Georgia/Florida go to OT where Georgia pulls it out, 40-37

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia/Florida go to OT where Georgia pulls it out, 40-37

One of the best games I've been involved with the entire dynasty. Looking over the depth charts before the game I just didn't see how they would really stay with us.

Well... A little Hotrod luck and my team at times playing lackadaisically and there you have it, close game. We threatened to put it away early but UF just kept fighting back, it was pretty incredible.

We scored a touchdown on the opening kickoff tot ake a 7-0 lead, they came right back and scored on a 49-yard run to tie it up. Great play by Hotrod there.

We kicked consecutive field goals after getting a stop and took a 13-7 lead. Then early in the 2nd quarter Booker threw a 34-yard touchdown pass to Chris Johnson. Florida battled back with two 45-yard field goals, the second after we threw a pretty bad interception. At halftime we had a 20-13 lead.

They took the kickoff in the 2nd half and quickly moved the ball down and scored, on a 20-yard pass. That tied the game at 20-20.

We came back a few minutes later to score on a 7-yard pass from Booker to freshman Brian Coleman. They tied it up again on a 2-yard pass from Stewart to Paris.

We responded with a surprisingly easy three-play drive that resulted in a 25-yard touchdown run by Freshman Tommy Davis. Defense was a big part of this game and both teams played good defense in the fourth quarter. The Gators were able to get a touchdown to tie the game with 0:54 seconds to go and then stopped us from getting into field goal range (or even close).

All day our offensive line was atrocious. Actually, both teams gave up 6 sacks but mine were coming on all-out blitzes and they just seemed to have guys running free. I paused the game in the 4th and replaced both tackles. That seemed to help.

In OT they took the ball first and we got a tackle for a loss then held up two plays in a row against the pass, forcing a field goal.

Three plays later Booker found Chris Johnson again over the middle in the back of the end zone for a game-winning 14-yard score.

We had trouble catching the ball on offense and also dropped 3-4 possible INT that Hotrod tried to gift us too. So while I felt that our team was vastly superior in this matchup I know that Hotrod can even the playing field and he got lucky at times to boot... turned out to be a classic.

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it was a great game. Regarding the sacks, probably half of them were off of just 4 man fronts. I know an early one my end just scooted by your tackle. Another one my DT got through on a stunt. A couple of the sacks I got on your 3rd downs were on blitzes. Comparing the rosters, boy were we at a major disadvantage speed wise. I have no one on offense over speed 90 and it forced me to try to fit passes into tight spots. Half the time I had a guy in my face wile throwing leading to a lot of floaters. Fortunately it didn't hurt me as much as it could have. A dropped pass on my 3rd down in OT did me in, and I knew it. I just knew a FG in OT would be my demise. Helli called the right play against a cover 2 sink as his wr got behind my 1st level and my safeties didn't react when he got into their area.

I'll be looking forward to '11 when I can have more than 1 crack at recruiting and be somewhat at an even playing field to begin with.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah HR you will be fine in 2011. I feel the playing field will be level though in most aspects. Great win helli!

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This....

Last year you at least had weapons on offense, and in this game the defensive speed is a little less important than the plays you're calling. I knew that game wasn't gonna be easy.

Keeping this one close was impressive, lol.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Also... There was one peculiar play in this game where I was controlling a linebacker and got into the backfield and got your QB before he handed off... I've seen that shit many times but that was definitely the first time I've done it manually, I jumped the snap by timing it and nobody blocked me, that was crazy...

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I think for the most part we match up pretty evenly in terms of play styles. I see most of our matchups being close ones.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Most match ups in this league are close and go back and fourth.

There isnt a dominant player in our dynasty, most of the time the games come down to who get more lucky.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha, not this time.

I actually had to pause the game (after a "hit while throwing floater" was caught by his guy then tackled into the end zone for a touchdown, after we had already dropped 2 sure-fire INTs for a TD and another 1-2 INT down the field) and text "you're the luckiest motherfucker I've ever played against."

LOL

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm hoping so because I know I won't be blowing you out... (n)

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah that's no issue, i mean that happens from time to time...

if it becomes an issue and the linemen is 90's and above then well u start to wonder lol.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Are you still in whining mode, lol... I wasn't really referring to that but o.k.... :)

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

ol you nano blitzer you...

[​IMG]

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Get off Helli's dick son. :D

Sounds like a good game. Helli knows how to buckle down with the end-game.

14. KnightNoles

Hey Blaza..... [​IMG]

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Helli is great at dominating once everyones interest but his fades. ;)

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey at least ya know what i'm thinking from one day to the next unlike Rusty "mr. light switch" russell. :D

17. KnightNoles

hahaha, that is great

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Hotrod I was thinking about this game the next day and I remembered a play you made that needed some mention. You were playing coverage and I tried to throw inside of you and you manually batted it down from behind that was a sweet play I wasn't even mad I was like "wow nice play" heh.