Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

The Yellow Jackets had so much success in using their fleXbox One offense last year that new coach Moreecemos has come in and....CHANGED THE OFFENSE??

In one of the more bizzarre moves, Coach Moreecemos has opted for a more balanced offensive attack, but noting he must keep the base offense somewhat around. "I know what this team has been known to do but at the same time, I feel we should modernize this team's offensive approach."

GT's been out on the field practicing and scrimmaging hard against other squads trying to run a fleXbox One heavy offense and it has yielded very good results. The only problem is coach doesn't like the heavy pounding his QB, Josh Nesbitt (89), could end up taking. On average, Nesbitt has carried the ball over 20 times and though Nesbitt is a great athlete, coach wants to take advantage of the depth at RB.

In all honesty, Georgia Tech may have the most depth at RB this year. Impact RB Roddy Jones (90) figures to be the team's playmaker as he is the supreme scat back, a 5'9", 194lb RB with great agility and good speed (92). Here is where the depth comes in. While Jones may have the best ability to break one loose, he's not the fastest, nor biggest RB on the team. The fastest goes to 3rd string RB, SO Marcus Wright (84, 94spd). The strongest is their FB, who may have the biggest pro potential on the team and he goes by the name of Jonathan Dwyer (94, 93 spd). Dwyer can block too, making him a deadly option out of the backfield. Even SO-RB Embry Peoples (86) figures to break a few big runs. This team's RB corps is scary.

So why would Moreecemos change the offense with so much depth at RB? The passing game is pretty sound as well with a solid WR corps. JR Demaryius Thomas (88) is the #1 option, a 6'3", 228lb manchild with great hands and elite jumping skills. Also the YJ's have SO Tyler Melton (82) and Correy Earls (83) who are the burners for the GT WR corps.

It's safe to say that the GT offense should be exciting and we should expect nothing less than that from a Moreecemos led squad. The defensive side of the ball will be previewed next!

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this should be on the blog

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ask and ye shall receive!

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GEORGIA TECH OUTLASTS #4 USC​

The new wrinkle on offense that coach Moreecemos put in really didn't matter this week. It was pretty much the fleXbox One offense from last year that saved the Yellow Jackets from losing a heartbreaker to the Trojans of USC.

GT used all 4 of its top RB's (and yes we include QB Jamar Nesbitt in that group) to spear a 300 yard rushing attack to overwhelm the Trojans defense. Nesbitt indeed led the Yellow Jackets in rushing with 138 yards on 18 carries, hitting the endzone two times on the ground. Nesbitt was also effective efficiency wise through the air, going 13 for 17 for 148 yards but he was picked off two times.

Early on in the game, GT had effectively took a good 24-7 lead thanks to the rushing efforts of RB's R.Jones, E.Peeples, and J.Dwyer. Jones had a long 33 yard run in which 3rd string RB Peeples turned it into a score on a triple option. Dwyer had 94 yards on 14 carries but most of it came on a 61 yard TD run up the gut.

USC was a mess offensively in the 1st half, turning the ball over 2 times, as they tried to establish the run game early on. Gable was ineffective though in general, rushing for only 76 yards on 20 carries. Corp threw 2 picks which didn't help matters and as a result they went into half down 27-7.

USC would heat up, tightening up on defense and stopping the run attack and getting Corp some sets to get his WR's in open space. They would get to 27-14 going into the 4th and then went off scoring 21 points. GT would hold serve scoring 13 themselves offsetting much of the USC scoring (7 of which came with no seconds on the clock).

The game wasn't a blowout and it necessarily wasn't as close as the score indicates. What it does show for those who were watching was GT needs to do a better job of playing defense being up. USC had plenty of big plays in the 2nd half which kept them in the ballgame.

GT will go on to play Clemson next week which should be an exciting game.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    A GAME OF INCHES

In what turned to be a game decided by one's decision to jump a route, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets survived a game of dynamic proportions.

