Georgia Tech takes down Georgia, now waits

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech takes down Georgia, now waits

Georgia Tech knew what it had to do coming into this game and that's beat Georgia and hope the voters are impressed by a win in enemy territory.

This game was a flat out slugfest between the two Georgia schools. Both starting QB's for each team were knocked out during this game and what made it interesting on GT's side is that they were already without their All-American QB Jaybo Shaw, who strained his shoulder weeks ago. When backup QB freshman Jordan Luallen went down with broken ribs, the Yellow Jackets had to go to their 3rd string QB, Tevin Washington. Georgia's starting QB Thomas Cody went down and left the game as well, leaving this to be an ugly affair.

This time, it went to the Yellow Jackets, who dominated the Bulldogs. GT wanted to play it real close to the vest with using their backup Jordan Luallen but when he went down, they almost exclusively went to a fleXbox One running offense. JR Marcus Wright was great in this game, rushing for 100 yards on 10 carries and scoring 3 times on the game (2 rush, 1 pass). On total, GT passed an uncharacteristic 10 times on the game between the two QB's. It was a tough rush offense that allowed 3rd string QB Tevin Washington to lead a drive down the field using his arm, which is considered a weak point in his game right now. Washington would finish 5/5, with 75yds passing and a TD.

What was more impressive was the GT defense. Knowing the offense would be highly conservative, especially by Coach Moreecemos' standards, GT defensive coordinator Mogriffjr came after Thomas Cody and the Georgia offense. They blitzed early and often and it resulted in an early exit for freshman phenom Thomas Cody. Fellow freshman QB Zach Mettenberger came in and the GT defense continued to put the pressure on. They would force the freshman backup to throw 3 interceptions. On total, both QB's were sacked a combined 5 times.

This game saw the improved stock of GT's two likeliest pro prospects in DE Derrick Morgan and FS Cooper Taylor. Taylor was Mettenberger's worse nightmare, picking him off 2 times in the game. "With coach allowing a more aggressive defense like we were last year, it allowed me to freelance more and I was able to be in places to pick passes off and be a force out there. Meanwhile, Derrick Morgan had his best game this year with a 5 tackles, 2 sack effort. He was the recipient of the bullish pass rush the Yellow Jackets were throwing out there the most. Not to be outdone though is the defensive player of the game, CB Deron Jasper, the 4th CB who picked off two passes and returned them for TD's and recovered a fumble.

Georgia Tech's regular season is done due to their early season loss to Miami. Now they must watch their BCS fate be sealed by watching the ACC championship, the SEC championship and the Big 12 championship. Hopefully for GT, they'll get another shot at the title.

GEORGIA TECH- 45, GEORGIA- 10

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good game Mo

I don't know how you do it. When you go into coverage mode there isn't a single guy open. When you blitz it's instant, and i have no time. If I try to run it cooper is in my backfield before the guy has taken 2 steps. You're able to cover the vast majority of the field with one player. There's absolutely no way I could beat you at this time.

3. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

That is scary shit Mo!

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I scouted your team before I played...I saw your oline was ridiculous...I was already going to blitz a lot early and often but that kinda deterred me a bit. I guess what kept me at it was that your QB Cody wasn't much of a downfield passer so I took a ton of risks early trying to get to your QB before you can throw your passes. I hope I can convince Taylor to come back...I really don't have no one like him after this :(

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Last year you were good with the FS but it still felt like football playing you.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think now that you can get some good pressure, it seems impossible...honestly I just tried to take away routes that seemingly my guys can't cover and played you close, not expecting u to go over the top.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

just throw deep on his ass.......he pinches too much. Then when he covers deep hit the TE.

Watch the first play of video.... he moves in with the FS to cover the slot reciever...leaving slow ass Boykin 1 on 1 on a slant route........TD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS_0lxFXf8A

Granted you need some time....the guy in the flat is open....but thats cause the defender got caught up with my WR

3:11 he does the same thing with the SS and pinches in and I hit Robert on the same route.....except he sucks my balls and drops it.

3:44 he actually defends the same route and picks it...BUT if you check it out my TE is open going over the middle (has a 3-4 foot lead) and god forbid I tucked it in a ran with this ball.....easy 20 yards with taylor

4:50 he pinches with the SS.....Logan Thomas is one on one with a LB...easy pickens

5:05 he leaves my WR one on one with a bump...no safety help...easy score

6:24 he plays all man...everyone appears to be covered. TE again one on one...he drops it. If I had the Half back running out to the flat he would have been open and again he is leaving the field open to run with the QB also.

7:19 2nd TE goes on a streak and the slot guy open as well....MO as the FS is confused and doesnt know who to cover...I throw the ball all the way right to the TE...no way he can cover both.

8:09 he pinches with the FS and leaves Roberts one on one ....should have been a TD...but a long gain none the less

8:20 he actually decides to be the Nickel LB....looks like a cover 3 and the SLOT guy is WIDE OPEN...I take too long and he gets over in time....if I throw it quick like I usually do thats a first down....

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wasn't concerned with his 81 thp QB :), thus IMO helping me play into a plan I had.

Yes I play lots of man and I definitely play routes my guys can't cover. For example helli ran his slot WR on a seam route towards the middle of the field. Seeing that his guys were all running deep routes I followed suit. I saw my nickel CB (tarrant who gets beat far too often) so I quickly played underneath to keep helli holding the ball longer. I believe the end result was a sack on that play but this is the way I like to play. I hate being a zone monger and I'll only use it if I get continuosly get beat in man. I pinch down because I know I can get back if need be in coverage and I want you to think I'm coming with Taylor.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Thats the chess match I like with NCAA. I dont feel that with madden.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont feel anything with madden. Its just a slow numb game where nothing makes sense. I think I actually started drooling on myself my last game, and not in a good way.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How any of you guys are still playing Madden is beyond me. I just got $30 in trade for it.

Yeah I know JMS Ebay... I don't have time for that crap.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

if you knew how easy it is.

If I put the game on ebay at 3:30..it would be sold and I would have the money in my account by 3:35

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How much could you get for it right now? If that's true that it's that easy (where do you ship it from?) I might have to reconsider. :)

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

If you want it to sell in 1 minute..........put it on Ebay for 39.99 "buy it now". If you want to be a bit frugal you can put it on for 44.99. You could get 49.99 if you put it up for straight auction starting at 0.01.

I would do an auction starting at 39.00 buy it now for 39.99. (less cost from ebay than listing an item buy it now only.

I would do $2.00 shipping U.S. First Class Mail

My descriptions

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Gotcha. So for 10 bucks I got to save the time of finding a box for it, shipping it, etc. and did it plus buy the game at the same place. I can deal with that, but I still think I might sell it on Ebay next time.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Use a bubble envelope (yellow/brown) self adhesive/. You can print the shipping label from paypal. Slap it on the envelope, and give it to your mail man or drop it off the post office. No need to wait in line. Even better....have the wifey drop it off. My girlfriend drops off my games at the post office for me.........i am not home during the week.