR WR coming in with his skill set.

4. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

And to answer your question I will likely mess around with a few playbooks before it's set in stone. I really like what Coach Sark runs in Seattle, it reminds me of the 2002-2008 Trojans. I will likely try to use the Thunder/Lightning combination and likely try and spell both backs in and out and try to utilize their skillsets. I've had success running the ball out of Power Sets just as well as Read Option which wasn't much in my playbook. I may be testing out some dual threat QBs prior to our OD to see how that does as well. I think this may be the year I really open the playbook up and try some new stuff. Can't wait to play tonight after the hockey game.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time, but let's be honest -- you pumped up that guy throughout the recruiting process w/o scouting him, made him out to be the messiah, and then he was a bust ratings wise, so that was very funny. I will concede that he made plays I hadn't seen made before animation-wise, but top 3 receiver in Chompions League History? That's a tough call because I can already name a better two. cmassey13 with Joey Dorsey. And the actual messiah, Ray Hall.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

In Ray We Trust

That guy single handedly beat me in the Big10 Championship. 2 punt return TDs and big catches as well.

I have flashbacks whenever I punt.

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If I remember correctly he had 2 returns in our regular season meeting, which I won in overtime. In the B1G title he helped me comeback and caught a game-winner on the last play of the game. My favorite player from any installment of NCAA

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, I think you are right. I didn't remember the exact details, just the pain.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

However, I can say I think I had the best TE in Chompions history. 2 time Mackey award winner and led the team in receiving both of those years. His backup was almost as good. I loved running two TE sets with them. Really beefed up the runing game with just as much passing threat. Gant loved those guys too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

That guy had so many big plays against me its not even funny

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha sorry for hijacking your thread, boss. After playing 8 great seasons of CL its hard not to look back on some of the greats. But since I can still see your deleted posts, I'll leave with this.

In his four-year career Hall scored a total of 106 touchdowns, 62 of those being receiving touchdowns, and amassed 5881 total yards. In his senior season he won the Heisman by scoring 39 total touchdowns, scoring three walk-off touchdowns, the last being in the national championship to give my program its first crystal ball. Ray Hall did it all :love:

12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Hahah my immediate response was second thought and irrational. I assume I built too much an affinity for MJ88.

By those numbers Hall had him beat by a long shot.