Georgia Steals One at Home

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pac12Leader, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

What a game with Hellisan's Aggies. He had the lead the majority of the first half, but Georgia was able to get a stop before halftime. As the Bulldogs drove up field to the 18 yard line they missed a chip shot FG to go ahead.

Halftime 10-10

On the first drive of the second half the Bulldogs had 2nd and inches and tried to impose their will by running up the middle for the first down, but Texas A&M's big defensive tackle met him in the backfield, jarred the ball loose and ran it back for a touchdown. Georgia answered right back with a 10 play drive that was capped off with a 15 yard TD pass.

The fourth quarter is where the game started to get crazy. The game is tied and Hellisan is driving for the go ahead score with 4 minutes to play. He finds a wide open receiver who gets down to the 10 yard line before being met by two Georgia defenders who stripped the ball loose and returned it 90 yards for the go-ahead TD. This was Georgia's first lead of the game, but it didn't last long as as the Aggies scored on an 80 yard over the shoulder catch to the TE on the next play. The Bulldogs were able to get a couple first downs but were caught with a 4th and inches at their own 30 yard line. The ole Pac12Leader took a page right out of Les Miles playbook and tried a fake punt, but it was slammed shut when two defenders stopped the TE in his tracks when he tried to run up the middle.

With 2:30 seconds to go the Aggies just needed to kill clock and kick the game winning field goal, but on their zone run to the left the RG didn't get over fast enough to stop the blitzing Safety from coming right through the middle and stripping the ball loose. Georgia wouldn't spoil the opportunity again and drove all the way up field on a series of runs to score the game winning touchdown with 7 seconds to play.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It was just a weird game. From my perspective we caught zero breaks. We had a fumble caused and returned for a TD but it was a measured hit that would have caused a fumble a lot of the time. We also had I think one pick where the guy was just covered.

Then the 4th down on your own 30, you paused the game and sent me a message asking if it was o.k. to go for it. I started to respond but then heard the game starting back up, couldn't get out of the message. If that had worked with me frantically trying to escape the clutches of the stupid Xbox Live messaging system I don't think I could have not just quit out right there. But to have at least three fumbles, and then fail to recover a fumble that we had dead to rights... I dunno man, I've never had a loss quite like this one.

That wasn't funny, or great, or anything, it was just fucking gay. FUCK

3. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

My bad on sending that message Helli, I paused the game and sent the message and waited until the clock got down to 10 before even picking my stupid fake punt. I didn't know that you had the message open or I would have just paused it, called a timeout and went for it on 4th and inches with your approval. In those questionable situations I will always ask the opponent what they feel is the right thing.

I thought the fake punt was a bit more realistic with what coaches have done this season, but it certainly didn't work quite as planned.

4. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

When I was playing Mississippi State last year we fumbled the ball away at the 15 yard line with 18 seconds to play, I know how it feels to be on the other end.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm over the loss this morning. It was tough last night. But frankly I'm too busy to really worry about it. I played you on 10 hours sleep over the last 4 days, and I got 2 hours last night. Why worry... I'll worry about crashing my car today instead, or running out of 5-hour energies.

I will say that my TE is a beast. I don't think I threw any one route to him more than say twice. He caught slants, drives, deep posts, quick outs, deep outs, deep ins... That guy is just fucking UNSTOPPABLE. What a find by our recruiting staff :D

Not only does he catch the ball, but then he starts barreling through tackle attempts. And fast enough to outrun some pretty fast guys on your squad. He's just a manimal.