Georgia downs Clemson in turnover-marred affair

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia downs Clemson in turnover-marred affair

Let's go for the Helli hat trick... Can... it... happen?

Georgia 38, Clemson 24 in a game that started out bad for Georgia. First pass of the game, Shawn Lee gets de-cleated and gives it up. One of three fumbles for turnovers on the day for Georgia, moments later Parham throws a nice pass to McKinney for a 30-yard touchdown.

Jake Rogers evened things up post-haste, returning the ensuing kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown, 7-7.

Things started to slow down a bit as both teams had to punt, and a Parham interception led to an 8-yard touchdown run by Curtis Bower who looked like he was going to be tough on the interior today. That is until he got hurt for the next 9 weeks in the second half. 14-7 UGA

This became a game of wits in the second quarter as both teams saw what the other brought to bear. After a motion-fullback dive on the previous drive, Georgia got into scoring range and called a motion pass where the fullback sneaks upfield then breaks out, he caught the pass all alone, I think they were expecting him to get it on the handoff.

The teams traded field goals to go into halftime UGA ahead, 24-10.

Clemson made it a game with a touchdown midway through the third quarter following a bad throw by QB Nick Murray. "I hit the right button but accidentally tapped it," Murray would say later. 24-17

Georgia would answer with a big play as Murray dropped back and noticed just a three-man rush. Taking his time, the zone finally broke down and he found Lee all alone, Lee then outmaneuvered a couple of players for a 57-yard score, 31-17 UGA.

Fullback Brian West made his second big play of the game early in the fourth quarter following another Parham interception. He took a handoff headed for the gut, saw everybody on the Tigers defense headed inside, and broke it outside, catching a couple of perfect blocks for a 36-yard touchdown run. 38-17, UGA.

Parham continued to struggle, throwing another interception. He had 5 on the day and was also sacked 5 times. His talent is undeniable but look for him to really mature in the next year. Coleman made a couple bad reads but for the most part it was Parham missing his guys, sometimes by a big margin. Clemson did get a touchdown in the final minutes to make the final score 38-24, UGA

Player of the game candidates included Jake Rogers (KR TD, INT) and Shawn Lee (100+ yards, TD)

GG Coleman

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This Georgia team is real dangerouse. I couldnt find a weakness anywhere as their line got pressure, their defensive backs ran stride for stride with our receivers, and everytime we mad a mistake the Bulldogs didnt drop the ball.

Parham was all over the place early especially on his second pick when he overthrew an open 6'4" receiver over the middle right into the cornerbacks arms. Mostly though his interceptions were caused by bad reads due to a good mix of defensive playcalling, and just the overall speed to close passing lanes quickley.

Bower was a beast and Jackson was burning us on those outside runs. We are starting to get a good reputation for injuring other teams players. One thing about our defense is they always hit hard, too bad they are not very smart.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Doh! Hat trick averted. (n)

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I didn't like it when I typed it either.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha it would have been the third game report in a row without a reply... Started to wonder why I type this shit up. Clemson has a ton of talent and I think next year... watch the fuck out ACC. Once parham is settled down on the road etc... God he's tough to stop in the open field like a fucking train.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah he's a big kid. Kind off looks like Peyton Manning in the pocket, too bad he will never pass like him. A lot of young talent on offense that we are evualiting, especially at receiver where I had to bench my #1 receiver early for dropping 2 passes.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I spied him with the best athlete on my team and he shook him then 20 yards later we finally brought him down lol....

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Wish I couldve seen this game--NFL talent all over the field. We joke that the SEC has all the talent in the OD, but Climpsun has ballers everywhere--especially on D. My conservative ball carry is alway on deck against the Tigers--they will hit the shit outta ya. UGA looks to be hitting on all cylinders this year. Could it all be for naught pending the reults of the SEC championship? The beat goes on. Nice game boys.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

BTW Helli, this season gets the biggest asterisk ever if you win it all after a sim victory over UT. Sorry bra, that's just how it is :D

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fuck I don't give a shit... At least I've beaten Rusty recently unlike... well... MOST OF YOU.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

I forgot about Parham. The "Wizzard" but better. I need to scout this new Georgia offense. But I'm more concerned with trying to figure out Blaza 46 points against Mo and 6 against Cole??

Good win Helli nice job.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Bama will rip UNC....no worries there. Nice win helli! Vtech is lurking

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There's really no new Georgia offense. We're still winning games with special teams, defense, and the occasional big play on offense. We're not possessing the ball even though I try to. For some reason my idea of "solving" a defense either results in a big play or nothing. I hate it. I want to work T.O.P. like I do against the cpu but it just doesn't happen. I think I had 11 first downs yesterday... ugh.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

"chew clock" on will solve that!

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fosh is the human "chew clock."

He was actually pretty decent against Aub. but I don't expect the same treatment, I'm sure he'll be milking that bitch like always.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

Just for you!!!! Where is Blaza? I want to get that game scheduled.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

he is at home waiting to play....broadcast...I am bored at work!!