Georgia Tech Post Game (Week 3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, May 3, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apr 19, 2009
    Georgia Tech Post Game (Week 3)

Post Game
    Georgia Tech 42 Virginia Tech 48

Story –

The Hokies proved to be too much for the young Georgia Tech squad as they stopped the Yellow Jackets multiple times on key passing downs, one being an interception returned to the 3 yard line during a drive that the Yellow Jackets could’ve taken the lead.

Although, some positives were that the running game was in full swing, and the defense was able to come up with some big stops in the fourth quarter. Help was also added on special teams when D Thomas returned a kickoff 95 yards to score with a little more than a minute remaining. Down by 6, the Yellow Jackets hope would be diminished as the referee signaled that the onside kick had landed into Virginia Tech hands.

Coach Kindurys–

(In the locker room after the game)​

Guys, we’re 1-2, BUT..we just hung with a team that will most likely win our division, and possibly our conference. We’re real, real young. We’ve got a lot of growing to do, and I believe if all of you work as hard as you can to reach your full potential, that is a team we will be able to beat at season’s end.

Don’t get me wrong here, I am not pleased with tonight’s results at all. Starting Monday, we got get back to film study, and keep working on the little things. Our secondary play really needs to improve, and I suggest to the DB’s to practice REAL hard because your spot is not guaranteed for next season.
  2. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    Wow, looks like it was a Great game!