Georgia Tech Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, May 23, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Georgia Tech Summaries

Week 8

The Yellow Jackets take the trip down to Miami with hopes to improve their record to 4-3.

It looked like everything was locked up for Georgia Tech in the 3rd quarter when down 14-7 the Hurricanes were forced to punt the ball. After a 15 yard return Peeples would fumble the football and the Hurricanes walked in for the TD. Shortly after, Peeples would redeem himself by returning the kickoff 59 yards down to the 35 yard line (tackled by the kicker).

Unfortunately, the Yellow Jackets would fumble the ball at the 15 yard line.

Down by 3, the Yellow Jackets drove down the field, fumble free, and were able to tie the ball game with a short kick.

In Overtime, Miami would get the ball first but would be held to a field goal. Four Jonathan Dwyer runs later and the Georgia Yellow Jackets were celebrating the 30-27 win that would put them back on the right track towards a bowl game.

Stats -

Josh Nesbitt - 9/13 148 yards 1 TD 2 INT
    Jonathan Dwyer - 21 for 129 yards 3 TD
    Marcus Wright - 107 all purpose yards

Outstanding Defensive Player -
    Derrick Morgan - 6 TACK 3 TFL 1 SACK

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nice win, you seem to have some crappy luck with fumbles. Oh and stay away from that kicker Bama needs him.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Surely not as much as I do lol! I think Dwyer will be kicking for me next year

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I sure hope so.:D