What happened dare you say? The Clemson Tigers just scored on a great slant pass from QB Korn to Dye for the tying score at 31. With 33 seconds left, Corso and the gang suggested GT take this game into OT. "You don't want to make a mistake like an interception or fumble," said Corso. GT's coach Moreecemos was a bit daring in the final stages of the game.

He was telling his team to go for the big play. Nesbitt was making long distance connections with his WR's, particularly JR-WR Correy Earls all game. GT in fact had about 5 big plays over 25 yards in this game. Yet only thing it led them was frustration. There was much frustration due to the fact that GT couldn't punch in early opportunities for TD's and instead settled for FG's. In fact, GT had 3 FG's while they were deep in enemy territory.

Even more frustration was added when GT couldn't stop the Clemson attack. Clemson abandoned the run early when GT came to play heavy against Spiller and crew but much to the dismay of GT, Clemson went to the air and found success dink and dunking it's way down the field. Clemson's WR's were getting the inside edge on slants, getting to the outside quicker than GT's CB's. And then when GT's guys were in the right position to make a play, they dropped rather easy interceptions.

All of this led to a 31-31 tie with 33 seconds to go. Nesbitt was told by coach to be careful but be aggressive. Nesbitt on 1st down dropped back but was hurried by Clemson's DLine and rushed for 7 yards. 2nd down, Nesbitt dropped back and threw a laser over the middle in which a foot over to the left could have been an interception but it was placed barely in front of the outstretched arms of G.Greco. 3rd down Nesbitt checked down and hit RB R.Jones for a 6 yard game. 11 seconds left and 1 timeout to go, GT needed at least 30 yards (at the Clemson 39 yard line) to get within their kicker's range. With that, Nesbitt took the snap and scanned the field......pressure was applied at the drop of his 7th step and then he began to boogie to the left side of the field. He managed to escape a bit from the opposing defensive linemen and looked up to see Correy Earls streaking down the sideline with a Clemson defender playing the deep third of his field. Nesbitt chucked the ball towards Earls and what turned out to be the luck of the century for GT, the Clemson defender was in perfect position to pick this ball off BUT IT SIMPLY WENT THROUGH HIS HANDS. It then dropped right into the hands of the waiting Correy Earls who took it 61 yards for the game winning TD.

KEY STATS
    QB Josh Nesbitt- 14/21, 295yds, 4TD's, 10car, 49yds
    RB Jonathan Dwyer- 6car, 57yds
    WR Correy Earls- 6rec, 149yds, 2TD's
    FS Cooper Taylor- 14tackles, 2FL
    DT Logan Walls- 3 tackles, FL, sack

QB Willie Korn- 20/28, 326yds, 2TD's, 6car, 28yds, TD
    RB C.J. Spiller- 15car, 41yds
    WR Jacoby Ford- 7rec, 140yds, TD
    WR Xavier Dye- 4rec, 36yds, TD
    FS Spencer Adams- 13 tackles

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hell of a recap and an even better game. I would have liked to see overtime there but I guess that just wasn't in the cards. The rambling wreck will be hard to stop this year, no doubt about that.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sounds like a great game. It's gonna be tough losing games that way, but it's going to happen. I can't wait to play Georgia Tech.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

BUT IT SIMPLY WENT THROUGH HIS HANDS....sounds like that is going to happen in this game from time to time.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I ain't gonna lie, he shoulda picked that off...I dunno how his CB didn't pick that off.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

No I screwed that play upwhen I dove at you with my LE. If I had just kept sprinting you wouldn't have had time to set and throw.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I was gonna high tail it out if the dive didn't come. Props to ea when I checked the headlines it said something to the effect that Georgia tech wins by inches. Good stuff.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

....He's annoyingly good in the pocket in general.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol @ annoyingly good.

