Georgia Tech - KennyLSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KennyLSU, Nov 17, 2009.

1. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

Georgia Tech - KennyLSU

Offense: Georgia Tech
    Defense: 4-3

2. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

Miami - SPatin

Offense: Illinois, I think
    Defense: I believe Multiple D

Scouting the Offense:
    Miami uses a spread. Lots of 3 wide sets. They will run out of it and has the RB's to do it. They only went down the field maybe twice and throw a lot of underneath routes. Time is precious, he likes to use the clock, he doesn't use Chew Clock but takes the play clock down to the last second pretty much every play.

Scouthing the Defense:
    For the game against me his scheme may have been different because GT is an option team and I ran the ball 80% of the time. He did load the box and played the pitch man so the middle was open in the triple option. I saw a lot of everything, 3-3-5, 3-4, 4-3 and even some 1-5-5 which I thought was odd.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

1-5-5 is not allowed in TF. If he was using that in the game it is a violation of the rules. Just an FYI if it comes up again.

4. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

WOW! I can't believe I overlooked the 1-5-5 being banned. I didn't use it CONSTANTLY, but a decent amount - although I'm not sure it helped much... Nesbitt still ran through my Defense with relative ease. I guess I can probably rule out using "Multiple D" now that I realize that since the 1-5-5 is one of its key formations.

Sorry, KennyLSU.

And just out of curiosity, why is the 1-5-5 banned?

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Because it is glitchy. Don't worry about it, just reread the rules please.Also, when you do a scouting report on someone else you post in THEIR thread, not your own.

6. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Offense: Georgia Tech
    Defense: 4-3

Scouting the Offense:
    Georgia Tech runs mostly out of the fleXbox One, with Jonathan Dwyer lined up behind the QB. The only time he really gets the ball, however, seems to be up the middle. Most often, which over flex-back (lined up in the wing spot just off the TE) goes in motion, the play is going in the direction in which he motions. QB Josh Nesbitt seems to be the most viable option as the Georgia Tech blocking seems to create a lot of holes right off the DE/inside the OLB. He also has some power to force his way through tacklers, which helped him turn some losses/short gains into big plays. There is a moderate passing attack, which seems mostly focused on the short routes (a lot of out slants and passes to Dwyer out of the backfield), with a few downfield throws here and there. Georgia Tech ran 15 pass plays and 30 rush plays vs. Miami (FL).

Scouting the Defense:
    The Georgia Tech defense played a base 4-3, with mostly zone coverage (Cover 2, Cover 3 from the looks of it). However, they tend to play close to the line or show blitz on the majority of the snaps. The biggest weakness seemed to be stopping the run on the inside, but some of that might have also been part of a strong Miami (FL) offensive line. When the play went outside, however, the defense seemed to string it out or get to the back rather quickly. Up the middle, there seemed to be a lot of open running lanes at times. With the zone, there aren't a lot of opportunities to beat the coverage downfield, but short routes to the sideline and over the middle tended to open up. There didn't seem to be any heavy blitzing, or much at all, but just a fairly 'straight-up' defense that forces you to put in the work if you're going to score.

7. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

Yeah the 1-5-5 didn't do much to hurt my offense. It actually made the option work a little better. It opened up the dive play.