Georgia Tech/Clemson recap part deux

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech/Clemson recap part deux

GT hasn't been on the field for a WEEK. The team was figured to come out rusty, struggling to find their niche against an aggressive Clemson defense...and they did at first glance. GT tried to establish the fleXbox One option game but once again Clemson was on it like glue. This is how the game started when these two 1st met. Another thing is games like this is why Coach Moreecemos installed a more passer friendly playbook with fleXbox One mixed it.

Bottom line, Clemson was selling out for the option and run plays. GT decided to take advantage of a over aggressive Clemson team. Up 3-0 in the 1st quarter, coach called up a HB screen to Marcus Wright, who wiggled, broke a few tackles deep in their own territory...all the way to the tune of 87 yards for paydirt.

Clemson would quickly strike back on their next drive with backup QB Willie Korn hitting WR T. Ashe 22 yards for the score to end the 1st quarter. GT soon learned a few tendencies of Clemson's offense. The 2nd quarter was the turning point for the Yellow Jackets. GT took a 17-7 lead on a deep pass from Shaw to Tyler Melton for 59 yards, then the defense began to settle in. On back to back possessions, GT began to flood the middle of the field and was hoping to confuse Clemson QB Korn. Well it worked. CB Derrick Jasper came up and intercepted Korn, then taking it to the house to put the score 24-7. On the next possession, GT CB Rashad Tarrant made the play of the game, one handing a Korn pass intercepting it out of mid-flight which completely stunned the Clemson faithful. It was that play that completely took Clemson out of it. GT would later score to put the game at 31-7 and Clemson never recovered.

Georgia Tech would end up winning 50-28 and the player of the game was QB Jaybo Shaw. Shaw used his arm and armed with funky playcalling and clever misdirection plays, Shaw threw for 366 yards and 3 scores. He only threw 5 incompletions on the game giving Shaw one of his best games as a collegiate player.

GEORGIA TECH- 50, CLEMSON- 28

P.O.G.- QB Jaybo Shaw- 18/23, 366yds, 3TD's

GEORGIA TECH STATS

RB Marcus Wright- 13car, 59yds, 5rec, 133yds, TD
    FB Anthony Allen- 6car, 39yds, TD, 1rec, 21yds
    WR Tyler Melton- 6rec, 103yds, 2TD's
    TE Thomas Snyder- 3rec, 55yds
    CB Deron Jasper- 5 tackles, INT, TD
    MLB Brad Jefferson- 5 tackles, INT
    CB Jerrard Tarrant- 3 tackles, INT
    RE Anthony Egbuniwe- 2 tackles, FL, sack
    SS Mario Edwards- 6 tackles, FL
    FS Cooper Taylor- 6 tackles, FL

CLEMSON STATS
    QB Willy Korn- 18/30, 220yds, 3TD's, 3INT's, 7car, 41yds
    RB Jamie Harper- 12car, 34yds, 2rec, 11yds, TD
    WR Terrance Ashe- 4rec, 73yds, 2TD's
    WR Marquan Jones- 5rec, 65yds
    ROLB Scotty Cooper- 12 tackles
    LE Kevin Alexander- 9 tackles, 2FL, 2 sacks
    LE Daquan Bowers- 3 tackles, 2FL, 2 sacks

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I wish I could say nice win, but.

1) I hate the Yellowjackets so I'd never say that.

2) Clemson is really struggling right now. He is playing nothing like the guy I played in a scrimmage previously.... You gotta find yourself!

Bad win

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I actually played well in this game and things are turning around, but I made 5 or 6 mistakes, and Mo doesnt mess around when you do that. Korn had four turnovers again, the first pic I tried to squeeze it into my 6'5" receiver on 3rd and long and the ball was picked off the tip, the 2nd I threw into man to man trying to lead the receiver and his guy made a great one handed leaping pic. The third came at the end of a 25 to 30 yard run where I should of slid and Mo user big hit me to force a fumble and the last pic came when I was in hurry up and audibled thinking my guy was open but cut in to the coverage as I was pressing the button.
    The end of the first half was a disaster, I would normally have played that one a little more conservative and try to get to the half and receive the kick off. Oh well, atleast I get to play UNC every year. :)
    Oh and Mo you forgot to mention that 3rd and 25 where Shaw was two yards past the line when he threw the ball. Without that he would of only had 330 passing yards.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I actually played well in this game but I made 5 or 6 mistakes

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol yeah Cole. He rushed shaw and the ends were coming heavy from the outside. I instantly moved up into te pocket and really blindly threw a pass to Melton who caught it as Clemson's CB didn't read the ball right for a first down. That was a lol moment along with the one handed INT

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL. Yeah I wasn't laughing than but it is pretty funny now.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nah that wasn't funny if it was on my end...I'm not sure if I recall it correctly, but I swore you paused the game...I mean to be on the end result of that, I woulda did the same because it was 3rd and hell.