Georgia Tech takes down Miami and Clemson in consecutive weeks

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech takes down Miami and Clemson in consecutive weeks

Coach Moreecemos has been on a personal search to find what he wants to do in life. The 23 year old coach has been seen in new videos on youtube, about how he's "searching" for his girl. It's been getting rave reviews and when this video came out, he personally texted his friend and rival, coach Helli from the Georgia Bulldogs. Sources say moreecemos said his time he's been putting into singing has been affecting his coaching duties at GT. After all, they haven't really gotten the ship righted after the VT loss and were coming up for a game against Miami.

But there he was on the sidelines for an important two game stretch. "I've recommitted myself to the program. I've put too much time into this team, I've won championships here and these kids deserve my time and effort because they came here to play GT football."

Against Miami, his team came out firing and delivered a mighty blow to the Hurricanes chances in this game. 1st drive, starting QB Ray Wise was knocked out of the game and for two more weeks. After that, it seemed like Miami could never recover as Adam Francis, who went from star QB to lame-duck backup threw 4 interceptions on the game. Meanwhile, Jeremy Cooke, who received the full confidence of coach after starter Andy Jones proved to be ineffective, played a great game, not throwing an interception and with a healthy ground attack, led his team to a victory over Miami, 33-13.

Clemson on the other hand was coming off of beating UNC soundly. They were riding high and had title aspirations. Well GT had another thing coming as on the first play, RB Clifford Perry took the swing pass for 69 yards for a score. GT really controlled the game thanks to some new wrinkles on offense. "I learned a lot over my small break and coming back to anaylze the team...Cooke really had a great handle on the new playbook because it resembles more of the pro-style PB he ran in HS....remember Cooke is a pocket passer and this PB is more for him," said Coach Moreecemos. With Cooke in charge of changing plays, he did so, plenty of times audibling out of plays to get his guys in better positions to succeed and he was masterful. While he did throw 2INT's, Cooke set passing records, throwing for 490 yards on the game. His main target was...no, not star-WR Joe West, but it was SO-WR Maurice Oliver. Oliver was masterful and the two seemingly were attached by the brain, making subtle adjustments as Oliver caught 13 passes for 264 yards and 2TD's. He also set records for receiving yards with his performance today. "It was unbelievable and one day I'll never forget," said Oliver.

GT ended up winning 48-38, and had to hold off a charging Clemson team towards the 2nd half of this game. Coming in ranked #9 (we fell a spot somehow after beating Miami...SMH), GT should jump a few spots after beating the #2 team in the nation.

2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Nice job with the wins in back to back weeks!

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Wise is a fucking pussy...totally ruined my gameplan.

Our o-line sucks and Francis moves like a 2000lb paralyzed orca whale.

I actually had a game plan in this one (rare since I usually just say fuck it and let the chips fall where they may). First play of the game, in 3 TE set, was gonna play action and throw it deep. And it worked...our longest gainer of the day, like a 40 yd completion to our TE. And then I was gonna run the entire rest of the 1st qtr regardless of the score or down and distance. Between Wise and HB Smith I figured we would be able to move the ball atleast a little. And hopefully at that point, Mo and his crazy stick skills at safety, would be forced to come up into the box and maybe then we could open up with some passes.

So what happens...Wise completes the pass, gets hit, our for 3 weeks (including the VT game), ruins our game plan. Smith is the lone runner on the team now so no deception, he gets stuffed. Francis gets hit on about 1/2 of his dropbacks (literally, Mo can confirm, every other pass he got hit or sacked or whatever), starts throwing lame ducks. I make a few horrible decisions...game over

Would it have mattered, probably not. Our defense sucks and Mo is far superior to me on the sticks. But atleast I would have lost with the gameplan I had. Instead, ruined due to a faggola at QB. And now we get to look forward to losing by 30 to VT on the road...yay me!

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

GG Mo. That disconnect in our first game really killed my defense some how.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Killed both of our defense. Only thing I changed was I vowed to open up more the second time around because that conservative bullshit I was doing got me nowhere the first time around.

And juggs, you always take what I do best away so I play u completely different than anyone else.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah we were getting pressure early on you and holding you to FGs. I think it was 16-3 right before halftime and then we had that big kickoff and got the FG to cut it to 10 at half which i was really happy with.

different between the 2 of us...you adjust on the fly, and was able to put up pts in the 2nd half. i don't, and throw 3 picks. ugh

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah we were getting pressure early on you and holding you to FGs. I think it was 16-3 right before halftime and then we had that big kickoff and got the FG to cut it to 10 at half which i was really happy with.

different between the 2 of us...you adjust on the fly, and was able to put up pts in the 2nd half. i don't, and throw 3 picks. ugh

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah Month not much my defense could do in the second game. You were threading theneedle with ease. You put the ball into coverage with precision over and over again. When you are feeling it in the passing game like that the only I can do is trying to keep scoring points.