Georgia Tech Scouting/Recruiting/News Reports

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Georgia Tech Scouting/Recruiting/News Reports

I wanted to catch up on this a bit.

GT recruiting is going "fairly well". I hope to add some size to my O-Line and add a powerful young Fullback to add to the stable when Dwyer graduates next year.

My team is actually very young, especially on offense. My entire back field should return next season. Defense wise I am hoping to land some superb OLB's for my 3-4 defense. I also need to add a 330lbs-plus space filler at nose tackle to anchor my D-Line. Both of my 3-4 D-Ends need to be replace with heavier 270lbs-plus run stopping players.

We'll see what happens, so far I havent got any hard commits. But I do have several players coming in town to the Wake Forest game.

2. Iron Mickey

With Fresh Legs from the Bye.....Dwyer is coming

[​IMG]

3. Iron Mickey

Recruiting Update

Going into the ACC Championship, Georgia Tech has gotten 3 Hard Commitments on incoming recruits.

Keith "DEBO" Jackson-Athlete (4-Star) #4 Overall in the U.S.

6'8" 327lbs./Adamsville, AL

Keith Jackson was one of GT's highly recruited and prized gems. Keith's nickname "DEBO" is pretty simple to understand because at the High School level this beast of a man killed anyone in his way. Coach Johnson said last year he wanted to add Girth to the offensive and defensive line and he sure as hell is doing it with Jackson. When asked by the Media what position "DEBO" was going to play next year, Coach Johnson said "well we have some ideas for Keith, probably DT, and possibly a little Fullback. He said in the recruiting process he would like to tote the ball like the fridge in goaline. we'll see how well of shape he reports in."

Johnathan Clarke-OT (3-Star)

6'2" 301lbs/Doraville, GA

Johnathan played @ the local Doraville H.S. where he lettered for 4-years. The Mustangs too ran a triple-option attack which made Clarke a hot commodity for Coach Johnson and the Yellow Jackets.

Brad Peterson-CB (3-Star) All Academic H.S.

6'2" 186lbs/Lithia Springs, GA

Peterson is a big, physical Cornber back with sub-4.0 speed. He could possibly step in and contribute as early as next year for the Jackets. On top of that Coach Johnson said he likes his CB's with a mean streak and Peterson fits that bill with over 200 tackles, 6 forced fumbles, and 14-Interceptions the past two years for the Lithia Springs Lions.

GT is still hot and heavy on several other recruits that Coach Johnson says could be commiting to the University as soon as 4-Weeks.