Clemson had just one sack but he had good pressure all game...he was pinching the line, slanting left and right...lcukily for me i was moving solidly around the pocket...but that play he had great pressure and i rolled left almost instantly.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

:D

I didn't say you were annoyingly good. I said you're annoyingly good in the pocket!!! ;)

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GEORGIA TECH STARTS 2010 RECRUITING CLASS

Coach Moreecemos announced two new guys that will be entering the GT football program next season.

The 1st signee of the season goes by the name of Andrew Brooks, a DT from Monroe, GA, right in Georgia Tech's backyard. The 6'6", 286lb DT was ranked #20th in his DT class. Brooks is your classic high motor guy. He's not fast at all and doesn't possess great strength but for a guy his age, his pursuit of plays (B-) is pretty solid as well as him shedding blocks (B-).

The 2nd signee on the season is Seth Downs, a TE from Carteret, NJ. Downs, a 6'2", 237lb TE was the #1 TE in the nation in this class and a 4-star recruit to boot. What made him the #1 TE was his overall all-around ability. He has solid speed (C+) and his hands are good (B-). In the videos we've obtained from rivals.com, Downs was a tough guy to bring down and was given a B- grade for breaking tackles. He also excelled in blocking, being one of the better pass blocking TE's for his class. His pass blocking footwork was graded a good B- as well. Downs will likely start and see time immediately at the TE position once he steps onto campus.

Stay tuned for more updates on Georgia Tech news.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ESCAPE ARTISTS​

For the 3rd straight game to open up the season, the Yellow Jackets had to sweat for a win. Coach Moreecemos and the boys must love to put the pressure on the heart of GT fans all across america.

Georgia Tech came out stuffing the Miami run and forcing them to pass. That's when GT pinned it's ears back and blitzed heavily, forcing incompletions and sacks early and often in the 1st half. Meanwhile, GT was scoring...when they were escaping danger. Miami was turnover ready, going for the strip many times against GT and forcing a few fumbles. On total for the game, GT lost two fumbles and dropped two others on the ground. They had 4 turnovers in the game, which is inexcusable.

Those turnovers caught up to them, along with an offense which played desperate in the 4th. Miami was down 31-10 going into the 4th when they scored 2 quick TD's to put them within a TD. Miami must have been watching the gametape on previous GT games because once again the pass was the way to go, scoring two TD's through the air.

"We can never make things easy now boys?" angered Coach. He sent out his team and sent in the play of a PA pass to #2 TE. "If he's open, HIT HIM," said Coach to Nesbitt. Miami had been biting hard on the inside run and option run. GT would execute the play to perfection as Miami bit on the playfake and Nesbitt threw a perfect pass to #2 TE Lucas Cox who rambled 55 yards down to the 1 yard line. FB Jonathan Dwyer would punch it in for his 3rd TD on the game and giving GT the cushion needed for the final 2:06. Miami would score again on a TD pass from Harris to Benjamin but a final onside kick didn't go Miami's way as GT sealed the win.

GEORGIA TECH- 38, MIAMI- 31

KEY STATS
    GEORGIA TECH
    QB Josh Nesbitt- 17/25, 233yds, TD, 2INT's, 20car, 27yds
    RB Roddy Jones- 10car, 132yds, TD
    FB Jonathan Dwyer- 8car, 14yds, 3TD's, 2rec, 22yds
    WR Willie White- 5rec, 82yds, TD
    MLB Brad Jefferson- 10 tackles, FL, INT
    CB Jerrard Tarrant- 7 tackles, FL, sack
    SS Morgan Burnett- 5 tackles, FL, INT

MIAMI
    QB Jacory Harris- 16/33, 287yds, 3TD's, 2INT's
    RB Graig Cooper- 17car, 70yds, 2rec, 15yds
    WR Aldarius Johnson- 5rec, 74yds
    WR Travis Benjamin- 4rec, 71yds, TD
    WR Laron Byrd- 3rec, 77yds, 2TD's
    6 guys with a sack a piece

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GEORGIA TECH STEALS POTENTIAL RECRUIT​

#11 ranked OLB Adam King was all scheduled to take his visit to North Carolina this week. The 6'2", 223lb LB is known for being a run stopper by rivals.com. Being that he's from North Carolina, there were all indications that he would choose UNC over GT if UNC wooed him over during the visit.

