Georgia Tech 41 - Miami 24

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Jan 19, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Georgia Tech 41 - Miami 24

Mo can do the write up. He won, and is much better at this shit than me anyways. I just wanted to give my 2 cents real quick.

This was easily the least fun game of NCAA football I have ever played, and quite honestly...atleast 3 times I was about to just say fuck it and quit and quit the league and be done with this shit. I'm just going to give you the stats

- Adam Francis - sacked 10 times, hit about another 10 times. Our o line, along with keeping in a TE, RB, sometime both, literally could not block anyone. Even when they had 3 rushers, still 0 time

- We dropped approximately 8 interceptions. Including 2 in the endzone

- 1 of which in the endzone came on GT's 1st TD of the game, the most bullshit play of all time. His Qb got hit when throwing and literally just threw it up for grabs. There were 3 Miami DBs around 1 GT WR. Who do you think comes down with the ball, the WR. But wait...it gets better, he does so literall in the back right corner of the endzone...where even though logics and physics would say he is out of bounds....somehow he manages to stay inbounds and get a foot down. Depending on which side you are on, either the greatest catch in the history of football...or the biggest, most impossible bullshit thing ever.

- We hit his QB atleast 3-4 times, all with DEs and DTs, yet his QB not only avoiding going down with the sack, he recovers himself enough to complete passes.

- Our WRs dropped 3 passes that hit them between the numbers on 3rd downs, all of which would have kept drives going.

It seriously was a game that made me not miss playing it at all, and one that I am really thinking about throwing the towel in over and calling it a wrap until 2011 comes out.

This is to take nothing away from Mo. He played a total clean game, outplayed me and should probably have won regardless, but the lack of breaks, the amount of bullshit and unrealistic stuff that happened to us tipped my breaking point and I had to post something.

GG Mo, good luck the rest of the way. Sorry about the pause in the middle for my girl.

If I don't play my game next week...feel free to sim me and put me on auto.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

And Bruce or JMS or whoever, feel free to post a picture of a baby crying or something else, don't really care if you feel that way. Mo was the one playing me, and he can vouch for me that at one point I msg him and said I'm about to quit. That game was a complete unfun way for me to spend an hour and half of my free time, something I don't have much of, and the little bit I do have, I would like to enjoy, win, lose or draw...not feel fucked from the opening possession like the cpu would have had a better chance than me playing

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Funny thing with the sacks, I gave u a nice dose of your own medecine. :)

the passes u dropped were more of your guys slapping at the ball. Maybe two u dropped aside from the two you did pick off.

I figured u wasn't having fun so I let up a little to make things interesting. :(

4. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Very...consoling...lol

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this is how we do...Juggs shouldn't take me seriously lol...no one really does.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Mike,

I appreciate that you've stuck around probably longer than you wanted to just because most of us wanted you to stick around. You haven't been having fun with the game for a good while now. I'm not trying to push you out, but I really don't think it's fair of me to ask you to stay any more, and I have been asking that for a long time now. Maybe selfishly.

Basically this is what I was trying to say on the text where you misunderstood and thought I was saying you were holding us up. That if you wanna quit you should.

If the game simply isn't any fun. I don't want you to do something that's not fun in your spare time... Like you said. That's not something I'd ask anybody to do - I don't think any of us would.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next game came out and you didn't find the time for it too. I think this is called growing up, to some people. I think I'll be a gamer all my life but with you that might not be the case. They may continue to get less and less interesting. Would love to take another stab at an OOTP dynasty sometime.... I bet we could get QUITE A FEW guys from here into something like that...

You seem to inherently understand that the ball won't always bounce your way in that game :D blahahahaha I'm kidding around.

This isn't a kiss off of course, but do what you need to, don't worry about us bro. :)

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah to me it sounds like the towel has been thrown. We want you here I'm 2011 so don't fucking disappear. We gave u shit before b/c u are a founding member and a cool dude. 6 seasons is pretty good imo.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

First off, I apologize to Mo for this post last night, not fair to him to take away from his win.

I had a night to think it over. I sent Helli a long email this morning. It is a little more level headed that this post and pretty much says how I am feeling at this point. To summarize it:

- I love playing in this league. I have known Helli for 10+ years, have become friends with Jason so that now he is in all my gambling pools, talk with a few others pretty regularly thru email/text, and generally just love playing with and talking shit with everyone in here. I would play any game (Monopoly, Go Fish, etc) in a league with the 11 of you, thats how much fun I have.

- I absolutely HATE 2010. I think it is a bullshit and broken game, something Helli said from day 1. There are flaws in it that are unfixable. 2009 had plenty of flaws too, but you could adjust. There are ones in 2010 that you can;t do anything about (playing the option, blocking the pass rush, etc). And they frustrate the shit out of me.

- If this was a game I bought to play solo or to play in any other league (see Forza or Madden) the shit would have been tossed along time ago. But it's the Tradition so I have stuck thru it.

So that brings me to the point I'm at now.

Very limited time I do have spent playing a game I completely despise for the sake of staying in the league not only this year, but when 2011 comes out
    vs
    Calling it a wrap on 2010 and probably, on my Tradition life in general since my spot in the league next year will be gone, and I won't want to play in any other league after all the seasons with you guys in T1 (no disrespect to any other league out there).

