Georgia Tech takes down Miami

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech takes down Miami

---Georgia Tech showed flashes of brillance in this game as they had to overcome a sluggish 2nd quarter to pull away from the Hurricanes, 42-13.

GT got out to a quick 14-0 lead using Miami turnovers to get them short field. Orwin Smith ran 6 yards out to put GT up 7-0. GT would then pick off Miami's QB via George Dunn, who had two on the game. That gave him the school record of INT's by a defensive player in GT history and the young man still has 5-6 games to go in the season. That would set up a 4 yard TD pass from Luallen to Collier to give GT the 14-0 lead.

Miami would tighten the ship and began to show all out blitzes against GT. They would force 2 interceptions on the quarter which led to 13 unanswered points. The big play of the quarter was a deep bomb from Adam Francis to Davon Johnson, who threw it over the head of FS George Dunn, for a 73 yard score. Miami's dominance in the 2nd quarter woke up Georgia Tech who got a bit lax after the huge 1st quarter.

The 2nd half was all Yellow Jackets as they began to blitz Miami heavy. The
    result was 6 sacks on the game and 5 in the 2nd half. They picked off Francis and recovered two fumbles in the quarter. GT's defense overwhelmed Miami and it led to 21 3rd quarter points, two of which came from a King fumble off a sack for a TD and a Jemea Thomas INT returned for a TD. Miami could never recover from that 3rd quarter as GT put it in cruise control and took the win sending Yellow Jacket fans home happy.

GG Juggs, I learned a lot from you today, kinda led to my 2nd half adjustments!

GATECH- 42, MIAMI- 13

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice win Mo. This is a big year for you.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Good win man. Your 2nd half adjustments/blitzing really turned the tide. Our offensive line couldn't protect Francis, and him being a freshman, every sack, every incompletion, every interception = more rattled, more squiggly lines. By the end of the qtr, I had ? marks over every receiver and couldn't even tell what the routes were. Hopefully next year, in Miami, with a year under his belt, we can give you guys more of a game. Good luck this year,looks like you're heading to the ACC title game already

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If I can return Luallen and Smith for one more year, I think next year is the year I need to win it, especially with another year under my young secondary's belt's.