Well all it took was one more phone call before that visit to UNC and King shocked UNC by signing with GT before taking his official visit to UNC. "I just was in love with GT from the start," said Adam King, who had Georgia Tech as his #1 school from the start. "Their athletic facilties pretty much sealed it for me," continued King. King could very well come in and start as a freshman. The 4-star LB has solid speed (B-), tackling (B-), block shedding (B-) and pursuit (B-) according to rivals but his biggest attribute is his agility (B+) giving him the ability to shift quickly from one way to the other. "Hey that special kind of agility at the LB position is what separates some of these guys from the rest. "That's a split second this kid King can get to the ball unlike other LB's that are coming in," stated Coach Moreecemos.

The signing of Adam King gives GT 3 recruits already signed LOI for the 2010 season.

(#11) 4-star OLB Adam King (6'2", 223lbs) Ahoskie, NC
    (#1) 4-star TE Seth Downs (6'2", 237lbs) Carteret, NJ
    (#20) 3-star DT Andrew Brooks (6'6", 286lbs) Monroe, GA

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good shit bro. I was wondering, do you have any potential interest in posting this over at ncaa utopia? I'm over there, people are asking if anybody else from the league is posting shit... Just curious. The style of these reports is what they prefer over the graphic shit I'm doing. Can't believe you already have 3 recruits signed, ya bastid....

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol sure i'll post it over there...got any links for me ha

I already stole that recruit from bly...the other one that was important for me was the TE...i'm currently using FB's at the TE position since GT had NONE.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT?​

Ok this isn't exactly baseball here but the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets were trying to shutout the NC State Wolfpack as the 4th quarter started. The score was already out of hand by that time, as GT's offense was clicking on all cylinders.

If there was a star to this game, I really couldn't point it out to you because simply, this was a team effort with every guy contributing to the cause. QB Josh Nesbitt may have had the best game statisically, throwing for 146 yards on 10/13 with 2TD passes while rushing for 112 yards on 11 carries. Jonathan Dwyer was the workhorse, getting the short yard carries but also scoring 3 times on the ground with 55 yards rushing. RB Roddy Jones once again hit a big play, this time, running for 102 yards and a score with his long run being a 53 yard scamper off the triple option.

Feeding off the offenses prowless though was the defense who held NC State's SO-QB Russell Wilson in check. Wilson had a hard time trying to pass over the behemoths of the Georgia Tech defensive line. While the speedy QB was sacked only twice, he was picked off 5 times on the game. Even moreso whenever he tried to run, he was literally hit within moments of hiking the ball.

All of this led to a 4th quarter lead of 45-0 and coach really wanted the shutout because he really wanted this defense to improve, especially with it's lackluster efforts trying to stop the pass. At the same time, he didn't want to see one of his star players exit the game due to injury. In the end, he threw the 2nd team offense and defense in there. Once he made this move, of course NC State would put together a nice drive, including a key 44 yard pass from Wilson to speedy WR TJ Graham which set up the 11 yard TD pass from Wilson to TE George Bryan.

In the end, despite not shutting out NC State, coach did feel he made the right decision, as he saw two of his backups leave the game with injury (backup QB Jaybo Shaw and FS Dominique Reese). Georgia Tech has a lot more important football remaining and they need all of their key parts to be ready and able. A 51-7 dominating win goes a long way though as we'll see if this defense can sustain this good play.