I have set aside time to get my games in and haven't missed anything this year. And while I am "growing up" as Helli put it, I am still a gamer and this is the one league I do enjoy enough to continue setting aside time for to play. So I'll suck it up and stick it out and play a piece of shit game (IMO) for the sake of being in the league and continuing to play with you guys. But I hate this fucking thing and can't wait for 2011 to come out.

You'll probably have to deal with these rants from time to time...you can call me a baby and a pussy if you want though, I'm fine with that lol. But I'll do my best to tough it out and try not to complain.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

OK....LOL. So I get to kick you ass again next week. Even better!!!

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Your such a baby lol

I don't know how anyone can stand 09 with the speed being the end all be all.

At least in 2010 I can compete with the team I currently have. Put my same team against helli's or bruce's teams and I have no shot because they have the obvious speed advantage.

I understand somethings in the game maybe BS, but I like to chalk it up as I know I see BS on Saturdays and Sundays IRL so it's par for the course lol.

I'm kinda surprised you didn't at least challenge that call on my 1st TD.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Can't challenge in user games Mo...trust me I would have. I was going nuts. You're lucky you don't use a mic in games. Your ears would have been bleeding with the amount of cursing I was doing.

12. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Mike, I feel your pain, but look at it this way.

Atleast you didn't get shut out!!!! lol. DAMN YOU KINGER!!!! :D

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    U can't challenge? Wow I learn more stuff everyday.

Lol I can't play with my mic. U won't hear me sound frustrated nor will u hear me say much. I'm in a zone when I play

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I thought 09 was way more busted then 10, just my opinion dude.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Mike,

Glad to see that you'll be hanging out bro. truth be told I enjoy myself just slightly more than I did when the game first came out. I have FINALLY (I think) gotten used to the camera angles.

And even though I get tired of the fact that only certain routes get open... when I see the Colts and their slant-fest in the NFL.... and then 1 out of 10 times they throw something else... I guess it's something I can live with. I've found a few other routes in playbooks that tend to get open and gotten better at dissecting zones. That said, I still hate the game overall... hahaha.

16. BRUCE80

2010 plays a better game of football then 09. There are flaws for sure and there always will be in video game football.

Before I forget...

17. BRUCE80

Mike please STFU!

[​IMG]

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Bahahah! Great post.

Mike I know you know the game of football well--my suggestion would be to just stay calm and try and connect the dots to exactly what is happening each game. If your o-line is getting rocked, keep an extra back in to chip that DE. If zone is getting eaten in a particular game, stop running that shit! lol. If your CPU D is getting Mossed on every time, switch to user everytime the ball is in the air. If you're gonna get beat at least go down swinging.

The game is much more of a chess match this year IMO. Take the ACC Championship game versus Mo last year. He had a 99 MCV corner who was usually lock down. But I happened to have a 99 spd WR and his CB was only 89-90 spd. My WR was getting off all 1st half. Second half, he adjusted and put his other corner who was less of a cover guy but had comparable speed and it was much tougher for me to make plays. He adjusted in time--I didn't--I lost. Keep playin brother! (y)

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I could tell juggs what he was doing wrong....at least as far as the sacks go and half of them weren't me destroying his line neither...but I charge for my advice :)

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

What do you suggest for the following:

- 1st and 10, coverage sack by GT
    - 2nd and 15, I'm in Ace form under center, keeping no one into block...insta-pressure by GT, sacked before I hit my 3rd step on my drop
    - 3rd and 20, In ace form with 2 RBs, both of which staying in to block....vs a 3 man Dline/pass rush. 7 blockers vs 3 rushers!!!! Instapressure, sacked immediately.

What exactly should I do to combat that other than what I did do....send Mo a message "seriously lol"

21. Blaza

Hehe, I know its frustrating man. My least favorite animation in the game is when your QB can't even turn around to hand off the ball before being sacked (And I'm not talking run commit either--just hella pressure).

Hell, the last TWO times I've played Cole he's got me on those at my own 1 yard line for safeties. How? I dunno--but sometimes it just happens. I can't say exactly what I would do since I didn't see the game, but off the top of my head I would suggest running a few plays out of shotgun in hopes that it would buy you the extra second you needed to at least get the ball off.

22. BRUCE80

It happens, I have had games where my dline was crazy (Auburn)and games where they did nothing (Georiga).

I have been insta sacked plenty of times and seen my team get that crazy fast pressure, cant run and cant pass...teams get after you at times.

I didnt change what I do. The games changed how my players played vs the players who were blocking them.

It may seem lame and cheap but it is how football works at times.

Up and down games are pretty cool, hot and cold players and such.

Who knows Mike, its a video game and has plenty of good parts to go along with the garbage like the insta sack.

23. Blaza

x100. For every instasack there's an amazing pick-6. We all know how good those feel.

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

decided to delete this post...not worth bickering over...it is what it is

25. Blaza

Yeah but the randomness is what makes the game GOOD IMO. In real life guys are going to ball out one week and have a clunker the next. Any Given Saturday my friend.

Getting a W when you know your team didn't play up to its full capability is the ultimate satisfaction to me.