GEORGIA TECH- 51, NORTH CAROLINA STATE- 7

GEORGIA TECH
    QB Josh Nesbitt- 10/13, 146yds, 2TD's, 11car, 112yds
    RB Roddy Jones- 13car, 102yds, TD, 2rec, 12yds
    FB Jonathan Dwyer- 13car, 55yds, 3TD's
    WR Correy Earls- 4rec, 68yds, TD
    WR Demaryius Thomas- 2rec, 50yds, TD
    SS Morgan Burnett- 7 tackles, 3FL
    FS Cooper Taylor- 7 tackles, 2FL, 2INT's
    MLB Brad Jefferson- 5 tackles, INT
    DT TJ Barnes- 4 tackles, 3FL, sack

NORTH CAROLINA STATE
    QB Russell Wilson- 15/32, 221yds, TD, 5INT's
    RB Toney Baker- 23car, 78yds, 1rec, 13yds
    WR TJ Graham- 3rec, 73yds
    TE George Bryan- 2rec, 39yds
    SS Clem Johnson- 16 tackles, FL
    ROLB Terrell Manning- 10 tackles, 4FL
    RE Jeff Rieskamp- 5 tackles, 2FL, sack

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    RECRUIT REID SIGNS, ANOTHER ONE LOOMING?​

Just an update on the recruiting side of things for the Yellow Jackets. GT has reportedly signed SS Chris Reid, a 6'4", 196lb kid from Douglas, GA. Reid committed to the Yellow Jackets after his official visit and seeing GT demolish NCState, 51-7. Reid fits the role of your prototypical SS, good power on his tackles (C+), excellent in pursuit (B) and good tackling skills (C+)

Also, Georgia Tech has received a soft commit from ATH Nick Jackson from Tuskegee, AL. Rated #11 among ATH's, Jackson's position in collegiate football is very sketchy. He is the literal meaning of an athlete as he joined the team as a Junior in HS and played RB, WR, LB and CB. His best attributes are his speed (B+) and his agility (B+). His hands are very much a work in progress (D+) making him unlikely to be a WR. He's very much NOT a CB, being that he's scored (D) and below in all coverage aspects. We see Jackson as a RB by all accounts IF he enrolls with the Yellow Jackets.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    300+ YARDS RUSHING LEAD GT OVER MISS ST​

Boy the new coach is starting to warm up to that old offense. Was it the fact that it has been very successful this year? Maybe that it has kept his offense on the field longer than the team's opposing offense? I'm pretty sure it has to do with the offenses prowless in destroying opposing teams on the ground.

Today was no different as #8 ranked Georgia Tech rushed for 324 yards on 55 carries, a very unusual feat for any moreecemos coached team. "I come from the school of a passing offense...remember that Bill Walsh guy?...yeah I kinda came from that tree...to see these guys going out there running the ball so freely, I definitely know when to adapt back to the strengths of this team."

And maybe it's for the betterment of the team to keep the ball on the ground. QB Josh Nesbitt isn't known for his arm but more for his athletic ability and his knack for getting yards on the ground. He led the Yellow Jackets in rushing in this game with 110 yards and 2 scores. Lead back Roddy Jones had 90 yards on 15 carries while FB Jonathan Dwyer once again had a breakaway run of 52 yards, giving him 2TD's on the game to go along with 87 yards on 9 carries. Even 3rd string RB Embry Peeples got into the act with 29 yards and a score.

What this does to the opposing team is it makes them wanting to answer the scores quickly. Mississippi State didn't have the ball much at all (GT- 21:34 to MISSST- 10:26). To their credit, they only turned the ball over 1 time but otherwise they couldn't muster a consistent offense against a fresh GT defense that gave up 240 yards on the game.

Georgia Tech improves to 4-0 on the year and hopes to improve on their #8 ranking as they continue to improve on some early title hopes.

GEORGIA TECH- 55, MISSISSIPPI STATE- 17

KEY STATS
    GEORGIA TECH

QB Josh Nesbitt- 10/16, 171yds, TD, 2INT's, 18car, 110yds, 2TD's
    RB Roddy Jones- 15 car, 90yds, 3rec, 33yds
    FB Jonathan Dwyer- 9car, 87yds, 2TD's, 1rec, 14yds
    RB Embry Peeples- 9car, 29yds, TD, 1rec, 23yds
    WR Willie White- 3rec, 30yds, TD
    WR Correy Earls- 1rec, 56yds
    DE Derrick Morgan- 5 tackles, FL, sack
    DT TJ Barnes- 3 tackles, 3FL, sack
    CB Rashaad Reid- tackle, INT

MISSISSIPPI STATE
    QB Tyson Lee- 14/25, 149yds, INT, rushing TD
    RB Anthony Dixon- 7car, 22yds
    RB Christian Ducre- 1car, 53yds, TD
    WR Terrance Davis- 4rec, 86yds
    SS Charles Mitchell- 13 tackles, FL, INT
    LOLB KJ Wright- 12 tackles, 2FL, sack

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sure man here is the link.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/index.php

You will find the dynasty section under dynasty reports and they also have something I like very much called the Dynasty Vault. basically the dynasty vault is where nobody can reply except for the creator of the thread. So in other words when you wanna look at your shit without seeing a bunch of comments mixed in... or read somebody else's dynasty without comments.

As for the recruits. I know you like them tall safeties. you would have been like a pig in shit with the last class... As was I... I had a 6'5 and a 6'4 safety listing me #1.... i was so happy lol.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    SURVIVAL​

Here's to the resilence of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

With their defense not being able to cover the flats and quick passes, here's to getting key stops.

While GT was scratching their heads as to why they couldn't cover the inevitable, all coach knew was they needed just 1 or 2 turnovers. "I don't think they can stop our offense," explained coach.

While the GT offense was far from the offensive juggernaut it was in past games, it was getting key 1st downs and TD's when they needed it. The triple option was stuffed for most of the time except the middle, in which FB Jonathan Dwyer saw his most effective runs. He ended up with 2 more TD's giving him 11 on the season. When Nesbitt was being harassed in the pocket, he did have a few big plays like when one of the FSU defenders dragged around his ankles but Nesbitt slipped off and raced for 36 yards to set up a TD run by Dwyer. Or how about the game winning TD when Nesbitt dropped back towards the left of the line and saw his favorite target Correy Earls wide open, hitting him in stride and then seeing Earls run towards paydirt.

The defense was on the field way too much for coaches liking. 19:33 to 12:27 was the advantage that FSU had on GT. FSU had almost doubled the yardage GT put up (501 to 256). Yet it was two turnovers, two user picks by both safeties which eventually did FSU in. Taylor jumping a route and Barnett jumping a curl route. Combined, the two safeties had 26 tackles a sack and 2INT's, giving GT the upper hand in the end.

GEORGIA TECH- 38, FLORIDA STATE- 35

KEY STATS
    GEORGIA TECH

QB Josh Nesbitt- 10/17, 184yds, TD, 19car, 39yds, TD
    FB Jonathan Dwyer- 5car, 36yds, 2TD's
    RB Roddy Jones- 6car, -2yds, TD, 1rec, 39yds
    WR Correy Earls- 3rec, 78yds, TD
    FS Cooper Taylor- 15 tackles, FL, sack, INT
    SS Morgan Burnett- 11 tackles, FL, INT
    MLB Brad Jefferson- 11 tackles

FLORIDA STATE
    QB Christian Ponder- 23/27, 353yds, 3TD's, 2INT's, 8car, 28yds, 2TD's
    RB Jermaine Thomas- 22car, 94yds, 3rec, 71yds, TD
    WR Rod Owens- 6rec, 90yds, TD
    WR Taiwan Easterling- 5rec, 52yds
    LE Kevin McNeil- 6 tackles, 3FL, 3 sacks
    DT Kendrick Stewart- 4 tackles, 4FL, sack

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Jeez! another close one. Reminds me of Purdue last year, lolol....